RuneScape Bot Nuking!

Check out the homepage.

If you left because of bots, you might reconsider coming back. (Assuming this actually works).

If you want to bash RuneScape, this thread isn't for you!

Cheers!

When I played Runescape, I always was botting. The bot nuking won't stop botting, but It may scare people away.

So I'm assuming that several innocent players will be banned because they were accused of botting? This has witch hunt written all over It.

Deleted
    diggy diggy hole

<Infracted: Don't post nonsense spam, thanks>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-10-27 at 10:51 PM.

Pretty sure they did one of these a few years ago when I still played. Needless to say, the bots still stuck around. =( I don't blame them though, considering how mind-numbing it can be to farm anything in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I remember the days of runescape... all those lvl 3 bots with their green shirts, green pants, bald heads, and brown goatees takin' mah lobs!

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    When I played Runescape, I always was botting. The bot nuking won't stop botting, but It may scare people away.

So I'm assuming that several innocent players will be banned because they were accused of botting? This has witch hunt written all over It.
    Actually they made it so bots can no longer use reflections. They didn't do banning/resetting of any sort just made bots unable to run and get id's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    Check out the homepage.

If you left because of bots, you might reconsider coming back. (Assuming this actually works).

If you want to bash RuneScape, this thread isn't for you!

Cheers!
    I don't understand, how does extra slayer experience destroy bots? I don't understand how they plan to do this at all.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    I don't understand, how does extra slayer experience destroy bots? I don't understand how they plan to do this at all.
    ClusterFlutterer works against reflection bots, which are in fact close to all of the bots in the game. What "reflection" bots do is take the packets sent by the RuneScape server and decide what to do based on what information they receive; they "reflect" on the information they get. Now what ClusterFlutterer will do so take the packets, (clusters) and change around the way they are sent randomly, much like encrypting it. By doing this the bots will not be able to read the packets and therefore cannot operate.

An example is the way a bot can bot Frost Dragons. It knows where they are located from the packets the servers are sending your game client so it can tell when the orb is circling your way. Now with these encrypted packets they cannot tell when the orb is coming.

"Injection" is the way that reflection bots load. They inject "hooks" into the game, and retrieve the packets. These packets they receive will be encoded, rendering them useless.

The other 2% of the bots (yes 2%) are pixel color bots. These bots use the colors of the pixels on your screen and click on them then. This means you can make a bot that picks flax - by clicking on green pixels. But this makes it impossible to bank or enter your pin.

So yes, Jagex has found a permanent solution to botting, that is, until the bot coders decode the packets. And once that happens Jagex just encrypts them differently.

Yes, the solution to botting has been found.

^

Is a copy paste, not sure if it's true but that is what most people are saying.
    Last edited by mmoc553951e9bc; 2011-10-29 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    ClusterFlutterer works against reflection bots, which are in fact close to all of the bots in the game. What "reflection" bots do is take the packets sent by the RuneScape server and decide what to do based on what information they receive; they "reflect" on the information they get. Now what ClusterFlutterer will do so take the packets, (clusters) and change around the way they are sent randomly, much like encrypting it. By doing this the bots will not be able to read the packets and therefore cannot operate.

An example is the way a bot can bot Frost Dragons. It knows where they are located from the packets the servers are sending your game client so it can tell when the orb is circling your way. Now with these encrypted packets they cannot tell when the orb is coming.

"Injection" is the way that reflection bots load. They inject "hooks" into the game, and retrieve the packets. These packets they receive will be encoded, rendering them useless.

The other 2% of the bots (yes 2%) are pixel color bots. These bots use the colors of the pixels on your screen and click on them then. This means you can make a bot that picks flax - by clicking on green pixels. But this makes it impossible to bank or enter your pin.

So yes, Jagex has found a permanent solution to botting, that is, until the bot coders decode the packets. And once that happens Jagex just encrypts them differently.

Yes, the solution to botting has been found.

^

Is a copy paste, not sure if it's true but that is what most people are saying.
    So why are they giving away double exp this week?
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Hopefully this will fix a few things in Runescape. Runescape wasn't a horrible game, still isn't. But the bots certainly didn't help wanting to play.

With bots gone, maybe this will bring some people back?
    Quote Originally Posted by mewmew111 View Post
    Stop trying to make sense out of a game that mails you dragons.

When I read the announcement for the Bot Nuke I thought, oh wow now we can see just how many there were. When I was on a few weeks ago the number of players online was about 200k or so. Checked it out today and it's currently 102,068. I just can't believe there were that many, just incredible. And it's like what Cell said. If the bots figure out the encryption, Jagex just switches it up and poof they're back at square one. I really am happy that they fixed this as now it looks like I've found a reason to go back to the game that started me on MMOs.