Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going Scoundrel Sawbones. I'm just not into pure dps and it makes sense for me. I also love the idea of getting a wookie companion. Bow and me will be together for a looong time.

I'd go trooper medic, but I am pretty sure I'll have a vanguard tank. (also going to have a guardian tank eventually, and for sure a shadow tank...tanking and healing are my obsessions)

Quote Originally Posted by Elyoric View Post
    Don't have beta so I haven't played, but after everything I've read and looked at I'm leaning towards BH (Merc/Bodyguard), which appears (to me at least) to be similar to Paladin/Disc Priest.

SI (Sorc/Corruption) is probably a close second; they seem to be similar to Druid in that they have hots and a in-combat rez.

IA (Operative/Medic) has some things to like, just not sure I'm a fan of the whole "cover" deal and launching robots at your friends to heal them.

Since my knowledge is somewhat limited, things will probably wind up differently than I imagine. The best bet is probably to play all three and decide from there, which I'll probably do eventually, but initially deciding (while not falling behind) might be the hard part.
    Imagine if they took some druid stuff and combined it with shaman stuff. then for another class, maybe some shaman stuff with paladin stuff. then for another, there's some priest combined with druid. All balanced out, with some new toys added in. That's probably what you'll end up looking at, I would think. They obviously know they can't just copy the classes from WoW, but there's only so many ways to heal. So some things will probably ending up feeling familiar, some will feel new, and some will feel like they've combined thigns with other things that haven't been combined before.

I'm going to play ALL the healer options and ALL the tanking options. :P
    I'm a little more inclined towards Force class healers, simply because wounds do not heal instantly automatically, no matter how much tech you've got. A ridiculous reason for a ridiculous process works better for suspense of disbelief than a somewhat realistic reason for something that's still ridiculous.
    'Magic dunnit' is better to explain something that's impossible than 'REALLY good tech, right?'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NyghtFox View Post
    I just hope questing isnt bad as a healer? Any opinions on that?
    It should be easier than most MMO's because you got a companion to do the damage for you. I also recall devs saying the damage from your companion will be much higher as a healer, to put your leveling speed on par with damage dealers.

I'll definitely play them all eventually because I love healing, but I'll be starting with a Sith Sorcerer which I just might level as a Lightning/Corruption hybrid, haven't really decided yet.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    It should be easier than most MMO's because you got a companion to do the damage for you. I also recall devs saying the damage from your companion will be much higher as a healer, to put your leveling speed on par with damage dealers.
    Thanks man! Im def going BH Bodygaurd first then!

Rock on fellow healers!

Deleted
    < Corruption Inquisitor

10+ Year Old Account
    I may roll 2 healers. (I have both a druid and a pally healer in WoW)

Jedi Consular Sage/Seer

Smuggler/Scoundrel/Sawbones: The wookiee is just too much to resist!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say that all in all it seems everyones going for different healers which will be nice. Will add spice to the game!