Darkmoon Volcano in 4.3

So I'm a bit late in the game here but I'm wondering if its worth it to still have Volcano in 4.3. I have half my cards and wondering if I shouldn't just sell them. Shouldn't other trinkets far outweigh its usefulness by 4.3's item level difference?

You'd think so but no, it's still very viable outside of heroic rag depending on your spec. For me as demo chalice and dmc are best... afflic tends to roll with lightning capacitator and rune, destro probably lightning and dmc i'd think.

In 4.3 dungeons there is only one trinket for dps, it looks really average and has a crit proc. The horrific runes from dragon soul thankfully look to outweigh dmc by much.

Ther's Mirror is better than DMC:V if you know what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Ther's Mirror is better than DMC:V if you know what your doing.
    Not really true, because you can't use Theralion's Mirror effectively with Moonwell Chalice. And if you're using TM instead of MWC in the first place, your secondary would have to be DMC:V anyway (apart from H VPLC).

How big is the dps difference between DMC:V and normal VPLC for affliction?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Impurath View Post
    How big is the dps difference between DMC:V and normal VPLC for affliction?
    For me sims about 300-350 DPS higher (Rune+VPLC vs Rune+DMV:C)

15+ Year Old Account
    Atm DMC:V is competing with other trinkets, they are very close together. So my guess would be that the 4.3 trinkets will pull ahead (unless they are itemized very poorly).

Than again, the DMC is worth like 1500 gold (atleast on my server) so you might aswell make it untill you get the 4.3 trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the upcoming nerf to doomguards and buffs to our demonology characters, I have a hard time believing that DMC:V is going to be used since the int-supercharged doomguard snapshot is going to loose it's luster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozteck View Post
    With the upcoming nerf to doomguards and buffs to our demonology characters, I have a hard time believing that DMC:V is going to be used since the int-supercharged doomguard snapshot is going to loose it's luster.
    Ya but we'll still be stuck with mw:c I bet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Ya but we'll still be stuck with mw:c I bet
    fully agree.

Deleted
    Well for me ( affliction) dmc + vplc ( heroic or not) sims higher than zeth + dmc or zeth + vplc