1. #1

    Can you reset Rag for Heart of Flame?

    *Before you ask, I know its probably been asked 100 times but I did a search and couldnt find anything.*

    I know if you die on the Ragnaros fight, you can't loot the Heart of Flame. My question is, if you die, can you reset the fight and try again or do you have to kill and wait till next reset? Also, do you get the 99% reduced damage debuff during the fight or do you get it after the fight to help you through lava?

    Im 4 lock outs from my Legendary (hell 10 man is slow), 6/7HC, first in line in my guild, and I really dont want to have to wait yet another week because someone failed killing an add in the transition or someone DCed and we wiped =/


  2. #2
    Yes to both

  3. #3
    So if you die, and wipe, you restart the fight and you get the buff back?


  4. #4
    Mechagnome Hmmster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    734
    You don't have to stay alive during the entire fight, you just have to be alive during the kill.
    I'm a Communist. Take this information as you please. I'm always up for debates in PM!

  5. #5
    Oh really? So I could die, then Anhk at like 13%?


  6. #6
    it's my understanding that if you die at any point in the fight you are ineligible to loot it even using anhk/bres

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    it's my understanding that if you die at any point in the fight you are ineligible to loot it even using anhk/bres
    See this is what I thought, but if you die does it lock you all week, or can you reset the boss? Im really confused so many different answers.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    See this is what I thought, but if you die does it lock you all week, or can you reset the boss? Im really confused so many different answers.
    Unsure on dying, then ressing and being there for a kill. Probably don't risk it.
    100% sure that resetting the boss will reset your chance, though, so if you die, wipe and try again.
    Our boomkin tonight was a bit overeager, so when rag died she instantly jumped in the lava to collect her heart, without the healers being aware. Result was that she died, but as rag was dead, she still got her heart - which means I'm also unsure about the 99% dmg reduc youre talking about.

  9. #9
    Oh okay, so just not dying all fight makes it drop, then you can throw yourself at it infinite times to loot it?

    And theres a buff called Rage of Ragnaros - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97701 - Not entirely sure how you get it though.


  10. #10
    what Draco said is correct, and from my personal experience (having received the legendary) and research
    - dying at any point in the fight will not spawn the heart (just wipe and rego), there is no 1 attempt per lockout restriction
    - the damage reduction debuff does not apply after rag submerges. if you do this on normal work with your healers before you go all gung ho in the lava. obviously if you do it on heroic there is no lava so you just walk up and click the loot bag (and if you die in lava on normal attempting to get it you cannot loot it anymore)
    - that debuff is applied to you immediately at the start of the fight and remains until the fight ends

  11. #11
    Funnily enough, talking about this has changed my Forum title to "Stood in Fire", rofl

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 11:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    what Draco said is correct, and from my personal experience (having received the legendary) and research
    - dying at any point in the fight will not spawn the heart (just wipe and rego), there is no 1 attempt per lockout restriction
    - the damage reduction debuff does not apply after rag submerges. if you do this on normal work with your healers before you go all gung ho in the lava. obviously if you do it on heroic there is no lava so you just walk up and click the loot bag (and if you die in lava on normal attempting to get it you cannot loot it anymore)
    - that debuff is applied to you immediately at the start of the fight and remains until the fight ends
    Thanks a lot, made me feel much better knowing I wont have to worry =) No getting griefed by someone failing/DCing, and more importantly no getting griefed by my Guild Master (Holy Priest) trolling me (Raid Leader) by not healing me in Lava - Im still respeccing resto and popping Spirit Walker's Grace before I go in there though hahahaha


  12. #12
    You're looking at the wrong debuff, you don't take any less damage, that debuff is from an NPC.

    Here's what you get: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=101108

    It's a pulsating AoE that happens every 1 minute and knocks back anyone near you after it does 3 or 4 pulses.

    If you die at any point during the encounter you lose the buff and need to wipe it (if you get battle ressed you won't get the buff back) and then just retry, you have an infinite number of tries for the week.

    At the end just have your healers spam heal you while you're going through the lava to collect the heart, (it barely does any damage until you're in the lava for a long time, a bit after you would've already gotten the heart).

  13. #13
    Not sure if it was a bug, but we didn't get any dmg in the lava pool after defeating 25 rag this monday. Idk if it kinda buged out after couple of p4 wipes on heroic, but still.

  14. #14
    Funny thing is, that our warlock finally finished siphoning for our first staff last Thursday and died on the Rag kill. We obviously took the chance to mock him for it, but he had made a ticket and got his staff the next day.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze View Post
    Not sure if it was a bug, but we didn't get any dmg in the lava pool after defeating 25 rag this monday. Idk if it kinda buged out after couple of p4 wipes on heroic, but still.
    If you try it on heroic (and pass it to p4 i think) and swap to normal, the lava wont deal any damage. Known bug =)

  16. #16
    death = have to reset ( can do unlimited times)
    debuff you gain switches between "knockback allies and damg" mode to "take 99% less damg" mode every minute or so. so when geting the heart be careful you got the right one or imba healers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •