2 1.47%
  • Skinning

2 1.47%
  • Alchemy

5 3.68%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Profession Guide to top dps (5.1) ^,..,^

Ive been searching what profession will boost your dps even by a percent or less.
    Use the Poll above if you want to choose a profession base on personal preference.

(lets not talk about profession which doesnt give any dps)

Top Profession as of 5.1
    Seems like they finaly manage to balance the profession this patch.
    1st Place:
    Engineering
    =490
    2nd Place:
    The rest are the same...its a tie
    =320
    3rd Place:
    Herbalism
    =its vallue differ per class but still ignorable
    4th Place:
    Skinning
    =as usual the lowest..dont bother with it

Tailoring-Swordguard Embroidery
    Agi
    =320
    Str
    =320
    Int
    =320 (2000 int, 15s dur, 1m CD)
    Engineering-Synapse Springs (stacks with enchants)
    Agi
    =320
    Str
    =320
    Int
    =490 (2940 Int, 10s dur, 1m CD)
    Herbalism-Lifeblood
    Agi
    =
    Str
    =
    Int
    =192
    Skinning-Master of Anatomy
    Agi
    =
    Str
    =
    Int
    =195
    Jewelcrafting
    Agi
    =320
    Str
    =320
    Int
    =320
    Blacksmithing
    Agi
    =320
    Str
    =320
    Int
    =320

The Purpose of this Thread is to share information and Help people who wants to maximise there damage output. I know endgamers, hardcore, new players would want to know how to be best in there class but It seems profession topic isnt much of a concern since it only adds a percent (1% or less) I will be updating this everytime theres a change, and making sure its accurate.

(Sory if my english is bad Its my 3nd language)

Thank you and Good luck

I need help btw ^,..,^
    I still have alot of questions on stat wieght and I need every help i can get to complete this tread.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-03 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I believe Eng is top candidate for best DPS profession, due to its activated nature, and secondary abilities.
    Being activated, you can layer it with other abilities/cooldowns such as Demon Soul, Rapid Fire, Death Wish, ect, further increasing its value.

As far as professions go, I (personally) rank them as follows:
    Engineering
    Jewelcrafting
    Blacksmithing/Enchanting/Alchemy/Inscription
    Tailoring
    Herbalism(Potentially above Jewelcrafting, depending on class value of Haste and time of activation)
    Skinning
    Mining (0 DPS)

Thought this was what everyone had like... burned into their eyelids as concrete fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    For Ret it goes:

Tailoring - 1000 AP proc at 55 second ICD and 15% proc rate means it's roughly another Landslide
    Jewelcrafting - 81 STR Bonus
    Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Inscription, Leatherworking - Tied at 80 STR Bonus
    Engineering - Synapse Springs is good but can't be stacked with other trinket effects during CD; Rocket Gloves have a cast time and reset swing timer

Different specs will benefit from different profession gains.
    Last edited by Voolawl; 2011-10-26 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Synapse Springs is another reason I favor passive trinkets.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Most people are pretty sure it is going to be Blacksmithing and JC for patch 4.3. I've not really tried my Hand at Engineering but from what i've gathered you fill need like a 1000 different mats to level that profession. It was a good profession at the beginning of the expansion if you were into min/max professions only because you had a couple of on -use devices and you had a cool ilevel 359 Helm to make the most of. So Engineers basically had a 359 helm before most non engineer raiders had their hands on their helm.

I would assume engineering falls behind BS and JC over the course of the expansion. I have always never been a fan of on use trinkets or devices. I hate keeping track of sooo many additional CDs. It would also depend on your play style I guess. I would take a passive trinket anyday over an on-use trinket even if the on-use had a higher item level.
    Last edited by RyanJD; 2011-10-26 at 11:13 PM.

Interesting. I updated and added herba in the list and also updated Some Int and Agi vallue of Tailoring enchant Base on Spec as you mentioned. Gues the numbers do change per spec in a class.

Thanks for the Info ^,..,^

Everything averages to 80 of a stat, uses and procs included (other than JC which is 81). Engineering/Tailoring just happen to favor some specs/classes because you can get more out of them by lining them up with other cooldowns.

I remember something about stacking professions. Like a guy would level JC and Tailoring, put the embroidry on his cloak then would drop tailoring for BS. Effectively giving a player 3 profession bonuses. Don't know if they fixed this.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    For Ret it goes:

Tailoring - 1000 AP proc at 55 second ICD and 15% proc rate means it's roughly another Landslide
    Jewelcrafting - 81 STR Bonus
    Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Inscription, Leatherworking - Tied at 80 STR Bonus
    Engineering - Synapse Springs is good but can't be stacked with other trinket effects during CD; Rocket Gloves have a cast time and reset swing timer

Different specs will benefit from different profession gains.
    Tailoring is the best dps prof for ret pallies? damn... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    I remember something about stacking professions. Like a guy would level JC and Tailoring, put the embroidry on his cloak then would drop tailoring for BS. Effectively giving a player 3 profession bonuses. Don't know if they fixed this.
    Yea, the embroiderings require a certain tailoring level in order to activate
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

No Idea, as for now I dont have the information of what 1000 AP proc at 55 second ICD and 15% proc rate be in STR (meaning converted to str using math). Its still a question if it surpass 81str so we dont know if its top for ret or any melee class. As for now we do have the agi convertion if the math used in agi is similar to str then my gues the numbers will be the same like example the 61agi (hunter), 71agi (rogue), 91(random math of a random guy).

If you have any information regarding the convertion of the proc to str I would love to know. Thanks

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 01:08 AM ----------

No idea if its still possible now but the developers place a level requirement to a specific enchant making it automaticaly disable once you dont have the lvl/profession anymore. Giving up a proffesion will still give you a record of having it writen on achivement bar but base on the programing in the profession it wont alow you to use/proc unless you have the profession itself. Similar to the BOA enchant that we use on our twinks, yes it will be place on your gear but no it will not work till you reach the specific lvl to use it and I think the same principle is placed in the profession enchants.

I understand BS as a common melee profession giving the most dps gain on 4.3 since Range/Caster class has been top dps since 4.0 to 4.3 but anyone can be BS even caster making them more OP. I think blizzard should buff Tailoring since its the common caster enchant. Im not talking about increasing the damage but by making it stack with regular enchant similar to engineering. Eng giving 130 str is too OP.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 08:48 AM ----------

4.3 its BS and Eng for str dps spec.

The tread is incomplete and have alot of missing numbers. I need help with it. Thanks ^,..,^

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    JC Gems have been boosted to +67 so i'm sure that'll bump it up to 1st or 2nd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    I understand BS as a common melee profession giving the most dps gain on 4.3 since Range/Caster class has been top dps since 4.0 to 4.3 but anyone can be BS even caster making them more OP. I think blizzard should buff Tailoring since its the common caster enchant. Im not talking about increasing the damage but by making it stack with regular enchant similar to engineering. Eng giving 130 str is too OP.

---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 08:48 AM ----------

4.3 its BS and Eng for str dps spec.
    Engineering is not 130 Strength, it's 80 str average when you keep perfect uptime, nothing more. If you have str as primary stat and is not an engineer you'll have 50 str on your gloves. If you're an engineer you'll have 130 average. 130-50=80.

I'm also having trouble figuring out why you think that if one profession would be op (like engineering would if it actually gave 130str), instead of that OP profession being brought down to the same level as the rest, you want a second profession to be brought up so 2 professions can be OP.

Deleted
    JC gems have been +67 from the start of cataclysm. It's the worst crafting profession of all [i]if and only if[/if] you have epic gems in every slot. Since 3*67 - 3*50 = 51. If you still have up to 3 blue quality gems socketed then JC becomes better, giving +81 to the stat you want.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eng is 80 only if the fight ends perfectly on the minute

on 5-7 mins fights should be something around 86-88 average and on few bosses like DW is by far the best profession as you can time it to use on the zerk phase

and with 1 min CD it fits with most of cooldowns

so Eng is definitely the best profession atm

use it and Enchanting as second profession (since vanilla, i love it)

Assuming you have access to epic gems, blacksmith gives you 100 stats so I would think that makes it the best. Then either engineering or tailoring, depending of course on how good you are with lining up CDs/procs. If you arent that great with those things, then any of the other professions will give you roughly 80 stats. The exception is JC but only if youre in full epic gems.

Long winded way of saying if you are in full epic gems:

BS > Eng = Tailoring > Inscription/Leatherworking/Enchanting/Alchemy> Jewelcrafting.

Doesnt the eng stack with regular enchant? 80 is the vallue of eng tingker used off cd plus the regular 50 str on gloves which results to 130 str. I just want to confirm it before I make chages in the tread. Does the eng NOT stack with regular enchants?

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 11:54 PM ----------

Yep, 80 is the eng vallue when used off cd. Heres my question before I do changes on the tread. Does the Eng NOT stack with regular enchant?? If not, then sory I'll fix it right away.

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 12:33 AM ----------

Nope, Its (480agi/int/str * 10 seconds uptime / 60 seconds cooldown = 80agi/int/str passive)
    and as of 4.0.1 They made Eng tingker able to stack with regular enchant. I dont know at 4.3 though. Just to make sure, Does it still stack?? I dont know myself.

Its 80str (from eng) + 50str (Regular enchant) = 130 Not 130-50.

If Eng does not stack with regular enchant then its 80eng-50regular=30 str then if this is the case then I'll have to remove Eng on the list.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2012-01-23 at 05:37 AM.

Deleted
    It stacks with regular glove enchant