Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legendaries in MoP?

Given that Blizzard says the basis for most of the legendaries is whether or not the story can back it up, do anyone else think there's a good chance that we'll get a set of fists or a polearm as the next legendary weapon in MoP? (Stormstout's Spear anyone?)

prlly more rogue daggers why not

On a serious note, I'd put my money on a legendary Staff or Poley...one with AP-like-stats seeing as Monks are new and Blizz will probably tailor the game more towards them, meanwhile AP-stats-poley/staff would be beneficial to a handful of other class combinations.

probably nunchucks

Deleted
    One for hunters/Enhancement shamans or something? They haven't had anything for a while.

A legendary for the Monk class is probable, though who knows tbh. As such I'd expect to see either a legendary polearm, or a set of fist weapons. Not a staff, since we just had one (even though it was for casters, not physical DPS).

That said, the problem with tailoring a legendary to Monks is that all 3 specs use wildly different weapons. With Death Knights all 3 specs could use Shadowmourne (though you'd be crazy to give it to a Tank). Also, a set of fist weapons could be seen as too similar to the Rogue daggers incoming in 4.3. And I've already mentioned the problem with a staff.

So... who the hell knows, tbh. Maybe an agility Polearm, maybe not. Maybe something completely unexpected: that's what the Fangs of the Father were, after all. Blizzard can and will do whatever the hell they like with Legendaries, provided they make sense with the story they wish to tell.

Deleted
    Hunters will wield ranged weapon only so if it will be a staff or poley only druids and monks can use it.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 02:46 PM ----------

Hunters, Shamans and Monks will not be able to use the same weapons

monk-druid - polearm/staff
    druid-shaman - dagger
    monk-shaman - fist

in case of melee DPS of course
    Last edited by mmocc8b4c7db14; 2011-10-25 at 02:47 PM.

If it is a legendary polearm or staff (agi that is) I'm going to ragequit a thousand times before I settle down and accept the fact that they will never add a hunter/druid ish legendary again c:

On another note, now that they have started to add class only legendarys I can't wait for the next hunter bow ^-^

OT: Hope they add nunchucks like sad earlier C:

Speaking of, I'm very on and off with WoW, how often are legendaries added?

Always wanted a shield.
    Problem is though, we now haaave 5 tank classes?
    And 2 of them use shields :/

However, the devs said they do love the idea of a legendary shield.

Monk legendary will probably be saved for the last patch of the expansion like shadowmorne for DKs.
    Makes it too obvious if they release it straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by PhattWobblez View Post
    prlly more rogue daggers why not
    I like this idea.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    5.1 = Legendary Fists. (for monks)
    5.3 = Legendary Bow. (for huntards)

mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post
    If it is a legendary polearm or staff (agi that is) I'm going to ragequit a thousand times before I settle down and accept the fact that they will never add a hunter/druid ish legendary again c:

On another note, now that they have started to add class only legendarys I can't wait for the next hunter bow ^-^

.... Because druids can't use agi staffs/polearms :/ OH WAIT ya they can

Deleted
    A staff (for druids) that can be split up into two maces (for enha shamans).

Deleted
    For me getting a legendary is only a dream. Btw just the fact to have a class which is quite forced to use fists makes me glad. More fist weps on loot tables yeehaaa !

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    One for hunters/Enhancement shamans or something? They haven't had anything for a while.
    And they specifically said they don't care if it's a classes "turn".
    The story will most likely fit more for a polearm of agility staff for monks + druids.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Makamoka View Post

Bows will also be hunter ONLY.
    So even if it was a ranged weapon that wasn't hunter only, only hunters would be able to use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by zakary3888 View Post
    Given that Blizzard says the basis for most of the legendaries is whether or not the story can back it up, do anyone else think there's a good chance that we'll get a set of fists or a polearm as the next legendary weapon in MoP? (Stormstout's Spear anyone?)
    There will probably not ever be a polearm legendary tbh.
    It would do ridiculous things to bear tanking, and would make them way OP.
    Unless Blizz changes stats and whatnot again. LOL.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    Terenas' Crown!

Quote Originally Posted by Therdin View Post
    .... Because druids can't use agi staffs/polearms :/ OH WAIT ya they can
    Ahahaha, whoops, why did I say druid?.. Not used to the fact that hunters wont share weapons with any other class anymore in MoP I guess =P

What I meant was that I will settle down with the fact that they wont add another hunter legendary ever again C:

Deleted
    Wouldnt surprise me if it was a legendary bow / gun / xbow for hunters, but as a warrior tank i like to think it would be something tanky. Been a while since we had one However if tanks dont get something, i would like to see something for enha shamans. I dont play one, never have, but you guys really pulled the short end of the stick and its time for something awesome to come your way