Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks
    Then i guess he should have explained it a lil bit better... and no, we don't have a stick up our butt... it is in fact most dps that got their head up their ass.

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

I agree, I hate when people pull for me, and I am not slow. I don't pull when the healer is below 30% mana sometimes less depending on the healer, and if the healer is sitting drinking then I will wait till about 90% to pull. That is the only time I wait to pull anything, otherwise as long as healer mana is good I chain pull, and I still get people pulling for me. Or I get the arcane mage who never starts on my target, every single pull. I warn them once if they are going to open up on a mob, do it on my target. They continue on different targets I let them die. Most of the time they learn or leave, both being better for me and the healer.

its safe to assume that the tank was not lv78 or if he was he didnt go and buy cata gear. ok its a shit situation for the tank, there is probably no way he can generate as much threat as you can.

where i would say you went wrong is that you didnt come to an agreement. if you were to have asked the tank, "look im rediculously overgeared for this, do you mind if i just hold the agro and we just fly through this place quick" the reaction would be different im sure. if not, the tank is stupid for not realising what the situation is

it is a gigantic pain in the ass trying to tank when someone (or sometimes everyone) just pulls whatever they want (as you can see in the replies), for the tank and equally for the healer that now has multiple targets taking damage. and since you didnt have an agreement to him it seemed like youre just being an asshole making his job harder, so he gave you a "fk u, here is my revenge".

yup, its just communication.

So many stupid people in this thread.

This rogue had gear, a health pool, and a DPS output that vastly outstripped ANYTHING this instance is designed for. He was doing these people a favor by speeding up the run. Everyone still got their exp, everyone still got their loot. They shouldn't be crying over a lightning-fast exp boost because "herpa dorp da warrior shud b gettin' hit".

Deleted
    the only way i would be okay with this kind of behavoir on my tank if you were using tricks of the trade too redirect them on me.
    thats fine as long you dnt pull stuff while we're not ready.

you however made no noticion of using ToT, and i probally would have done the same as the tank in that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me
    When I play a tank, such "heroes" always annoy me and get kicked. You're acting like "I'm so cool that I don't need you". What tank would like to feel obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    This rogue had gear, a health pool, and a DPS output that vastly outstripped ANYTHING this instance is designed for. He was doing these people a favor by speeding up the run. Everyone still got their exp, everyone still got their loot. They shouldn't be crying over a lightning-fast exp boost because "herpa dorp da warrior shud b gettin' hit".
    You know, some people like to play the game, and not just get loot and exp. And here this rogue basically says "Move away son, I'll do it better then you".
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-10-25 at 03:50 PM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

The responses in here are pretty sad. leveling dungeons are jokes and taking them seriously is only going to give you gray hair. OP didn't say he was expecting the tank to pull off him or that he was expecting the tank to save him. He was killing mobs on his own, without dying or causing a wipe making the instance go faster. Why this is a problem for ANYONE is beyond me.

He even explained that the tank healer, and dps buddy stopped everything and he and the warlock continued to clear the place. The only instances this described behavior will lead to trouble is max level dungeons where they are tuned to need tanking/CC/etc.

People acting like elitist douche bags in random 5mans while leveling need to pull their heads out of the sand and take in a few breaths of reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow down on dps >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    i experience this almost every time i do any dungeon on my tankadin. and on my restro druid. the druid because if the tank can't grab up the mobs that XYZ are pulling, then i have to waste mana/let XYZ die. had a real bad one last night on my restro druid. tank was a warrior i think and the mage would pull almost all the mobs in the area. needless to say that he was close to death quite a few times. i wanted to scream "let the tank, tank u jackass!" but i held my breathe, or should i say held my keyboard, and just shoved through it. i realize mages have pretty awesome dps (especially arcanes) but when the tank is close to where i am and i start seeing arcane missels flying at mobs, i tend to want to bang my head on my keyboard.

now, on my paladin, its not quite as bad since i can usually scoop up mobs with little or no trouble. but i still see random party members going to the mobs before me at times. and if im not pulling, im usually waiting for my AS to come off CD. but, lots of ppl just want to rush around and don't give a shit if the tank can grab the mobs or if the healer can be healing 2 ppl for the same amounts 24/7. both my druid and paladin are in outlands atm, so i can understand the desire to gtfo of there, but still...just cause u have heirlooms or have leet deeps doesn't make them invincible.
    Last edited by randomone05; 2011-10-25 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    So many stupid people in this thread.

And? So what? Tank pulls. Period. It doesn't matter if it speeds up the instance or not. He gets kicked, he'll always get kicked if he does that, by just about anyone. He is there to do dps without pulling aggro, let him do his job and the instance becomes funnier for everyone (maybe except him, but if he just cares about himself, then who cares about him?).

To the OP, I'd kick you as soon as you did it the 2nd time. I do not want the likes of you in my groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    In your signature you insult someone for a typo on "read", and we have the sticks up our butts?
    your avatar is waiting for the stick

Deleted
    Before you start playing in an MMO with other people, make sure you understand the fundamentals of interacting with other human beings.

I know this may come as a shocker to many, but if you want to do stuff with others, you have to understand the basics of how to COOPERATE with others. Like, follow the rules everyone else follows (tank pulls, that is his job, dps kills but do not tank etc) and which exist for a reason.

If you act like an associal retard who don't know even the very most fundamental (like, tank pulls, not the rogue), you have to understand you will get kicked most of the time. Learn how to cooperate in a group environment and you will be rewarded.

Deleted
    You pull it, you tank it. As long as whoever is pulling mobs can handle it, I don't see anything wrong with this.

It's simply a matter of respecting your peers. The job of pulling is the Tank's. Nobody elses. If you run ahead and pull, you are sending the implicit message that you think they cannot do their job properly and that you need to do it for them. Nobody likes to hear or think that, even if it may be true.

If you think the Tank should go faster, ask politely if they can do it. 'Would you mind pulling faster please? The Healer's mana should be able to take it.' is a good way to ask. Definitely do not say 'gogogo' or anything along those lines, that just makes it worse.

Generally speaking, if the Tank is pulling slowly they have a reason for it; either they are new to the job or have been distracted by something. If they're new then you're scaring them away from Tanking and lengthening your own queue times, thus meaning you have to wait even longer overall (and I assume you care about speed, since you're running ahead and pulling stuff in an attempt to make the run quicker). And if they've been distracted by something, they won't be able to pull the mobs off of you and save your life. Which means more repair bills for you, and I can't imagine that's a particularly good thing either.

It's in your best interests to show respect to your fellow players. If you respect the Tank, then more Tanks will join the LFD queue. Your queue times will shorten and everyone goes home happier at the end of the day.

I can imagine that people may reply to this, thinking 'lolol Tanks aren't gods don't treat them as such, they're rude to us so we'll be rude to them'. That's not what I wish for. I don't want you to treat a Tank like a god, just that you treat them with respect. I would expect the Tank to do the same for the Healer and the DPS as well. If you encounter a rude Tank who thinks he is god's gift to WoW, then feel free to votekick and be done with it. I'd probably help initiate the kick.

In short... Just try treating each other with respect and common decency, guys. So many problems in WoW would be solved if we could do that simple thing.

You want to solo a dungeon, then solo the dungeon.

You want to play with a tank & a healer, let the tank tank and the healer heal.

That's all it comes down to - the ability to play your role in a group, while allowing the other players to also play their roles. If you can't play well with others, that's fine, but don't expect to be invited to play with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i tank, i don't mind people pulling mobs if it's not causing issues. I do mind quit a bit if it is.
    I agree with UunaPriest though.. if you and the warlock were able to two man the place. why are you even using LFD? just run the dungeon solo if it's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    And? So what? Tank pulls. Period. It doesn't matter if it speeds up the instance or not. He gets kicked, he'll always get kicked if he does that, by just about anyone. He is there to do dps without pulling aggro, let him do his job and the instance becomes funnier for everyone (maybe except him, but if he just cares about himself, then who cares about him?).

To the OP, I'd kick you as soon as you did it the 2nd time. I do not want the likes of you in my groups.
    "Oh no, someone is making the instance faster and easier, how dare he?!"

The only reason we have "the tank pulls" drilled into our heads is because that's the system that makes the most sense if everyone's at the same gear level. The run is easiest, assuming everyone's at the same power level, when the tank is the one absorbing the blows, the DPS is killing, and the healer is keeping everyone alive. When that changes, however, and it makes more sense for a DPS to be pulling because they have greater survivability in addition to greater damage output, it makes no sense to force him to hold back just because it's "not right". Because it IS right. It's the most logical setup in that specific scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    The responses in here are pretty sad. leveling dungeons are jokes and taking them seriously is only going to give you gray hair. OP didn't say he was expecting the tank to pull off him or that he was expecting the tank to save him. He was killing mobs on his own, without dying or causing a wipe making the instance go faster. Why this is a problem for ANYONE is beyond me.

He even explained that the tank healer, and dps buddy stopped everything and he and the warlock continued to clear the place. The only instances this described behavior will lead to trouble is max level dungeons where they are tuned to need tanking/CC/etc.

People acting like elitist douche bags in random 5mans while leveling need to pull their heads out of the sand and take in a few breaths of reality.
    So you will actualy encourage his behavior? I've seen jerks like this on max level as well.... they do infact get a vote if it persists. So sticking to the "normal" way of doing things while lvling isn't such a bad thing. Maybe some people will learn a thing or two before venturing out where ninjapulling will actualy wipe a group ( worst case scenario )

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Before you start playing in an MMO with other people, make sure you understand the fundamentals of interacting with other human beings.

I know this may come as a shocker to many, but if you want to do stuff with others, you have to understand the basics of how to COOPERATE with others. Like, follow the rules everyone else follows (tank pulls, that is his job, dps kills but do not tank etc) and which exist for a reason.

If you act like an associal retard who don't know even the very most fundamental (like, tank pulls, not the rogue), you have to understand you will get kicked most of the time. Learn how to cooperate in a group environment and you will be rewarded.
    This pretty much sums it up a treat.

OP don't expect others to put up with you, whilst you go out the way to single yourself out of the group.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

On the flip side it's pretty annoying when the LFD tank decides to take several 5 min breaks or zones in and afks. Having been in all 3 shoes imo it's everyone's responsibility to keep up when you do group content. If the healer is oom or the tank is afk/slow and the group can clear the content without them quit pissing and moaning and jump in. If dps keeps pulling and it is a wipe then dps needs to slow down.

Went through this very debate teaching a guild to chain pull in MC. Plenty of pissing and moaning about it until it clicked in a number of people that instead of standing around for hours each night we could be clearing content.