Advice to buy a SATA2 ssd 120gb

i'm rly newbie about HD's/SSD's. I'm wanting to buy a SSD to prevent the fuckin stutterings in WoW...

HD 500gb 7200rpm
    CPU intel core i5 2500
    RAM 4gb 1333hz
    Graphics Card Gtx560ti 1 gb
    Power Supply 500w antec
    Operating System win7 64x
    Resolution 1360x768
    WoW Settings (AA, Shadows, View Distance, Spell Effects...etc) All ultra expect shadow ( Low ) and liquid ( Fair )

The stutter only happens when i'm loading new textures/effects in wow. But once loaded, that texture doenst cause stutter anymore until i restart my PC. Its HD related right?
    Last edited by blackops2008; 2011-10-24 at 06:54 PM.

An SSD isn't going to necessarily stop stuttering in WoW for you. The main benefit of having an SSD is the reduced loading times of anything you installed on it. I would start by listing your system and its specs so that the community members here can possibly help you trouble shoot the issue.

HD 500gb 7200rpm
    CPU intel core i5 2500
    RAM 4gb 1333hz
    Graphics Card Gtx560ti 1 gb
    Power Supply 500w antec
    Operating System win7 64x
    Resolution 1360x768
    WoW Settings (AA, Shadows, View Distance, Spell Effects...etc) All ultra expect shadow ( Low ) and liquid ( Fair )

It happens only when i restart my pc and log-in on wow. When i load new textures ( Skills/character's ) happens a tiny stutter. but when i "cache" this textures it doenst happens anymore until i restart my computer.

Exactly what HDD do you have?
    Your system shouldn't have any stuttering problems as is. Even my old laptop's HDD was plenty fast to be stutter-free.
    How much ram do you have free before you launch wow, and how much free after you're in-game?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1360x768 is a mighty small resolution, especially for that kind of computer hardware. Are you playing on like a 15" monitor? =S
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Exactly what HDD do you have?
    Your system shouldn't have any stuttering problems as is. Even my old laptop's HDD was plenty fast to be stutter-free.
    How much ram do you have free before you launch wow, and how much free after you're in-game?
    Seagate 500gb. I have 4 gb ram, and it accurs even without nothing running in background. I already RMA'd my GPU to prevent possible falty VGA but it keeps happening.

Its a minor stutter, like 0.2 sec stutter or lower. But its annoying, and happen only when i restart my PC and i need to load some new textures or effects.

My friend have this issue too, i tested on another computer too And it happened...
    Last edited by blackops2008; 2011-10-24 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    Seagate 500gb. I have 4 gb ram, and it accurs even without nothing running in background. I already RMA'd my GPU to prevent possible falty VGA but it keeps happening.

Its a minor stutter, like 0.2 sec stutter or lower. But its annoying, and happen only when i restart my PC and i need to load some new textures or effects.

My friend have this issue too, i tested on another computer too And it happened...
    You tested running it off your hdd on another computer?

It may be a software problem... I'd recommend deleting your wow folder and reinstalling from scratch... then play for a few days to let it rebuild the cache... if it's still happening then, then it's probably a hardware problem.

I've run WoW off a super-slow portable hdd before and never experienced the stuttering that you described... I just don't think the HDD is causing it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    You tested running it off your hdd on another computer?

It may be a software problem... I'd recommend deleting your wow folder and reinstalling from scratch... then play for a few days to let it rebuild the cache... if it's still happening then, then it's probably a hardware problem.

I've run WoW off a super-slow portable hdd before and never experienced the stuttering that you described... I just don't think the HDD is causing it.
    I already reformated and reinstaled wow. It minimized the issue, but the issue isnt gone.

I dont think this issue happens in 3 different PC's with different setups and be hardware problem. Seriously.

I play with vsync on 60 fps all time ( Except when the stutter occurs when my fps decrease to 59~58 for 0.1~0.2 sec or lower ) it occurs only when i restart pc when he needs to cache textures/heavy spell effects.
    Last edited by blackops2008; 2011-10-24 at 09:18 PM.