Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Once you tank and realise how annoying it is when dps try to do your job by pulling or anything. Either way regardless of how slow they are, people who do what you were doing are generally dicks from the tanks eyes. I don't tank but i feel the same tbh.
    This. Oh so much this.

I've been leveling my 2nd Druid recently (halfway through 84, Primarily Bear with Kitty off-spec) & dps pulling mobs instead of me annoys the HELL out of me. same with my Prot Pally, & I know I'm not alone.

If the tank asks for you to tricks & pull then by all means. but remember OP. You are NOT the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ttudboz View Post
    when tanking that is the most annoying thing EVER.

if I'm healing and a dps does that I won't heal him, or rez him
    Except how he said that he managed to get through most of the instance with only 1 other DPS since the tank and healer bitched out. Even without them he managed to clear it, so I ask, why is that a bad thing? Everyone else in the group got free exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I would have warned you at the start to not do that, then kicked you if you didn't listen. Its not your job to pull. Its up to the tank because the tank is the one who has to manage/control the mobs. You trying to do it for him is basically saying HERE TANK THIS SH*T TOO which is just as obnoxious as it sounds.

If you have a problem with the pace of a dungeon, speak up in a non-idiotic way. But trying to pull is only going to make you look like an ass, and in a lot of cases like this one, get you kicked.
    Not really. He wasn't pulling them TO the tank. He was tanking them himself. And handling it very well, even without a healer.

I'm surprised you weren't removed long before the last boss to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Except how he said that he managed to get through most of the instance with only 1 other DPS since the tank and healer bitched out. Even without them he managed to clear it, so I ask, why is that a bad thing? Everyone else in the group got free exp.

Not really. He wasn't pulling them TO the tank. He was tanking them himself. And handling it very well, even without a healer.
    I could solo WotLK heroics by the end of the expansion, but that didn't mean I didn't care about others. If the rogue likes tanking, he should reroll, otherwise don't be a impatient bitch, never pull if you aren't the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I could solo WotLK heroics by the end of the expansion, but that didn't mean I didn't care about others. If the rogue likes tanking, he should reroll, otherwise don't be a impatient bitch, never pull if you aren't the tank.
    How are others possibly wronged by getting an easy run? He's not an impatient bitch, he's going at the speed his gear level allows and carrying stubborn people who refuse to help and don't appreciate that the dungeon finder gave them a free pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    What the hell is with this "only the tank can ever pull" bullshit. Please give me any logical reason why this should always be the case and I'll gladly stop pulling.

my philosophy is if you pull, you tank. i won't pull off of you and it's up to the healer to heal you.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are not the tank when playing a Rogue. You were annoying for the tank and the healer who probably did alot to prevent you from dieing, so you got kicked. I understand them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    So I'm a level 78 rogue with full heirlooms / cata greens which gives me 30k hp.

The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from because I kept pulling the mobs, after the first 2 packs the healer and tank both stopping doing anything hoping I would die, one of the dps was the tanks friend so it was just me and a lock clearing everything including bosses.

running to the last boss I sudenly get kicked...

So they basically do nothing the entire instance and I'm the one who gets no rewards?

Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me
    You're riding the bus. There's a driver driving it, but you keep grabbing the wheel and taking the bus down different streets and to places that aren't where the bus is supposed to go. When you finally stop the bus, the driver kicks you off the bus. Why did he do that?

Because driving the bus isn't your job.

Get it now?
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

"Oh no, someone is making the instance faster and easier, how dare he?!"

The only reason we have "the tank pulls" drilled into our heads is because that's the system that makes the most sense if everyone's at the same gear level. The run is easiest, assuming everyone's at the same power level, when the tank is the one absorbing the blows, the DPS is killing, and the healer is keeping everyone alive. When that changes, however, and it makes more sense for a DPS to be pulling because they have greater survivability in addition to greater damage output, it makes no sense to force him to hold back just because it's "not right". Because it IS right. It's the most logical setup in that specific scenario.
    This.

A level 78 cata-geared rogue can tank significantly better than a level 78 normal tank. It's illogical to operate otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks
    No, if you read his message, he was impatient and just going and pulling groups without the tank and then got butt-hurt when the tank refused to jump in pull everything off him. Tanking is all about controlling the encounter. If you're going too slow, taking too much damage, then you are not in control of the encounter and a poor tank. When a DPS is running around grabbing mobs before you're ready to pull you are definitely not in control of the encounter... and the easiest way to remedy that is kicking the impatient D-Bag DPS. :-P

simply put if you're extremely well geared like you said you are then just expect that you will be pulling off the tank constantly. with that in mind you can choose whether to run the dungeon with many hassles and bitching or continue leveling on your own. in the end the latter is probably faster

Quote Originally Posted by BMBLB View Post
    my philosophy is if you pull, you tank. i won't pull off of you and it's up to the healer to heal you.
    This is a good philosophy. It's one the OP did, in fact, abide by. He pulled it, he tanked it, he healed himself, nobody died, the run was easy. Yet for some reason everyone blew up in fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzan View Post
    You are not the tank when playing a Rogue. You were annoying for the tank and the healer who probably did alot to prevent you from dieing, so you got kicked. I understand them completely.
    Clearly not, since he continued to clear the instance without an issue while the tank and healer whined and refused to do anything.

Keep on going. I hate tanks who has the "you pull you tank" mentality. The tank is supposed to tank everything, no matter who pulls it, and if he just makes sure to keep pulling all the time there won't be a need for DPSers to pull anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Talking about max level makes no sense in this thread. We're talking about someone who is BETTER SUITED TO TAKE AGGRO THAN THE TANK. This guy has full heirlooms, he's probably smart enough to not act like this in a level 85 instance. But this isn't endgame. It's a leveling instance wherein he's actually a better tank than the designated tank.
    Why makes it no sense to mention max level in this thread when this kind of behaviour clearly persists? It's like teaching your kids the basics to get through life and hopefully you mold them into perfect little human beings with a somewhat good knownledge about all aspects in life. Why can't this work in wow? all the youngsters/elitists on their alts trying to show off, need to be taught.
    Last edited by Poinen; 2011-10-25 at 04:14 PM.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Don't be a jackass, let the tank control pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    or get some friends. have one mark themselves tank. and like 4 dps 1 heal it or something. that's how we used to do wrath heroics twords the end of the expansion.

he's probably smart enough to not act like this in a level 85 instance.
    Says you.

I've seen countless of these "oh its only a low level dungeon it doesn't matter" evolve into "oh its farm content and we outgear this shit vastly, bliz needs to implement more dungeons that are harder. why can't they just give us our vp straight up instead of wasting our 20mins doing this outdated shit" at max level.

And retards that like to pull for the tanks end up making the runs longer. They pull and expect the tank to pick it up. If the tank doesn't, they just FD/vanish and every mob mows down the healer for healing before the tank has any time get aggro on 5mobs with 0 rage.
    Last edited by knumskul; 2011-10-25 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    if your not the tank dont pull its that simple - if you do you might get booted - the healer and dps will always side with the tank because if he leaves they have to wait 30mins