Deleted

Annual pass and collectors edition WITH box

So what of us who wants the annual pass + CE + Box?

If I commit to annual pass, I get a DIGITAL version of Diablo 3.
    I can later upgrade this, assuming from website, to a digital CE. No box

However if I buy the Collectors Edition with box from a store, I'll have 2 Diablo accounts.
    Note that if it is possible to use the store bought CE key to upgrade the digital D3, it would result in a loss.

As I'd only get 4 months extra WoW time by upgrading, but it'd result in me essentially buying 2 diablo keys, but turning it into 1. Resulting in me not actually gaining anything by doing the annual pass. Except for vanity items in WoW. And I lose out on D3 box.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get 4 months of WoW time if you buy the CE

Sounds like a tarp. Watch out.

Deleted
    K1LLLTH3N00B, Read the post please

Math is hard...

12 month commitment = $14.99/mo x 12 = $179.88
    - Diablo III ($59.99)
    =
    $119.88/12 = $9.99/mo

Now let's add in the Collector's Edition

+Diablo III Collector's Edition = $99.99 (based off of SCII Collector's price)
    =
    $219.87

-Four months of WoW ($14.99 x 4 = $59.96)
    =
    $159.91 = $13.33/mo

12 month commitment without Collector's Edition = 119.88
    12 month commitment with Collector's Edition = 159.91
    Difference = $40.03
    Difference between Diablo III and Diablo III Collector's Edition = $40

You come out net $0.03 behind (not including sales tax) by doing this as opposed to not doing the commitment, but if you don't, you'll pay $1.67/mo more on your WoW account... which is probably less than the aforementioned sales tax.

If my math is off here, let me know... but I don't think it is. The difference in net cost is still $40 (and change).

Deleted
    I know already...

which is why i wrote

"As I'd only get 4 months extra WoW time by upgrading, but it'd result in me essentially buying 2 diablo keys, but turning it into 1. Resulting in me not actually gaining anything by doing the annual pass. Except for vanity items in WoW. And I lose out on D3 box. "

Monthly rate = $12.99 (at the six month rate--change it to $13.99 for 3 month or $14.99 for month-to-month).
    Instead of free Diablo II, you get four free months. Essentially, you pay for eight months. So over the time of the annual pass:
    $12.99 * 8 = $103.92
    Over twelve months = ($12.99*8)/12 = $8.66 / month for WoW.
    Essentially, you get the equivalent of $12.99*4 = $51.96 in savings over the course of the WoW subscription.

This is definitely worse than if you just took the free digital SE because Diablo III SE will be $59.99.

The "loss" you refer to in the original post equates to $8.03. If that's a deal-breaker for you, don't get the annual pass.

(Of course, that "loss" is relative--you're still saving if you would have had a year-long WoW subscription and were going to buy DIII CE without doing the annual pass.)

Oh yeah--and of course you still pay the difference to get the CE. But you would have paid that difference with or without the "free" copy. Regardless, you do gain something--it's just that if you get the CE, you only save $51.96 as opposed to $59.99. You're not "losing" a copy of DIII.
    Last edited by Appletini; 2011-10-26 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by retrofade View Post
    Math is hard...

- Diablo III ($59.99)
    =
    $119.88/12 = $9.99/mo

=
    $219.87

=
    $159.91 = $13.33/mo

Difference = $40.03

You come out net $0.03 behind (not including sales tax) by doing this as opposed to not doing the commitment, but if you don't, you'll pay $1.67/mo more on your WoW account... which is probably less than the aforementioned sales tax.

If my math is off here, let me know... but I don't think it is. The difference in net cost is still $40 (and change).
    I'm tired and may be wrong but I believe you messed up with the CE math. You included the 59.99 from D3 and the four months of WoW. If your getting CE though then the four months of WoW is supposed to replace the 59.99 you would save from D3.

So....

monthly fee x #of months = yearly fee
    14.99 x 8 = $119.92

yearly fee + CE cost = total investment
    119.92 + 99.99 = $219.91

ADDED: Final Prices

12month WoW, with D3 = $239.87, $19.99/month
    12month WoW w/ commitment, with D3 = $119.89, $9.99/month

12 month WoW, with D3 CE = $279.87, $23.32/month
    12 month WoW w/ commitment, with D3 CE = $219.91, $18.32/month
    Last edited by brown; 2011-10-26 at 05:37 AM.

You're paying for a year of WoW at regular price.

If you don't get the CE, you're getting the equivalent of $59.99 in the free DIII SE. If you're getting the CE, you're getting the equivalent of $51.96 in the four free months of WoW.

Also, you should probably place a value on the bonus items you get with the deal. If you think the horse is worth $25 (equivalent value on the pet store), you could add that to your bonus value. Also, however much the Mists beta is worth to you.

On another note, if you're locked into a year of WoW, there's no reason to pay $14.99 a month. Just get the six month sub for $12.99 a month.

Another way to look at it that may help is that either way, the savings equate to paying full price on a little more than 7 months of WoW. So if you would have had a subscription to WoW for eight or more of the next twelve months, getting the annual pass is going to save you money.

look buy it or dont buy it. i would say that most players that buy the annual pass ( me included) are gonna buy the D3 CE box anyway and not really bother with the digital copy.

Personally im buying the annual pass for the vanity items in WoW and the access to the Beta as i havent been lucky enough to score a beta key as of yet for anything. Ive had my D3 pre-order for months now so it does not bother me paying extra

You are thinking it the wrong way, you should be thinking what you are getting for committing to play wow for one year. You can choose if you take CE or normal Diablo you wont be paying anything extra if you choose the CE.

Annual pass is intended to the ones who (like me) will still play WoW a lot even if they buy D3. That's why i signed up, i would have spent that money anyway. Also, buying the CE, i will get 4 months of WoW free.

If you don't play WoW, it's just a waste of money ofc. But if you play and plan to continue playing WoW, it's someway convenient to sign up.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the annual pass is an awesome deal. I will be playing MoP and D3. I would pay for WoW for the next year regardless, so I might as well get D3 for free. On top of that, when you add the collectors ed. you get 4 of those months for free! Cant wait! ! ! !

10+ Year Old Account
    As those two above me stated it's really just a deal for those that will be playing the entire duration of the Annual Pass, otherwise it will be a waste of money depending on how long time you will be playing WoW for.

BTW there wont be option to buy the D3 CE digitally, only the physical box.
    When you add it to your battle.net account the other D3 will be overwritten and replaced, since you are not able to have more then one D3 game per battle.net account. :3
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2011-10-26 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofade View Post
    Math is hard...

- Diablo III ($59.99)
    =
    $119.88/12 = $9.99/mo

=
    $219.87

=
    $159.91 = $13.33/mo

Difference = $40.03

This person is right.

Adding a CE increases your total payment by 40$, which is the difference between the standard and the CE edition. You people are just overcomplicating.

Annual pass = 180$
    + adding CE = 100$
    - 4 months of CE credit to your annual pass = 60$

= 220$

Which leaves a difference between the annual pass with and without an added CE at 40$.

So in conclusion, you pay 40$ extra for the CE stuff regardless of how you do it. This doesn't take discounted sales for boxed versions into account though, which is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    This person is right.

Adding a CE increases your total payment by 40$, which is the difference between the standard and the CE edition. You people are just overcomplicating.

Annual pass = 180$
    + adding CE = 100$
    - 4 months of CE credit to your annual pass = 60$

= 220$

Which leaves a difference between the annual pass with and without an added CE at 40$.

So in conclusion, you pay 40$ extra for the CE stuff regardless of how you do it. This doesn't take discounted sales for boxed versions into account though, which is a different matter.
    That's really not the correct way to look at it.

The $40 extra is for the CE stuff. It has nothing to do with the annual pass. If you forget the annual pass and were going to buy a CE rather than SE, it's $40 more no matter what.

The important part is that instead of giving you the copy of D3 worth $59.99, they're giving you four months of WoW worth $51.96.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    That's really not the correct way to look at it.

The $40 extra is for the CE stuff. It has nothing to do with the annual pass. If you forget the annual pass and were going to buy a CE rather than SE, it's $40 more no matter what.

The important part is that instead of giving you the copy of D3 worth $59.99, they're giving you four months of WoW worth $51.96.
    I know where you're coming from.

But Actually, the 4 months will be substracted from the 12 months of the annual pass, which leaves you with 8 months you need to pay. That is why the credit is indeed worth 60$.

From the official FAQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    What if I purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition?

If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due.