Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Chromatic Dragon = 150 Mount Achievement reward?

Always this kind of speculation when there's a new mount on the PTR, how great would it be if this was the reward for having 150 mounts? Seems like one model is the NPC and the other is the mount, they could make it so you are teleported to somewhere and need to defeat the Chromatic Dragon in order to obtain him as a mount.

With all the new mounts datamined for this patch, it does seem like Blizzard are considering a 150 mount achievement.

Deleted
    I was hoping that too, but sadly I doubt it is. The fact there are two models suggests it's some sort of two-tiered mount. What exactly it could be is hard to say. Some have speculated it is the new raid meta achieve reward, but that's doubtful as well since there are two models. It's not a drop off Deathwing either, since the Blazing Drake is apparently the dropped mount (which makes sense). There is a chance it could the mount model for the legendary rogue dagger (which would suck for us mount collectors... but what ya gonna do), but again, two models doesn't make sense for that either. I highly doubt it is the model for Season 11 arena winners, but it is possible since one model has armor... but then what is the other model for?

So yea, this one is hard to judge on. There is always the possibility that the unarmored model is an old version and the armored model is a new one, but both models are sitting out there still. If that is the case, then it is a possibility of being a 150 mount achievement, new raid meta achieve reward, or the S11 arena mount reward.

OR, it could be part of some new epic questline, either for individual players or a guild.

Again, who knows!! BUT... my fingers are crossed for the 150 mount achievement reward possibility.

Time to farm some more 37 mounts if that's true O.o

Deleted
    lets pray for it!

Yeah, it could be. Datamined mounts, especially heart of the aspects seem more tied to the raid. Nice idea.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I am tired of drake mounts. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be awesome. It'd really make me go farm the 30-something more mounts I need for it (and probably wouldn't get it until next expansion, one way or another. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    I am tired of drake mounts. Just saying.
    it's not even the same model as the old "wow another drake mount" kind of drakes ppl are always bitching about.

Deleted
    I honestly think that the chromatic dragon is the Heart of the Apects mount that was datamined

I think it's 99% chance going to be a Deathwing drop. Illidan and KJ dropped legendaries, LK dropped Invincible, so Deathwing needs to drop something awesome and this mount is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    I think it's 99% chance going to be a Deathwing drop. Illidan and KJ dropped legendaries, LK dropped Invincible, so Deathwing needs to drop something awesome and this mount is pretty awesome.
    Deathwing drops the Alexstrasza-looking Drake, it's already been announced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    The Blazing Drake is the Deathwing dropped mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Drrwho View Post
    The fact there are two models suggests it's some sort of two-tiered mount.
    I believe it's only one mount; the first model shown is probably a mob model, or an NPC model, whereas the second one is the actual mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing drops those Alextrazsa-like mounts with the huge horns. The raid achievement meta mount will be the blazing drake.

Pretty sure this is either Pet Store (hope not) or TCG (that's what I think) - it would just make sense, I guess.

Looks kinda like a chinese dragon sorta to me. I'm betting it might be a pandaren related mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhattWobblez View Post
    it's not even the same model as the old "wow another drake mount" kind of drakes ppl are always bitching about.
    This. Also, it's got more of a Chinese dragon look than what WoW usually does, which is closer to the European dinosaur-ish design.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it is, i doubt it will be 150 mount but more like 125

It even has some precedent. As some people have pointed out, it has somewhat of an artistic connection to the upcoming expansion
    As you may recall, the "collect 50 mounts" which rewards the Albino drake was released before Wrath, and was actually the first true "drake" mount available (not counting nether drakes ofc)
    Somewhat related the Dragonhawks were the only available of those models when they were added at 100 (although the Sunreaver Dragonhawk followed shortly thereafter)