1. #1

    Feral or Boomy for Tanaan content?

    I just want to be able to do Tanaan content (Kill rares, complete apexis quick, AoE large packs of mobs, etc) easily, bearing in mind the current buffs/nerfs. Gimme answers skilled druids!
    Check out my YouTube! The Thirteenth Worst - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheThirteenthWorst

  2. #2
    Inc + Ca + NV as a moonkin can handle pretty much any number of non elites, or kill nameds as Moonkin. Large pulls without said cooldowns can be dangerous though. Can't speak for feral, but I expect it'd be much the same with less range > >

  3. #3
    The one you have gear for.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

  4. #4
    Either is fine. Whichever you enjoy more. So far I've been Boomy, but there are moments I wish I had ferals stealth. Up to you

  5. #5
    Boomy is way faster for doing the dailies

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Inc + Ca + NV as a moonkin can handle pretty much any number of non elites, or kill nameds as Moonkin. Large pulls without said cooldowns can be dangerous though. Can't speak for feral, but I expect it'd be much the same with less range > >
    Fun fact, NV benefits from the damage Artillery does, essentially giving you a full heal every time you stack them.

  7. #7
    Nice, never thought of that. Might actually do the dalies then now.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    there are moments I wish I had ferals stealth.
    you can stealth as any druid spec, but to the OP, if you are 700 ilvl, cds and NV starfall makes you invincible if you use typhoon and vortex to postpone. For effectiveness they both work but balance can aoe better, while feral does more ST. Depends on your playstyle and what you plan on gearing /playing for.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Vanthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ol US of A
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
    you can stealth as any druid spec, but to the OP, if you are 700 ilvl, cds and NV starfall makes you invincible if you use typhoon and vortex to postpone. For effectiveness they both work but balance can aoe better, while feral does more ST. Depends on your playstyle and what you plan on gearing /playing for.
    Non Ferals have a very slow stealth walking. Ferals walk normal speed even in stealth thanks to perks.

  10. #10
    ...I did a few hours of Ashran to get the blue 670 gear, upgraded head/cloak to 715 and things die super fast and can solo pretty much anything...pull a llarget pack then pop incan+Natures Vigil and the pack is dead in seconds...

  11. #11
    Blizzard has really hosed Feral this expansion with their terrible AoE but I don't think there is any doubt Feral is one of the best if not the best spec for soloing and dailies.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Blizzard has really hosed Feral this expansion with their terrible AoE but I don't think there is any doubt Feral is one of the best if not the best spec for soloing and dailies.
    Yeah, it mostly cleave anyway, and then you have artillery for big pulls. Feral has always been great for solo content.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 17/17M @ 3 days / Week

  13. #13
    699 ilvl boomkin and i was soloing rares like Deathtalon and Vengeance. I have all but one rare for Jungle Stalker and I finish every apexis zone in about an hour. Along with Artillery Strike you feel nearly invincible. Boomkin is also AMAZING when you are farming Saberstalker rep (though cross realm hoping and killing Soulslicer is the fastest way for rep anyways) and getting the Blackfang claws.

  14. #14
    With gear boomkin is pretty insane at doing dailies, however that is almost definitely true with feral as well. At 700 ilvl I am able to press star fall and just walk through the an entire area of non elites with ease. I farmed around 35ish mobs in about 40 seconds this way. For the aoe advantage I would say boomkin, really boomkin is just better right now because of ferals aoe struggles.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharreldruid View Post
    With gear boomkin is pretty insane at doing dailies, however that is almost definitely true with feral as well. At 700 ilvl I am able to press star fall and just walk through the an entire area of non elites with ease. I farmed around 35ish mobs in about 40 seconds this way. For the aoe advantage I would say boomkin, really boomkin is just better right now because of ferals aoe struggles.
    Yeah, for knocking out dallies in specific zones I think Boomie will probably put a feral to shame with their AOE. But for some of the rares, cleavy stuff, or when stealth helps, feral is pretty solid.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 17/17M @ 3 days / Week

  16. #16
    Field Marshal Enny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Candy Mountain
    Posts
    98
    As a badly geared druid: feral works better for me than balance. I can switch to bear form if it gets rough, and the stealth (faster stealth, that is) is a nice addition to questing speed.

    If you have the gear, I'd agree that balance is probably faster because of the AoE damage.

  17. #17
    This is definitely gear dependent. Once you start getting HFC gear combined with the Fel buff mobs fall over just from looking at them.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    Boomy is way faster for doing the dailies
    Yep. I just pop starfall and cds and can clear out an objective zone in one or two pulls. Starfall makes stuff like this ridiculously easy. Probably helps I do my dailies with a frost mage who just freezes everything in place. Good synergy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •