Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    What? Pandaren have always been husky, and I see this race more related in body type of the Tauren. Tauren females are only slightly slimmer than their male counterpart.

I have a pic I shopped up to show what I'd love to see: http://www.imagehosting.com/photo/pa...n?context=user

And yes, I am a female gamer.

Btw, Kung Fu Panda didn't invent chubbiness or chubby characters.
    Wait, that's a female concept art on the left? It looks like a male.. A really fat male :O

Do you see any skinny bears?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at their arms and shoulders. These fat guys are buff.

I am not against them being more "fluffy" or whatever, but the exceedingly large gut area and dull hips to imply their hefty eating/drinking habits seems a bit to much over the top. if you look on the current model concepts for MoP.
    Last edited by jayremy; 2011-10-25 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayremy View Post
    I am not against them being more "fluffy" or whatever, but the exceedingly large gut area to imply their hefty eating/drinking habits seems a bit to much over the top. if you look on the current model concepts for MoP.
    More cushion for the pushin' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Makes 0 sense, since Pandarens were fat before Kung Fu Panda. Come back with some logic buddy.
    So, the fact that a fat anthropomorphic panda has been a central feature of 2 movies with a world wide gross of over 1 billion dollars has no impact on Blizzard's design decision to feature a fat anthropomorphic panda? Was your house painted in the late 60s, early 70s?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the earliest pandaren concept, don't be surprised it has changed. Here's an early orc design, try and guess what's different now.
    Not a lot, just the color.

@topic
    Pandas ARE fat.
    Why pandaren need to be thin?

Thats like asking for worgen without fur.

Hint: Dwarves are fat. So are taurens (but very muscular aswell).
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    What? Pandaren have always been husky, and I see this race more related in body type of the Tauren. Tauren females are only slightly slimmer than their male counterpart.

I have a pic I shopped up to show what I'd love to see: http://www.imagehosting.com/photo/pa...n?context=user

And yes, I am a female gamer.

Btw, Kung Fu Panda didn't invent chubbiness or chubby characters.
    KFP did not invent these characteristics... they merely spent millions of dollars popularizing a similar character and introducing a similar world.

The word is "coattails" my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    Do you see any skinny bears?
    Yao Guai are skinny.And they're relevant since we're actually arguing videogames' depiction of ursines.That said,shame on people wanting Pandaren to look like Yao Guai.Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Not a lot, just the color.

@topic
    Pandas ARE fat.
    Why pandaren need to be thin?

Thats like asking for worgen without fur.

Hint: Dwarves are fat. So are taurens (but very muscular aswell).
    Thing is though, they aren't Pandas, they are Pandaren. Yes its based off a Panda, but this is a fictional race of humanoids not your basic animal - bear.

Kung Fu Panda = Panda Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkenburg View Post
    So, the fact that a fat anthropomorphic panda has been a central feature of 2 movies with a world wide gross of over 1 billion dollars has no impact on Blizzard's design decision to feature a fat anthropomorphic panda? Was your house painted in the late 60s, early 70s?
    You really can not grasp the fact that they existed before Kung Fu Panda can you? I know how hard time lines are for you buddy, but you will master them some day, don't you worry. Then we can move on to the Alphabet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is though, they aren't Pandas, they are Pandaren. Yes its based off a Panda, but this is a fictional race of humanoids not your basic animal - bear.

Kung Fu Panda = Panda Bear.
    The pandaren are pictured as chubby/fatty since their first implementation in warcraft 3, Chem was actually pretty round. I dont see why they HAD to change it so people dont associate the race with a movie they predited (from seeing the future, obviously, they are f-king blizzard) to be launched 6 years later.

Again, they did change draenei to look cuter and less like aberrations. Not the case as pandaren were already nice looking.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkenburg View Post
    WC3:TFT was released in 2003,Kung fu Panda was released in 2008,Pandaren existed long before KFP grossed a bajillion dollars.And for that matter every Shrek movie after the first one grossed more than KFP and KFP 2.Why are WoW ogres not green yet?!

The guy's been drawing them forever. They may not be exactly the same as his personal work but it's not like their design has come out of nowhere.

I guess I'm having a really hard time understanding some of these arguments.

Let me see if I understand the logic:

Blizzard makes Warcraft. Warcraft has pandas. Those pandas are fat and do martial arts.
    Blizzard has World of Warcraft. Since Warcraft 3, people have literally BEGGED Blizzard to put their chubby panda ninjas into the game. BEGGED.
    Time passes.
    Dreamworks makes a movie starring their own chubby panda ninja.
    More time passes.
    Blizzard puts their chubby panda ninja into their game finally, as requested.
    Players revolt at copycat chubby panda ninja hax?

Is this about right? I mean, the fact that Blizzard did it first doesn't seem to matter? The fact that the player base has requested the inclusion of this race long before the movie existed doesn't matter? Help me, I'm confused.

When I talk about the chubbiness, its the emphasis of it, being bouncy and all those puns or jokes of panda size. With it I think they are trying to much to fit the image of "panda" instead of their own image of the Pandaren.

Because panda's in real life spend a majority of their life sitting still and eating. Since their diet consists mainly of bamboo which is very low in nutrition they need to eat large amounts of it. This low nutrition diet also causes them to have a very low metabolism and little energy, meaning they spend most of their time doing nothing and will even avoid things like walking uphill to save energy. This has led panadas to have a fat, lazy, lovable stereo type to most people who know anything about them.
    Last edited by Kenasan; 2011-10-25 at 07:12 PM.

Maybe because in RL pandas eat all day b/c of how little nutritional value bamboo has.
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

because irl healthy pandas are kind of chubby?

I think they made them fat the same reason they are black and white and not Red and Blue.

Red and Blue panda's would be AWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME, But Blizzard does whatever it wants.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.