Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Positive press comments

Reposting this from the official forums, credit goes to Ravenolf.

“there's a decent amount of exploration to be had, and thank the maker that the mobs aren't crammed in shoulder to shoulder, forcing you to fight every five seconds.”

“Immersion is actually quite good”

“The HUD is appropriately Star Warsy, and many of the UI staples that prevent you from losing yourself in a fantasy setting seem quite natural when the trappings tend toward sci-fi.”

“Visually, the game is a treat”

“I loved the world design and enjoyed the leveling gameplay”

“At the end of the day, TOR surpassed my expectations”

“I started to play the Smuggler class, I just could not stop.”

“I found the majority of characters to be interesting and surprisingly unpredictable at times.”

“it was a single continuing story that flowed together without an abrupt break.”

“I am not a crafter normally, but I will definitely be one at the launch of this game.”

“there's a lot of early-level content, ranging from quests and dungeons to exploration and politics.”

“Crafting introduces an interesting random element that makes it like an addictive slot-machine, and the dialogue and story sequences are pretty darn cool.”

“There's some neat group content in there too, both in the form of interesting boss encounters and story situations where one person's choice affects everyone's path.”

“Companions are a core element of The Old Republic. They're not simply pets that obey your bidding the way a Warlock's Imp would in World of Warcraft, and they're not just a body to spout dialogue during conversations or while you're slaying crime lords in the city-world of Coruscant to spice things up. The companions are a Swiss Army knife of sorts, capable of both of those things and much, much more.”

"The addition of story really spices up the formula, however. I certainly can’t stress that enough. If I never see another text box, it wouldn’t be too soon!"

"The Flashpoint was peppered with all manner of cinematic set pieces, especially the last boss fight, which was absolutely epic to say the least."

"I often found myself both surprised and impressed with the writing of the content"

"There is something seriously satisfying about pumping unrelenting high speed blaster bolts into some poor guy's chest and watching him convulse like Chunk doing the truffle-shuffle in The Goonies."

"the peripheral elements, narrative trappings, and subtle gameplay tweaks that make this game stand out. "

There is much more.

See for yourself:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...a-impressions/

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210147p1.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...7/feature/5716

http://www.1up.com/previews/star-war...ow-lightsabers
    Last edited by Ixator; 2011-10-26 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Links fixed

the goonies one had me loling. good stuff

The links in this thread are broken (copy - paste without the long address)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say i am noticing more and more positive reviews. It just makes the waiting that much harder. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    fixed the links

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    fixed the links
    Good stuff Ixator ..

<Chiss high-five> yep

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting covered by massively (specific details, dont read if u want to get spoiled..ish)

"Overall, however, SWTOR's crafting system is easy enough to jump into that -- in spite of the fact that I don't normally craft -- I look forward to crafting in this game."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...fting-preview/
    Last edited by Ixator; 2011-10-26 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Crafting covered by massively (specific details, dont read if u want to get spoiled..ish)

"Overall, however, SWTOR's crafting system is easy enough to jump into that -- in spite of the fact that I don't normally craft -- I look forward to crafting in this game."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...fting-preview/
    Thanks for the links

OT: Where is your Chiss .. I miss it :/

** I read it all way back when, even though I didn't participate a whole lot =:-) **

Please send PM the R rated Chiss doing stuff not for PG-13 .. I never got to see it BOO!

Cuz .. that is whats hot.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-10-26 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    U sure, it was very xxxxx rated stuff xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    the goonies one had me loling. good stuff
    same here, good too see a list of all the good things about the game. Would be interesting to play devils advocate, and list all the NEGATIVE comments, just to balance it out.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Shoot me a PM, I'll play devil's advocate for you.

There are a good number of things that need work, the thing is it looks like they are listening. We shall see in the new build.

The positives far far outweight the negatives and as I have said before. I expect this to be the biggest and best launch of an MMO to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its amusing how many of the comments are sideways at best, along the lines of "is actually quite good," surpassed my expectations," and "often found myself surprised and impressed." The press reaction I think is just now starting to catch up to the fans and our intensive knowledge of the game and gameplay.

Deleted
    I'd prefer this to be a general press comments thread, no need to wear blinders and only look for the good things people say.

Sounds cool. I wasn't supposed to play SWToR but the more I hear about it the more I want to try it out myself. ;P
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Shoot me a PM, I'll play devil's advocate for you.

There are a good number of things that need work, the thing is it looks like they are listening. We shall see in the new build.

The positives far far outweight the negatives and as I have said before. I expect this to be the biggest and best launch of an MMO to date.
    tbh that's all I need to hear for now I'll wait for the next build to drop (ETA? if that's allowed) and see what happens after.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the bad press Ive read seem pretty subjective, "I dont like this kind of mechanic therefore it sucks" also the some reviewers wave the WoW flag very easily making the review more of a WoW comparison editorial. The worst one I read was a finnish review stating the warzones are horrible. Never seen that in any other review so far... well he got lots of "wow kid qq coz no one shot pvp" comments :P

Probably be up in another week Gall.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Hammer provided a good amount of difficulty and while the story elements weren't as prominent here as they were in the Esseles, the ability to have a different experience based on which trade skills are present still made for an interesting dungeon run. The step-up in encounter complexity was also very promising, and I'm looking forward to playing future Flashpoints."

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210714p1.html
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

That review got me very interested. As long as Bioware can make it so that all the professions have some sort role in Flashpoints like this then it could work out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Watch your step... and the giant Asteroid Gun!'
    This review is 100% win.

reading the whole article, I've got to say I'm VERY impressed. One of the main gripes I'd heard from some people was that the dungeons were pretty boring, due to bosses being esentially tank n spanks, with the odd 'avoid the obvious fucking AoE' but reading that review it sounds like they're REALLY bamfed up the complexity of some of the fights, which is ALWAYS a good thing.

wtb beta plox...