What weapons will monks use?

What weapons will monks use? Fist weapons and staves? Will the fighting be different when using different weapons?

Fist weapons, staves, axes, swords, maces... I think that's it. They'll only use them for "finishing moves," otherwise fighting unarmed, so they say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polearms, Staves, Fist Weapons, and 1h Swords/Axes/Maces.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...pandaria/monk/

Thank God the Pandaren won't be making any kung fu noises. Perhaps, maybe just a grunt and groan. I'd settled for that because we do grunt and groan when we fight. Those stereotypical kung fu noises is probably too much of stereotype for Blizz to consider.

Deleted
    i saw a monk with a staff, they probably will use it just for healing, other than that, fists fists fists! and high kicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Pompa View Post
    i saw a monk with a staff, they probably will use it just for healing, other than that, fists fists fists! and high kicks!
    Monks will use their weapons for finishing moves. More specifically, they will use staves for tanking as well as healing, sharing agi staves with druids now that hunters no longer use melee weapons.

I hear the pandas can make very good secret ingredient soup.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bibles tied together, look kind of like bookie nunchucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Fist weapons, staves, axes, swords, maces... I think that's it. They'll only use them for "finishing moves," otherwise fighting unarmed, so they say.
    I thought I read/heard that as well. But I can't find any official announcement on it. I think that will be a pretty kick ass deal though

Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    I thought I read/heard that as well. But I can't find any official announcement on it. I think that will be a pretty kick ass deal though
    On the official Monk page on the official MoP site? :P As is linked right below my previous comment. "Monks are masters of bare-handed combat, choosing to draw their weapons only for devastating finishing moves."

I'm a little confused by the weapon choices. We know that if you're an Agi class when dual wield and 2H are both options, 2H > 2x1H. For a healer, I'm not sure if the same applies. We do know that Blizzard has indicated a healing off-hand because they do not want Monks to use shields. Maybe it'll break down as follows:

Tank - Has 2H specialization
    Primarily uses Agi staffs and polearms, can be used with finishing moves
    Can also use 1H Agi Sword/Axe/Mace, however not ideal and can not be used in finishing move; also no dual wield or offhand

DPS - Has Dual Wield specialization
    Primarily uses Fist weapons, can be used with finishing moves
    Can also use 1H Agi Sword/Axe/Mace, however not ideal and can not be used in finishing move

Healer
    Either 2H Int Staff or 1H Int Sword/Axe/Mace (obviously they'll want spirit when possible) + Offhand. Not sure if they're going to "force" the class one way or give the option of both.

I like the imagery of using weapons for finishing moves: grabbing the staff/polearm off the back or "drawing" the fist weapons off of your belt. I haven't seen many fist weapons in Cata but I'm hoping in MoP they'll have abandoned the ridiculous late-Wrath design of fist weapons larger than your body.

I have no clue what weapon loom to get. I really wish Blizzard would either add an Agi staff or convert the Agi mace to a staff.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.