Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tanks getting mad cause I pull everything?

So I'm a level 78 rogue with full heirlooms / cata greens which gives me 30k hp.

The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from because I kept pulling the mobs, after the first 2 packs the healer and tank both stopping doing anything hoping I would die, one of the dps was the tanks friend so it was just me and a lock clearing everything including bosses.

running to the last boss I sudenly get kicked...

So they basically do nothing the entire instance and I'm the one who gets no rewards?

Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me

Because your not the tank. If the tank is going slow you can ask him to go faster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once you tank and realise how annoying it is when dps try to do your job by pulling or anything. Either way regardless of how slow they are, people who do what you were doing are generally dicks from the tanks eyes. I don't tank but i feel the same tbh.

I hate when people do that when i tank.... have to do xtra work to grab the mobs instead of when we pull we get the initial threat! If you are so keen on making the pulls, you are playing the wrong class. Respec to a Warrior, Deathknight, Paladin or Druid.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

When I was leveling my tank, I was okay with cata geared people pulling off me in wrath dungeons. I was not okay with them pulling for me, really don't know why. But when i queue up as a tank, i expect to be able to tank (or at least sorta tank)

Deleted
    its annoying when you're a tank and someone else keeps pulling, i dont mind sometimes as long as they are MDing / tricksing the mobs onto me, but when people ninja pull and then expect me to pull the mobs off them they got another thing coming. ill let that person die then pick up the mobs.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 04:33 PM ----------

lucky my tank is a nelf druid, and if someone keeps pulling when i say stop and its a hunter / rog mding the mobs onto me, i just shadowmeld after they done it, and watch the aggro drop and the mobs turn to them.

I've tanked for cata geared people: I swap specs and just dps if people do things like this. It's so much faster just to let a 50k hp dps tank than my 15k hp tank.

I dont mind people pulling when I tank on my druid, if they die while doing so they only got themself to blame, not tanking/healing for the entire dungeon is a dick move much more so then pulling as a dps
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    So I'm a level 78 rogue with full heirlooms / cata greens which gives me 30k hp.

The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from because I kept pulling the mobs, after the first 2 packs the healer and tank both stopping doing anything hoping I would die, one of the dps was the tanks friend so it was just me and a lock clearing everything including bosses.

So they basically do nothing the entire instance and I'm the one who gets no rewards?

Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me
    The bolded parts are why you got kicked. If you want to pull, roll a tank. Otherwise let the tank do his job.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping you are trolling in creating this thread.

Tanks pull, as simple as that. Just because your impatient, doesn't mean everyone else have to put up with you.

Personally I pull at the kind of rate which makes it hard for DPS to pull for me... but if you went ahead and pulled regardless... depending on my mood I'd kick you.

Of course there are times I don't mind someone pulling as it's easy to gain back agro... but don't just assume you can.

TL: DR Your a bit of an idiot.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not the tank. Learn your role in the group or fail to complete one. You can alt tab to facebook or something if he's going too slow.

People tend to think that normal grouping conventions matter when sometimes they don't. Once you hit level 77, the dynamic changes. The cata greens are, at worst, 100-plus ilevels better than the normally acquired gear. I remember leveling my newest mage and non-cata geared tanks not being able to handle more than two arcane blasts threat-wise. Some one would get angry, but they should realize the dungeon will go faster if they just don't worry about threat in those circumstances and let the cata-geared character just do his stuff.

I was leveling a druid, and at level 79 he was rocking 50k+ HP, 63 or so percent dodge and a similar crit percentage in bear form. I got kicked because the healer was upset I pulled when he didn't have mana. Well, with those stats, I didn't really need a healer, so he can drink while I solo a few packs. People just like their boxes and their rules and don't like to think. Just because the game works one way at 85 doesn't mean it does at an incredibly imbalanced level bracket.

im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks

In addition to what the others have said, why would you continue to do something which has resulted in a negative outcome (i.e. getting kicked)? This follows no logic whatsoever.
    -Many thanks to Cocoacross for this amazing signature!-

At lower levels, honestly, I don't know why it matters.
    Low level dungeons are an absolute joke.

However, at max level, I would kick you the instant you pulled the second pack.
    First one could be a mistake, but if you're either bad enough to pull a second on accident, or do it on purpose? Buh bye.

As a healer I can't tell you how annoying it is to have to heal everyone rather than just the tank. I already never do randoms as is.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healer was probably out of mana and you kept pulling, whilst the tank was doing his job and waiting. Even if this wasn't the case, it's seen to be rude and obnoxious that you won't let the person have their fun and tank in their own style. It's like some random telling you how to dps, they just seem obnoxious.

Deleted
    If you want to do it like that it'd be best to establish at some point that you can tank the dungeon quicker or more effectively than the original tank, instead of just plowing in, it's a real pain when dps do that and a lot of the time they can't survive either, but if they can and their damage beats my threat I wouldn't be opposed to taking a step back and letting them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post

If you can solo the dungeons why bother using LFD? Just run to the instances and solo them.
    In reality I doubt this was the case, they probably got tired of dealing with you almost killing the whole group due to being impatient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks
    In your signature you insult someone for a typo on "read", and we have the sticks up our butts?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

All tho i am lvl85 on my both tanks on my dk i didn't bother to much coz either the dps that pulled died or i would get a head on threat and do my job anyhow! On my warrior its another story getting rage starved is a pain in the but and i generally get very annoyed on my warrior if someone is constantly pulling/over-agro on purpose..
    Ask the tank next time if he wont mind you doing it