10+ Year Old Account

Diablo III and visual character customization

Does anyone know if we will be able to customize our characters visually, like in many other games? Specifically hair, facial structure, skin colour and even smaller things such as lips, eyes et cetera. I love being able to have my character looking slightly different than yours, even if we're wearing similar gear.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

"There is no character customization in Diablo III, in terms of facial features, facial hair, hair color, height/girth, etc. The D3 Team experimented with that sort of thing early in the development process, but rejected it after some experimentation. They reported that it was fun to play around with the creation screen, but that testers would spend several minutes making their own character, only to start playing and find that their character was too small for facial features to show up, and 2) face and hair were immediately hidden by a helm or huge shoulder pads.

The way to make a character look different in Diablo III is to wear unusual armor or wield a cool weapon. After all, the game is about finding great gear, not playing with skin tone/height/hair color sliders in a character menu. "
    Try googling next time.

Actually, there is a form of customization in that there will apparently be some sorts of cosmetic items. The fact that the Diablo 3 collectors edition comes with angel-like wings for your character is evidence of that.
    http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thu...e-features.jpg
    The exact words are 'Diablo 3 aesthetic artifacts.'

There won't be any detailed character customization however, which makes sense, given you're zoomed out and covered in armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. And I'm awfully tired, my brain isn't functioning properly. =P
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.