10+ Year Old Account

Locks required raid class?

Is it just me or does some of the survivability + AoE talents indicate we are in store for an even huger chunk of a raid requirement? Some of the AoE changes are crazy. Harvest of Life, Illidan's Guile. Toss in Soulburn + SoC (provided they just add a cd to it vrs a reagent). I already get taken for debuff, HS, BRez, dps, and being able to self heal in a crit sit.. Toss is some kick azz AoE and less need for focus from heals. I mean we just got marked for becoming a major dmg. sink. Ok no AoE, the self heals are insane. Ive played a lock since Jan. 07, we have always really relied on ourselves to remain alive. But this is just crazy to me. I for one am looking forward to my main in MoP.

Don't get me started on what this means for PvP. You thought SL/SL was bad?

Faytel

in a 25man raid environment locks dont get brought into a 25man for the rezzes(should be more than enough), debuff or self heals. our heals are ok, nothing to say "lets bring a lock cuz he doesnt need to be healed". healthstones, summons and dps are our main reasons for being brought.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Well something to make us useful in raids would be nice right. Our dps is currently 'ok' but compared to the other dps class we provide a lot less utility. So why bring a lock if you could have a shadowpriest?

Deleted
    Because warlocks beat a shadowpriest a million times?
    Our DPS currently is like great. Demo goes insane, affliction close behind and on multitargetfights OP.
    Well played Warlocks will beat every well played shadow with equal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    Well something to make us useful in raids would be nice right. Our dps is currently 'ok' but compared to the other dps class we provide a lot less utility. So why bring a lock if you could have a shadowpriest?
    Ritual of Summoning, Brez, superior AoE damage, Dark intent, Healthstones. Pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Faytel View Post
    Is it just me or does some of the survivability + AoE talents indicate we are in store for an even huger chunk of a raid requirement? Some of the AoE changes are crazy. Harvest of Life, Illidan's Guile. Toss in Soulburn + SoC (provided they just add a cd to it vrs a reagent). I already get taken for debuff, HS, BRez, dps, and being able to self heal in a crit sit.. Toss is some kick azz AoE and less need for focus from heals. I mean we just got marked for becoming a major dmg. sink. Ok no AoE, the self heals are insane. Ive played a lock since Jan. 07, we have always really relied on ourselves to remain alive. But this is just crazy to me. I for one am looking forward to my main in MoP.

Don't get me started on what this means for PvP. You thought SL/SL was bad?

Faytel
    yes its seems nice but u know it will get interrupted in 1s
    if u can get some distance and juke their interrupts then all they can do is flop around while u get max hp :P
    but with great survivability comes reduced killing potential, atleast thats how i think blizz will have to balance that one out
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

In a 10m raid there's like 85 000 000 reason why i'm getting carried:

dps, dark intent, sp +10%, CoE.

And btw, excluding Baleroc (wich desn't deserve to be mentioned as a boss) there's no way to beat a DIntended S.Priest, equal gear and skill.
    The Spriest treats me like i'm his BiS weapon. I understand him, even his stats weight is based on my DI.
    I honestly would to the same, too bad i don't have a pocket-lock in my 10m raid with my priest :\. DI + CoE + SP 10% is that HUGE in a 10m for a shadow priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Ritual of Summoning, Brez, superior AoE damage, Dark intent, Healthstones. Pick one.
    well the first one is kinda meh

second one.. maybe but especially in a 10m situation a druid/DK do the same and better I feel.

I do disagree with the superior aoe. Yes we have superior burst aoe if we can line everything up ( and play demo). However over the course of a fight our on generic on demand aoe.. not that good ( compared to a SP/boomkin)

Healthstones and buffing the shadowpriest are indeed good reasons.

Not saying we're bad, we're really good but don't specifically shine in on some aspect to make it noticable when not there. And no P3 raggy isn't critical anymore after the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    well the first one is kinda meh

second one.. maybe but especially in a 10m situation a druid/DK do the same and better I feel.

I do disagree with the superior aoe. Yes we have superior burst aoe if we can line everything up ( and play demo). However over the course of a fight our on generic on demand aoe.. not that good ( compared to a SP/boomkin)

Healthstones and buffing the shadowpriest are indeed good reasons.

Not saying we're bad, we're really good but don't specifically shine in on some aspect to make it noticable when not there. And no P3 raggy isn't critical anymore after the nerf.
    you named three diferent classes there against the warlock, see my point?

the only better brez than my warlocks is a Druids being affliction i choose to have the soulstone major glyph which rezzes to 70% health druids can bring you up at full health as well in a 10 man situation it is nice to have a warlock to Soulstone your druid if he goes down seeing as he would be your main B-rezzer as for AOE i can keep up with almost anyone mid fight with soulburn seed of corruption.

Shadow and Flame is reason enough. Especially since every spec takes it and it is only shared with fire mages which have been rare this expac.