I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

1h/oh or 2h for shadow?..also wands..

Noob questions here...

I leveled with heirlooms which meant having the 2h +int staff for 80 levels and then a couple other two handers from 80 to 85. Is it better just to go with whatever gives you the best stats (int, haste, etc)?

Also when crawling up the dungeon ladder, what should I be looking for in a wand? Drops for wands while leveling were hideously low so I ended up trading them out only once every 10 levels or so.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Noob questions here...

Is it better just to go with whatever gives you the best stats (int, haste, etc)?

really?

/10

Please try to post constructively. - Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-10-24 at 08:23 PM.

They are just stat sticks. Go with whatever gives you more stats. MH and OH are usually better as you can enchant the OH.

Im not sure what you mean with your wand question.

Whichever you want. I prefer 1h/oh cause you get power torrent and +40 intel enchant to OH, but if I can't find anything better than my staff, so....

Also, for wands, get the valor one with spirit and mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by wrists View Post
    really?

/10
    Not a helpful reply. Please try and help people instead of pointless replies like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrists View Post
    really?

/10
    So non constructive... reported anyway..

OT - I usually prefer 1h + OH as you can indeed enchant both but tbh, I think the benefits with the stats are so marginal between 1h or 2h that its personal choice imo
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

10+ Year Old Account
    You can now buy a wand w/ valor, but may want to get Tier gear first.

If you have the gear to run ZG, Touch of Discord, drops from Mandokir, and a hit want drops from the Arch boss (if group is willing/can fight him)

Grim Batol has a spirit wand drop from second boss (been a while, might be third)

10+ Year Old Account
    also a dps wand from 2nd boss in BRD Heroic
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

No need to make replies about people making bad posts... Just click the report button and then act as if they hadn't posted.

@OP, in general when comparing equal ilvl staves and mh/oh combinations the mh/oh will come out ahead. Sometimes though a higher ilvl staff will be better. Just make sure you compare the staff to the stats on the mh and oh... often people make the mistake of comparing just the mh to the staff ><

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I know it is noobish (as I stated before) but when you go 80 levels without changing out much of your gear (and then another five where your gear gets switched out drastically you aren't exactly learning a lot about what is ideal. I've never played a caster in any game so I appreciate the advice.

High end the 1h and OH will be superior due to the OH also being able to be enchanted but the starter staffs in Firelands are pretty impressive. It all depends on your preferred gear set up on what stats you need boosting. If you need a huge boost for spirit/secondary stat then staves are probably the way to go. It's not too expensive to re-enchant with Power Torrent so don't think money is an issue with constantly changing weps.

Deleted
    staffs are on par when a staff has a gem slot and a one-hander has non.
    The Gem slot gives u 40 int (Red gem) perhaps a bonus by gemming for it.

Just an example as its also basicly the only example that can be given this tier.
    The staff thats rom Ragnaros is as good as MH/OH for several classes.
    When gemmed it has (ilvl384) 461 int vs 452 int ((ilvl384) Mace from ragnaros + Goblet of anger offhand (ilvl378 ad +40int enchant)) while the secondary stats are equal in value. This changes when u get a higher ilvl Offhand as that makes MH/OH superior again.

While the staff isnt the best example for a priest as its not super for shadow or holy but i would use it as disc if i see it drop and keep the mace/offhand for shadow/holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Ok, thanks for the replies. I know it is noobish (as I stated before) but when you go 80 levels without changing out much of your gear (and then another five where your gear gets switched out drastically you aren't exactly learning a lot about what is ideal. I've never played a caster in any game so I appreciate the advice.
    It's not at all 'noobish' considering you're asking for help about it, instead of just hiding away

Oh, and yeah, like the others said MH+OH is stronger than a Staff of the same iLvl.

On 85 you use MH+OH as Shadow. Use staff if Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    Whichever you want. I prefer 1h/oh cause you get power torrent and +40 intel enchant to OH, but if I can't find anything better than my staff, so....

Also, for wands, get the valor one with spirit and mastery.
    The wand with haste is better.

But I believe the poster is referring to leveling.
    Pretty much always going to be better to use whatever combination will give you the most int.
    I like to use an addon called Pawn and put in rough stat weights so you can quickly see with a mouse-over if something is an upgrade while leveling.

As others have said at 85 MH+OH will be better because of enchants. (also you can get same int but more haste)
    (except the legendary staff)

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Oh, and yeah, like the others said MH+OH is stronger than a Staff of the same iLvl.
    Kho'gun + Goblet (both normal, OR both heroic), goblet enchanted with 40 int
    vs
    Smoldering Censer:

Even with the enchant, AND the fact that Kho'gun is higher item level, the net benefit of equipping Kho'gun in terms of prime stats is only 4 intellect. Seems to me blizzard took out any variance between the two options, if ilvl were equal. Right now Kho'gun is better only because of spell power.

HOWEVER: H goblet is pretty easy to get, if you get this then the MH/OH combo (H goblet / norm Kho) is much better than norm Censer
    BUT H censer is significantly easier to get than H Kho, so if you happen on one of these grab it if you can. You'll be using it a long time.
    If you happen to get H Kho'gun, well, grats, you're BIS.