We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Starfall not scaling with haste a huge nerf?

Im hearing people claim it cut our DPS in literally half on AoE in night hold. Is this true? I have not tested it myself.

Starfall damage is the same, however it's much more consistent and less bursty, if whatever you're starfalling dies within like 3 seconds, then yes, you lose dps. If targets live for a long time, you gain damage as your dots benefit from the much higher stellar empowerment uptime.

It is not a nerf. Starfall does the same damage as it did before 7.2.
    <Adorable> - OCE 6, US 49
    Slippykins - Armory - Logs - Wowprog

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Starfall damage is the same, however it's much more consistent and less bursty, if whatever you're starfalling dies within like 3 seconds, then yes, you lose dps. If targets live for a long time, you gain damage as your dots benefit from the much higher stellar empowerment uptime.
    I see it as a slight nerf to be honest.

Against long living targets - uptime stays the same. If starfall is worth casting, Shoting Stars generates enough AP to keep it at 100% uptime even with >30% haste. Only advantage of the recent change Starfall I can think of is a possibility to squeeze few Starsuges in between.

Against short living targets - it cripples our "burst AoE" immensely, because Starfall alone does roughy the same DPS as both empowered dots summed up, even more if we don't have enough time to Moonfire 4-5 targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    I see it as a slight nerf to be honest.

Against long living targets - uptime stays the same. If starfall is worth casting, Shoting Stars generates enough AP to keep it at 100% uptime even with >30% haste. Only advantage of the recent change Starfall I can think of is a possibility to squeeze few Starsuges in between.

Against short living targets - it cripples our "burst AoE" immensely, because Starfall alone does roughy the same DPS as both empowered dots summed up, even more if we don't have enough time to Moonfire 4-5 targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    It is not a nerf. Starfall does the same damage as it did before 7.2.
    Same amount of damage in longer time window = less DPS.