Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    How are others possibly wronged by getting an easy run? He's not an impatient bitch, he's going at the speed his gear level allows and carrying stubborn people who refuse to help and don't appreciate that the dungeon finder gave them a free pass.
    some people dont find the free pass fun they queued the dungeon to actually play, some people actually dont wanna just be carried and gave free loot... SOME people actually like to work for their xp/gear/points.


    i agree if he wanted to just prove he could solo it or w/e he shoulda just went there and did it instead of queueing, if he is gonna queue tho than play your role.

  2. #462
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoneum View Post

    I would be surprised if nothing to the effect of 'OMG PLZ STOP TANKING!' was said before they quit healing him.
    Perhaps, but you're making an assumption here. Just as much as I have had to make assumptions as we don't know the full story. I've had groups kick people without ever saying a word in group chat to that person.

  3. #463
    Warchief marthsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Iglooland, eh?
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    some people dont find the free pass fun they queued the dungeon to actually play, some people actually dont wanna just be carried and gave free loot... SOME people actually like to work for their xp/gear/points.
    Don't even bother explaining. This point gets conveniently ignored, and they come back when said point is completely forgotten.

  4. #464
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Let's recap:

    - OP pulls and actually ends up tanking successfully UK.
    - However, OP did not ask if it was okay, therefore not being considerate
    - OP wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP he's not tank
    - OP begs to differ based on number crunching
    - I tell and prove he's not considerate in general by an analogy with law, upon which he totally took the bait
    - OP still wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP it's a matter of convention and consideration for others
    - OP doesn't care


    Well, you may disagree with said convension, and think that consideration is not within your fancies, but no matter how you try to argue your point, the reality remains that you'll get that everytime you pull what you pulled off in the exact same fashion.

    Whether or not you'll pursue such behaviour is really up to you, and has no repercusions on us. However, now you know our opinion, and your take on this as to whether or not our opinion is valid holds no value, really.

    Why?

    Well, while points of view are subjective, and while you're that strongly attached to your own point of view, reality is not subjective. And the reality is that you'll end up most of the time with that result due to your lack of consideration. It doesn't matter if we consider you to be wrong, or if you consider yourself to be right. Neither will change a thing at the end of the day.

    What matters is reality.
    This recap was pretty good. I don`t see the OP trying to address the communication/attitude issue anywhere; it seems only "but I did it without healer, so I`m obviously right" is coming through, in different phrasings. I don`t see the discussion going anywhere further, tbh.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Was just commenting what you came of as on first sight. I tend to do that. Can take it as good as I give it, no worries.

    Now, I did not mean to imply that it had to be necessarily slow. This, of course, is pretty subjective. Sure, one can learn from their shortcomings, whether it comes from not being able to keep up with the group, dropping aggro due to lack of understanding of tanking mechanics, or pulling the wrong mob. However, I like to think that the effort is collective. If you end up slowing the group considerably, then sure, review how you play because you need that.

    What I'm saying is that aggro management is a street that goes both ways, and anyone disagreeing with this should seriously evaluate their own views on the game.

    Notwithstanding all of that, the case at hand is quite different, and we only know OP's side. Who knows if there are details left out, or bent out of shape. Wouldn't surprise me, judging from the character he exhibits in his responses, but that's just my opinion, however informed (or uninformed) it is.
    Yes certainly goes both ways. In my experience (and why I didn't feel the need to ask OP for more info) when I pull aggro accidentally through DPS or accidentally pull more mobs with a bad position, I get jumped on and chewed out. There is no ramp up from tank or healer, no request to be more careful- just instantaneous nerd rage. So my intent, whether accidental or on purpose is irrelevant to the reaction I get.

    And looking over many of the responses of people who pass into this thread it is much the same, immediate accusal and chewing out.

    So, imo, the problem is not people knowing how to play correctly, its just bad attitudes the second you set foot in the instance and anything after that is irrelevant to the reactions that happen.

    On the other side when I am in groups dpsing and I pull aggro by accident and the tank just deals with it, are usually the same groups I can just dps like a machine, pull whatever I want extra etc etc and there is no drama at all. I rarely DPS, but when I do those are my 2 experiences with not much of a gray area in between.

  6. #466
    gotta love the way you emphasize you're a tank - as if you have some god given right to control the group exactly as you see fit.
    Aren't you in fact assuming control of the group yourself by continuing to pull despite the protests of the rest of your group?

  7. #467
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Don't even bother explaining. This point gets conveniently ignored, and they come back when said point is completely forgotten.
    No, I concur with this point. What I want to know is, did the other group members communicate something to Twirls about slowing down so they can enjoy the dungeon?

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 06:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    This recap was pretty good. I don`t see the OP trying to address the communication/attitude issue anywhere; it seems only "but I did it without healer, so I`m obviously right" is coming through, in different phrasings. I don`t see the discussion going anywhere further, tbh.
    Yes but communication goes both ways. I'd ask the OP to clarify a bit and state if he was asked to slow down at all...

  8. #468
    The tank pulls. End of story, stop being a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks
    the way he explains it makes it sound like he was pulling the mobs, not the tanks, so i'll go with that

    Signature by Kenz

  10. #470
    Tanks and their egos. So fragile, so unable to adapt. Those difficult low level dungeons where DPS routinely pulls off the tank if they are any good, and the poor, poor tank gets his little feelings hurt. I can't even count how many tanks drop group because they can't hold aggro or can't move fast enough to keep up with the DPS, so I ask the healer if we can keep pulling, they always say go ahead, and we carry on with out the tank. Big deal.

    Stop with all the "I queued as a tank so I wanna be the main guy who pulls everything and controls the pace and dictates the entire run." You just sound petty. If this scenario happens to you and you are the tank, pick it up! Accept the challenge and step up YOUR game. Instead I see a bunch of petulant whiners who can't handle the fact that someone wants to maintain a faster pace or who recognizes that low level dungeons are NOT tuned properly other than to be fast so people can level out of them. Practice being a good tank in 80+ dungeons (and more specifically level 85 and heroics) and until then, just enjoy the zergfest.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

  11. #471
    High Overlord Nedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    105
    If you kept doing it I'd vote to kick you too. Your not doing it right, and if you want that role then you should have been a tank.

  12. #472
    High Overlord Queen0fCups's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    gotta love the way you emphasize you're a tank - as if you have some god given right to control the group exactly as you see fit.
    Thaaaat would be what tanks are there for, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Imagine if SWTOR had an Endor's moon themed expansion where the Ewoks played a huge role. I could just see it now, the reactions... "This game sucks! Ewoks are stupid!" "I hate these retarded Ewoks! They have no basis in lore!" "I'm quitting because of Ewoks!"

  13. #473
    Brewmaster Bassch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,303
    You'll know once you tank.

    Tanks do the Tank's job, and the DPS do the DPS' job.

  14. #474
    Moderator Wilderness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Let's recap:

    - OP pulls and actually ends up tanking successfully UK.
    - However, OP did not ask if it was okay, therefore not being considerate
    - OP wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP he's not tank
    - OP begs to differ based on number crunching
    - I tell and prove he's not considerate in general by an analogy with law, upon which he totally took the bait
    - OP still wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP it's a matter of convention and consideration for others
    - OP doesn't care
    I probably should have read through more of this thread before responding before and just locked it then. Its nothing but a continuous circle which the quoted post pretty accurately describes and 20 more pages isn't going to change that.
    Raids & Dungeons Mod | <Despotism> 14/14H (10-man); 14/14H (25-man); 2 Days/Week US-Greymane <> Recruiting for Mythic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •