Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    So I'm a level 78 rogue with full heirlooms / cata greens which gives me 30k hp.

The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from because I kept pulling the mobs, after the first 2 packs the healer and tank both stopping doing anything hoping I would die, one of the dps was the tanks friend so it was just me and a lock clearing everything including bosses.

running to the last boss I sudenly get kicked...

So they basically do nothing the entire instance and I'm the one who gets no rewards?

Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me

Quit.
    Being.
    Bad.
    Thank you. Sincerely, Tanks of WoW.

Seriously man, Rogues aren't supposed to pull. I don't care what kind of numbers you pull. When you queue, you sign up for a certain role. Know your perameters, and respect the roles of others in your group. Not everyone's gear will be on par with yours. Not everyone will have the same play style/speed. If you want to pull shit, roll a tank. Otherwise, learn your place. Simple.
    Last edited by Pyr; 2011-10-25 at 03:55 PM.

Tanks tank. Healers heal. Deeps deep what the tank is tanking.

Deviate from that, and you're not finishing the run with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care when other people pull, because it is very easy to get aggro back, just target their target, use taunt. if there's multiple targets, just use 1-2 aoe attacks and the aggro is yours. i can't really see all the QQ about this. most people want a fastrun through dungeons.

and most of the dungeons are REALLY EASY now, so you don't actually need a tank.

If the DPS is pulling unneccesarily, I let them - then they die, I pick it up, and the group moves on with one person looking like a dumbass.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS who won't wait (a reasonable time) for the tank to pull, or who complain about marks, are generally under-skilled players who are probably going to screw something else up too, and should be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks
    If that's the case then fine, threat can be a bit hard to hold against Cata geared players while tanking with Wrath greens(not impossible just more difficult), but the way the OP worded his post suggests he was literally pulling for the tank which is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    If you can solo the dungeons why bother using LFD? Just run to the instances and solo them.
    In reality I doubt this was the case, they probably got tired of dealing with you almost killing the whole group due to being impatient.
    For the JP maybe? They're clearly not doing it for the gear.

Deleted
    sounds like you shoulda just DONE IT SOLO much more exp when not split 5 ways (even with group bonus)
    exp splitage ->
    1 100%
    2 50% each
    3 33% each + bonus %
    4 25% each + bonus %
    5 20% each + bonus %

fastest exp is 3 players or 1 player anything else is slower exp per mob wise.

if they pull ahead and get overwhelmed just let them die and tell your healer not to heal anybody pulling besides the tank.

Deleted
    Exactly as mentioned somewhere above in this thread, it's not your duty to pull them. I would definitely kick you as well. If you think that the tank is being slow, ask him (politely) to speed up a bit. What you're doing is only slowing you down.

Deleted
    Im just levelling my first tank (Pally lvl 51) and i detest it when people just go ahead and pull. Im there to learn to tank and how can I do that when people insist on doing it themselves. Its a vicious circle, you people who pull will do it to have a quicker run etc then you complain when people are bad tanks at 85 when you havnt given them a chance to learn for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    So you will actualy encourage his behavior? I've seen jerks like this on max level as well.... they do infact get a vote if it persists. So sticking to the "normal" way of doing things while lvling isn't such a bad thing. Maybe some people will learn a thing or two before venturing out where ninjapulling will actualy wipe a group ( worst case scenario )
    Talking about max level makes no sense in this thread. We're talking about someone who is BETTER SUITED TO TAKE AGGRO THAN THE TANK. This guy has full heirlooms, he's probably smart enough to not act like this in a level 85 instance. But this isn't endgame. It's a leveling instance wherein he's actually a better tank than the designated tank.

Deleted
    Your not the tank, thats it really. It's annoying as hell if someone keeps pulling cause it creates extra work and stress for the tank.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because it`s frustrating for the tank. Speed runs and fast-paced pulling is something I enjoy (we even held in-guild contests for these things), but that doesn`t mean I don`t stop at all.
    When leveling a class, I expect also to get a hang of how the class is played, so when I hit 85 I can play it properly - ever wondered why there are so many bad pugs at 85?
    Stopping a few sec before a pack can mean multiple things, from healer mana (like mentioned above) to waiting those 2-3 sec until D&D/Avenger`s shield comes off cd (for convenience purposes, yes), waiting until the member who isn`t yet in position/afk comes back (provided he did announce, of course). After all, what`s the problem with waiting those extra seconds (assuming it`s not 1 min between each pull)? Ok, the run is going to take 5 mins longer; but the <85 instances are easy so they are also fast anyways.

Mainly because pulling is a tank thing, and tanks get pissed when someone else pulls. It is just a pride thing, as in "This mob is MINE," even if you can solo the instance it pisses off the tank if a dps pulls. If a dps DOES actually have to pull (some fights do need a non-tank to pull, mainly before tanks had ranged abilities), and the tank only gives it over grudgingly. And, healers generally like all their ducklings in a row, because they don't like going on a healfest to attempt to keep the group alive, and if one dies, it is usually blamed on the healer. In all, that is pretty much spitting in the face of both of them. I know this because I am a holy/prot pally, and as a tank, it is the aggro meter that I am trying to top, and it annoys me for one of them to so much as drop into the yellow. As a healer, I hate having to go crazy because it completely burns my mana, and I am normally very mana efficient (I taught myself not to panic). Don't do it if you can avoid it, it is like saying "I am better than you in every way!" Even if you are, that is a certain way to piss them off.

Deleted
    I play a tank and lots of DPS classes, i know full well how annoying it is as a tank to have a dps ninja pulling everything and i often get fed up and let them die. And im not a slow tank! However i also know how annoying it is as a dps to have a tank who doesnt move through instance with any gusto. Best bet is just to ask them to go a bit faster and to breath slowly, better just to take it easy and let them go at their own pace. They may be not as experienced as you and struggle to know what they're doing, they will only learn through doing

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Tanks tank. Healers heal. Deeps deep what the tank is tanking.

Deviate from that, and you're not finishing the run with me.
    Really? Not finishing the run? No matter what the circumstances are? A rogue with twice as much health as the tank shouldn't be allowed to pull some mobs? Tell me, how does that even begin to make sense?

duh

when tanking that is the most annoying thing EVER.

if I'm healing and a dps does that I won't heal him, or rez him

Deleted
    I would have hit the kick button aswell, if you wanted to go ahead and pull the packs then you should have rolled a tank, its one of the most annoying things as a tank when other people go ahead and pull a pack for no reason, specialy when you are going at a decent speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    So I'm a level 78 rogue with full heirlooms / cata greens which gives me 30k hp.

The last 3 dungeons I joined I got kicked from because I kept pulling the mobs, after the first 2 packs the healer and tank both stopping doing anything hoping I would die, one of the dps was the tanks friend so it was just me and a lock clearing everything including bosses.

running to the last boss I sudenly get kicked...

So they basically do nothing the entire instance and I'm the one who gets no rewards?

Please explain why you kick the guy doing all the work because this makes no sense to me
    I would have warned you at the start to not do that, then kicked you if you didn't listen. Its not your job to pull. Its up to the tank because the tank is the one who has to manage/control the mobs. You trying to do it for him is basically saying HERE TANK THIS SH*T TOO which is just as obnoxious as it sounds.

If you have a problem with the pace of a dungeon, speak up in a non-idiotic way. But trying to pull is only going to make you look like an ass, and in a lot of cases like this one, get you kicked.

Deleted
    Ok whoa calm down .......

I have more avoidance than the tank, more health, generate more threat, do equal healing to the healer via recuperate, bosses died before evasion ran out so I had 100% dodge chance on them...

Please tell me why the tank should be pulling and not me?

"Because I am a tank" is not an answer, In that run I was the tank, doesn't matter that I'm a rogue.

Oh and tricks was no use because I killed 4 packs by the time it was off cooldown.
    Last edited by mmoc9f70834c3a; 2011-10-25 at 04:06 PM.