XBox Connection Help

I know that this isn't really a computer support forum, but i figured all the guys who read this are pretty smart and proposing this problem to all of you would maybe yield a solution.

So, i have an xbox with a VGA cable connected to my Viewsonic NX2232W 22-Inch 720p LCD HDTV, and for a time, it was good.

Then one day it wouldn't work, but, when i use the tv as a monitor, the vga input works, and the vga cable works on other tvs with VGA input.

I've reset the video settings on the xbox, booted it without a hardrive, blown in every orifice on it multiple times, to clear dust, and tried just about everything, this is driving me insane, so if you guys could find a solution, it'd be a live saver.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 09:13 PM ----------

Nobody has any input on this?

its def the xbox, so the xbox works on other tv's right?, it has to be the signal that your xbox is sending is unsupported by the tv, when did this start happening? was it after you used it with a different tv?

i noticed you said you reset the video settings, what did you reset them to? if res is on automatic i would set it to 720 or below, if its higher than that it could be your issue, can you hear sound for the xbox just not video? if not then it may be something else
    Last edited by Joerge; 2011-10-25 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    I've noticed quite alot of nice inputs on that screen. By chance is it not choosing the current in use input automaticly? you could try, if you havn't, cycle threw the screens inputs to make sure it is on VGA and not for example set on hdmi.. or DVI

I leave it set to D-Sub (The VGA input) when i'm trying to get it to detect the xbox. I also did the microsoft reset thing where you hold R and Y for like 10 secs, it resets the video to default. Not sure what it is for VGA cable. Yes i can hear audio when i boot the xbox.

I would just connect it to another tv and set the xbox's video on that one then hook it back up to yours, if the tv is not registering the signal its most likely too high, so set it to 720p or lower, because default might be auto, and that might be your problem.

Do you have a newer Xbox, cause you can just use your HDMI cable and hook that to your monitor. You just would have to get another cable to go send the sound from your monitor to your sound card.