Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Don't even bother explaining. This point gets conveniently ignored, and they come back when said point is completely forgotten.
    No, I concur with this point. What I want to know is, did the other group members communicate something to Twirls about slowing down so they can enjoy the dungeon?

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    This recap was pretty good. I don`t see the OP trying to address the communication/attitude issue anywhere; it seems only "but I did it without healer, so I`m obviously right" is coming through, in different phrasings. I don`t see the discussion going anywhere further, tbh.
    Yes but communication goes both ways. I'd ask the OP to clarify a bit and state if he was asked to slow down at all...

The tank pulls. End of story, stop being a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    im thinkin he meant pull aggro since the tank was terrible, i could be wrong but i think you all have a stick up your butt as tanks
    the way he explains it makes it sound like he was pulling the mobs, not the tanks, so i'll go with that

Signature by Kenz

Tanks and their egos. So fragile, so unable to adapt. Those difficult low level dungeons where DPS routinely pulls off the tank if they are any good, and the poor, poor tank gets his little feelings hurt. I can't even count how many tanks drop group because they can't hold aggro or can't move fast enough to keep up with the DPS, so I ask the healer if we can keep pulling, they always say go ahead, and we carry on with out the tank. Big deal.

Stop with all the "I queued as a tank so I wanna be the main guy who pulls everything and controls the pace and dictates the entire run." You just sound petty. If this scenario happens to you and you are the tank, pick it up! Accept the challenge and step up YOUR game. Instead I see a bunch of petulant whiners who can't handle the fact that someone wants to maintain a faster pace or who recognizes that low level dungeons are NOT tuned properly other than to be fast so people can level out of them. Practice being a good tank in 80+ dungeons (and more specifically level 85 and heroics) and until then, just enjoy the zergfest.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you kept doing it I'd vote to kick you too. Your not doing it right, and if you want that role then you should have been a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirls View Post
    gotta love the way you emphasize you're a tank - as if you have some god given right to control the group exactly as you see fit.
    Thaaaat would be what tanks are there for, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Imagine if SWTOR had an Endor's moon themed expansion where the Ewoks played a huge role. I could just see it now, the reactions... "This game sucks! Ewoks are stupid!" "I hate these retarded Ewoks! They have no basis in lore!" "I'm quitting because of Ewoks!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll know once you tank.

Tanks do the Tank's job, and the DPS do the DPS' job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Let's recap:

- OP pulls and actually ends up tanking successfully UK.
    - However, OP did not ask if it was okay, therefore not being considerate
    - OP wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP he's not tank
    - OP begs to differ based on number crunching
    - I tell and prove he's not considerate in general by an analogy with law, upon which he totally took the bait
    - OP still wonders why he got kicked
    - People tell OP it's a matter of convention and consideration for others
    - OP doesn't care
    I probably should have read through more of this thread before responding before and just locked it then. Its nothing but a continuous circle which the quoted post pretty accurately describes and 20 more pages isn't going to change that.