Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Going afk in dungeons

Maybe it is not a new trend, but at least I haven't noticed it earlier.

For about a month now I have been playing on Outland-EU server, not sure which battlegroup is that but I am experiencing unexpected difficulties when doing random heroics and Hallow's end boss runs.
    Examples:

- HC ZG, group zones in, tank is in dps gear and dps spec and is refusing to tank, saying that "someone pls leave so that we can get a tank". Can't kick, cant progress in the dungeon, everyone leaves. Happened 4 times already, a dk/druid/pally dps joins as tank and is refusing to leave or tank.

- HC ZG again, different group, tank zones in, says "lol zg, I'm not going that", doesn't leave, just stands there afk till everyone leaves.

- Headless horseman, this one is the worse. I play a healer and yes, I know that even a cardboard assasin can tank that boss and even a kitty druid can heal it, but often the WHOLE group goes afk. When Hallow's end just started, we used to get one or two people going afk - putting a dot or two on the boss and then doing nothing for the rest of the time, or tanks, starting the even and not doing anything - its obvious that they arent stuck at the loading screen how they are claiming to be if they run to the pumpkin and start the event. Today me (disc priest) and a lvl 84 mage had to two man the boss, then got a snarky comment from the tank who was afk all the fight (just as other 2 dps players who were from the same guild) "lol nabs, took you long enough". Well yes, it takes quite a while to do it if you two man it with a healer and a lvl 84, at least as a disc I can do some dps. However, I am not as lucky on my holy paladin, tank started the event and went afk along with all 3 dps, leaving only me to fight the boss. As a holy paladin I cant really do that much dps -.-

Is it the same on other battlegroups? People joining dungeons only to go afk?

Deleted
    Happened when i level'ed my mage aswell. Someone would put on follow and go afk, couldn't kick him because he had been kicked before. Flawed system is flawed.

Deleted
    TS you playing on eu or us? Personally playing on eu-servers I've never came across such idiocy that you describe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbison View Post
    TS you playing on eu or us? Personally playing on eu-servers I've never came across such idiocy that you describe.
    Same here, EU. I've never seen anything like this

Deleted
    O.O...I really can't comment on this either I am really lucky or I'm just in a good battlegroup. I get some people that don't know what there doing, but atleast they try.

Deleted
    I never had as much bad luck with those as you. Did ZA and ZG only once so far (just so I have them off my head), but there was already one thickhead in ZA and one complete noob in ZG (I mean, besides me). But with Headless Horseman, it appears most people do something - at least the tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a single person go afk during the HH event at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    yes me neither, just bad luck i think.

as for other instances...i noticed that when playing on weekends the retard-quota (sorry for language, but seems fitting^^) i extremely larger than during other times of the week (reason is obvious).

10+ Year Old Account
    :/ guess its just me being unlucky if others dont have the same problem

sometims its 50/50 if i get 4 ppl with no brains and green gear. or 4 ppl with firelands normal+ gear.

but 99% if the time i enter za/zg is with full guild grp so we can rush it and be done in 10-15mins

havnt seen this yet but it really doesnt surprise me

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I've seen alot of afk'ing and the players come back miraculously in time for roll and if someone mention they were afk it's often met with "umad" or "problem?"

Deleted
    had 3 ppl refuse to fight HH, when tank died i got aggro and vanished then he aggroed the 3 idiots who refused to fight (bc tank was in green/blue gear and took alot of dmg). longest fight ever. On my pala tank the same day a rogue was semi afk in ZA caused us not to make timed going afk after almost every trashpull. Was pissed at him when we wiped at the last boss. wouldnt release so we all got to Dakara and kicked the rogue. got a hunter instead and 1-shotted the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post

we had the tank afk at start, so i just tanked it on rogue in pvp gear, the boss is rediculously easy you dont even need tank / healer :\

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually have the same thing happen to me. I'm on EU-Lightbringer. Though not as frequent as what you're describing but still it's often enough to be annoying.

Yesterday I had almost single dps the horseman. I did something like 18k and the other two dps where doing like 3-4k. Though one dps was 84, the other wasn't. Just slacking along.

Other times other people just don't dps at all or are just on follow.

Another time we had a Warrior tank in Grim Batol with only 1 (ONE!) tank item. The rest was dps gear and not like 359+, but still greens and even a shield with resi enchant. Couldn't kick him and he we wiped over and over again since the healer couldn't keep up the healing on tank. He just said "It's just a game.. get over it" and "Kick me if you don't like my tanking".

So annoying when people don't know their class or refused to be in the proper spec. The queue times have been drastically reduced in the last couple of months for dps, so don't see the reason whey people just don't queue up as dps instead of wastning 4 other peoples time like this.

The scenario of Tank leaving ZG og ZA when it starts is also very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    i enter za/zg is with full guild grp so we can rush it and be done in 10-15mins
    I would love to see you do ZA in 10 minutes. Video please.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

The worst that has happened to me during HH was when i activated the head instead the tank he went mental and left the group with 2 others.
    Had to try 2man it with mage and me as discpriest, but mage gave up and i had to wait 1min for new 4 guys to come in and finish the fight.
    Sometimes tanks leave in Zuls or other peoples leave, but i havent seen total afking yet.

Deleted
    Never met anyone going afk in a dungeon, but during holiday events I've met people putting one or two dots on the boss or just standing there auto attacking. Then again I don't use LFG that often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't experienced this personally.

I called up a DK who would DnD each trash pack and then AFK the rest of the fight. I asked him to use his axe. He said "why?". I said to do damage and help the team. To which he said "Point?". Some people are unbelieveable.

I don't have the problem with the kick timer per say. What I find hardest is stopping the entire group so we're out of combat for 1 minute and there not being an open loot roll. It are these things that stop me from kicking.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source