Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up A PVP celebration..help us pump-up swtor PVP love!

Hey everyone, we put up a brand new video we worked hard on creating, to help 'hype' up PVP for SWTOR, we feel it needs more attention! Do you agree?

Instead of putting it up on our youtube channel (swtorextreme), the guild Dara Mactire have helped us out, by putting it on theirs to get it some more attention. We'd appreciate any support for both our video/s and PVP in swtor.

You'd be surprised but a lot of people still know very little about swtor, and it's PVP especially! Help spread the word...it's going to be AWESOME! Right?

I hope it gets you as excited about it as we are!
    Last edited by mmoc65cf7deac0; 2011-10-25 at 08:00 PM.

That was kind of underwhelming. :<

You must be working day and night on these things at the rate you push them out.

OT:

Bioware seems to be neglecting PvPers... 3 Warzones is good and all, you can add as many Warzones as you want, but without any built-in competitive play, there really is no point to it other than "fun", which is great, but it won't stop me from logging out and going back to SC2 to try and climb the ladders a bit more.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-25 at 08:27 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its not enough for you to be good at PvP, you have to have other people look at you while you PvP?

You know, for all the italics crammed into "famous", I've never heard of them. As excited as I am for SWToR PvP, I cba to follow anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    So its not enough for you to be good at PvP, you have to have other people look at you while you PvP?
    Sorry what? I don't get this comment, where did we say this or suggest this? As for dara, in terms of wow they are a large guild in the US who mainly focus in the PVP area, and had people like swifty...maybe you heard of him?

Vizzle, working hard yes

Coke, sad to hear you felt that way

Should have been Star Wars music. It's so much more epic. Shame you didn't mention anything about the SotA-like-Voidstar Warzone too, since I'm curious what changed since they said they redid the whole thing.

The jiggling text was a little over the top and what was said felt a little cheesy, but perhaps that works for your typical foam at the mouth teen PvPer. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, I have watched all your videos so far, they've been a great way to get my girlfriend up to speed with some things, I just wish you had done a PvP overview video instead of this.
    Last edited by Raeli; 2011-10-25 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Should have been Star Wars music. It's so much more epic. Shame you didn't mention anything about the SotA-like-Voidstar Warzone too, since I'm curious what changed since they said they redid the whole thing.
    I would of LOVED so much to do this, but unfortunately youtube are crazy over copyright issues where music is concerned. I'd need written permission from Lucas Arts to use Star Wars music. It might be possible if I get partnered with Machinima in the future though, but even them i'm not sure.

I wanted to include the Voidstar in this video but simply they haven't released enough info under the NDA as well as much high quality footage. Using 'cam' footage wouldn't of fitted well with the rest I think. But be sure I will do more in this PVP series to cover both that and other pvp stuff :P

I don't think he can without breaking the NDA; not the current version of Voidstar on the beta at least.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    God i cant wait to pvp in this game! And the music was awesome. Although being Australian i'll just HAVE to wait a shit load longer then EU or US players. Seeing as always, nothing gets released on time in Australia.

OT: 700th POST!

Deleted
    Was OK, but that music, my god, was the most awful thing i ever heard, if i couldn't mute it i wouldn't have watched it tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post
    Was OK, but that music, my god, was the most awful thing i ever heard, if i couldn't mute it i wouldn't have watched it tbh
    I realise the music might not be to everyones taste but I tried my best to sync it up nicely with the action and general video edits. Main issue is that there's little to no decent music that isn't copyrighted for use

I just wish you had done a PvP overview video instead of this.
    I hear you, the next video in the series will be a commentary instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swtorextreme View Post
    I realise the music might not be to everyones taste but I tried my best to sync it up nicely with the action and general video edits.
    Dint work out too well then did it.

I hear you, the next video in the series will be a commentary instead.
    Please dont. The last thing anyone wants to hear is a self obsessed 'reviewer' who thinks they know everything and anything about a yet to be released game. If we wanted to hear that, we'd listen to totalbiscuit.

As for that 'famous' guild... Theyre not famous at all. They had one semi decent player who was known to exploit in the game. Thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Dint work out too well then did it.

Please dont. The last thing anyone wants to hear is a self obsessed 'reviewer' who thinks they know everything and anything about a yet to be released game. If we wanted to hear that, we'd listen to totalbiscuit.
    Speak for yourself. Some of us happen to like the commentary that swtorextreme puts out. In no way is he self obsessed or claims to know everything. He compiles information and shapes it into a digestable format for the rest of us to enjoy.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

3 pvp zones does sound underwhelming. I wish they had brought more at launch :/ Maybe the world pvp will get me my jollies for a while
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

considering wow had none at launch i dont see why your complaining....SWTOR has at least 3 ''battlegrounds'' and a whole PvP planet

I loved vanilla WoWs pvp much more than the arenas. open world pvp, 1on1 and especially battlegrounds were great. I just love to be the commander giving orders to the team, coordinating movements and battles. I think I'll have much fun with it, remember, stuff like proper rewards/motivation and arenas and a competitive rating system are things easily added afterwards.

the only thing I really miss are really class defining abilities, like ice block, paladin bubble, whatever. but then again I dont know much about the classes. I just dont want everyone to have anything, that would make me sad. its also one of the reasons why I liked vanilla wow pvp best.

you now i never was all that into PvP in WoW, BUT DAMN the pvp in this game is AWSOME i love the need for teamwork, the tanks damage abilities and i just love it ALL man i cant wait to do my pvp thing in SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    considering wow had none at launch i dont see why your complaining....SWTOR has at least 3 ''battlegrounds'' and a whole PvP planet
    WoW didnt even had a PvP System at launch. the whole Rankstuff were patched in later, but still without BG's.

unfortunately, what wow had when it started is completely unimportant, swtor has to compare to wow now, and not to an mmo from 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    unfortunately, what wow had when it started is completely unimportant, swtor has to compare to wow now, and not to an mmo from 2005.
    This.

SW:TOR isn't competing with Vanilla. SW:TOR has to compete with Cataclysm, and Guild Wars 2. They better not screw the PvPers over with nothing competitive to do And no, I'm not asking for more BGs. Just a ladder, that's all.