Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Ah but there's the rub. Does, for example, mountainous terrain with only one viable pass take away from the open world? That's (mostly) how GW1 presented portals, and it's likely they will do the same in GW2.
    Can we climb over the mountains into a different zone? Can we swim across a body of water into another zone(seeing as we have the new asura breathing apparatus shouldn't be a problem). The game has portals between tiny hills that you can almost look over, but you cant walk over because you have to walk 4 feet to the right and walk through the shiny portal. If it wasn't for the shiny portal there would be an invisible wall stopping you because GW2 is persistent and not open.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 11:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Wow does that in most zones, yet you consider that "open world".
    To a point WoW is an open world imo, not fully open, but open.
    Most zones that herd you to a certain point can easily be bypassed by either climbing, swimming or flying.

Please don't think I am saying this in a negative way, I am just expressing what I think it is and has little to do with how I rate the game.
    Last edited by Fernling306; 2011-10-25 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thnx alot for all your replies.....

The nonseamless world aspect is a bit of a put off but oh well everyhting else about gw2 looks fantastic.

Seems gw1 isnt really something i want to play if it doesnt have similiar feel as gw2, but as a previous poster said if it feels like wow then im fine with that. Ill pass my time with mechwarrior 4 mercs on mektek.net blowing stuff up so i build up a craving for a fantasy setting

I'm not sure if this has already been said, but there's a good chance things in the distance won't render (like in WoW), but will instead appear as high qualilty "concept art", and the transition between the art and the actual world are smooth. Disclaimer: None of this has been confirmed, nor directly stated. Do not quote this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koshun yea i heard about things rendering in the distance as concept art.... I think its an awesome idea if they can pull it off for example render distance of of WOW + have the background be a combination of sky/concept art for city etc.....would be phenominal.