Thread: EA - Origin

EA - Origin

This is just annoying me really bad now. I received a $20 discount with no expiration date for any game in the Origin store. I was going to order Madden 12 the other day and use that discount, well I tried to enter the discount code in both the redeem card and the and the promo code area multiple times. It didn't work at all. So I sent them an email, received a response moments later saying "You should expect a email responding to your question within 24 hours." I give it a day, still nothing. Give it two days and I still have not received an email from them on the third day. So I resend the email, and then I receive the exact same "You should expect a email responding to your question within 24 hours." So I just wait, another day and there still hasn't been an email.

So I try to log into their website to try to see if maybe I got something through my account that I didn't get in my email and it says my login info was incorrect. I did the "Send me my username" and it sent me three different user names. I tried all three even though I knew it was the first one. Didn't work. I used "Reset my password" and it sent me an email saying click here to reset your password. I chose a new password, and tried to login to their website. It still continued to say my info was wrong. I reset my password twice and had the username sent to me twice.

So here it is, Day 6 since the first email about my code. Day 3 since the second email about the discount, and Day 2 since I mailed them about my info being "wrong". All 3 emails have received 0 replies other than the "Expect an email within 24 hours".

Is Origin just a complete waste of time or am I just having bad luck?

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Deleted
    yep ... EA Accounts are pretty bad messed up ...

somehow the Xbox Live Gamertag of a friend ended up in my EA Account and for removing the false gamertag (so that my friend could link his gamertag to his own EA account) i had to talk constantly to the support team for about 3 weeks ... that was annoying!
    furthermore while talking to support we discovered that my birth date wasn't entered correctly in their system and they were sure that they have a credit card number from me ... though i never entered any bank details in a EA account ...

so ... in fact: yes ... EA is having a mess, really ... if you want something done you should contact the live support ... forgett writing emails.

Well I called, and was told that the do not offer the $20 discount anymore. But since I had received it before they stopped doing it he would give me two 20% discount codes that cannot be used on the same purchase. That is just straight BS to me, I'm pretty pissed about it. I miss the old EA, Origin is just a waste of time and a big hassle.

Origin.....needs to be shot 5 times In the head, body burned, chopped up and throw Into a bottomless pit Into hell.

On topic: Yes, Origin Is a complete waste of time. Unless your being forced to use the thing (BF3, SWTOR), then I wouldn't even download It.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2011-10-25 at 04:16 AM.

/agree, and i support this thread. been trying for a week now to cancel my pre-order of BF3 with no luck yet. i've been trying to do it through e-mails because i can't seem to find the number to call.
    ORIGIN = BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    /agree, and i support this thread. been trying for a week now to cancel my pre-order of BF3 with no luck yet. i've been trying to do it through e-mails because i can't seem to find the number to call.
    ORIGIN = BAD
    Origin is so invasive while I'm playing Battlefield 2 that I have to spend a whole three seconds launching the game. It's an outrage!

15+ Year Old Account
    ORIGIN = BAD
    Funny they post both their number, and you can talk with a live CM within 5 mins. So I call bullshit.

ORIGIN = BAD
    1-855-ORIGIN-1 (1-855-674-4461) This is the number that I had called, I believe that for BF3 was on there so check that out.

Although, I heard the exact same song about five and a half times. I was on hold for a good 20 minutes before someone got to me
    Last edited by Jomaty; 2011-10-25 at 05:22 AM.