Holinka's recent blue tweet:
"I don't foresee any talent changes at this point. I do believe their healing received a recent buff."
So I think it's time to accept that there really won't be any proper changes at this point. The best we can expect is a bit better numbers tuning. As such, I think it's time we start discussing more important things that just how we all hate Celestalon and how our own ideas are so much better than theirs (I know I've been too focused on that thus far).
A lot of things have already been discussed on the "Alpha testers come here ! (Priest discussion)" thread, which we essentially hijacked and made into our disc specific thread, so one thing I'd like to do is try to consolidate a lot of the useful information that was posted there among all the "what if" and QQ posts.
What I'd like to see on this thread:
- Stat priorities
- how stats interact with our spells and mechanics
- which stats are our best throughput
- which stats have a cap and what that cap is
- if temporary stat increases (ie, trinket procs) will change our gameplay at all
- T17 2pc and 4pc dicussion
- Spell discussion:
- what our best abilities are
- when and why to use them
- when and why not to use them
- what's situational and what's never worth using
- Talent's discussion:
- what our go-to talents are
- why they're the go-to talents
- what our situational talents are and when to use them
- what talents are just trash and why
- Glyphs discussion:
- what glyphs are mandatory and why
- what glyphs are good optional extras and why
- what glyphs are situational and why
- what glyphs are trash to avoid and why
- Healing in different situations, what our jobs and priority is going to be:
- PvE 5 man dungeon healing
- PvE Small flexible raid healing (10-15 people)
- PvE Medium-large flexible size raid healing (15-25 people)
- PvE Mythic Raid Healing (20 people)
- PvP 2's Arena healing
- PvP 3's Arena healing
- PvP 5's Arena healing
- PvP Battleground healing
- PvP World PvP healing (Ashran etc)
- General tips and tricks and anything else interesting or useful you have found for the spec
What I DON'T want to see on this thread:
- Unjustified, subjective opinions (eg, "WoM is trash because I hate it and I won't accept it for a T100 talent, we deserve better so we shouldn't use it")
- Unconstructive QQ about the state of the spec - we have our other thread to complain about that stuff, this is about working out what we do have and how best to use it. (Eg. "OMFG FFS disc is so shit, just 1 button spam FML I cant play this shit until they fix it UNSUB NOW PLS druids OP disc useless blizzard sux")
- Random ideas about how you'd fix everything - again, we have our other thread to complain about that stuff, this is about working out what we do have and how best to use it. (Eg. "They need to remove atonement completely and then make flash heal generate evangelism and this and that")
- - - Updated - - -
Here are the major changes for disc in WoD:
- Binding Heal is now only available to Holy Priests.
- Evangelism is now available only to Discipline Priests.
- Hymn of Hope has been removed.
- Heal has been removed.
- Inner Fire has been removed.
- Inner Focus has been removed.
- Inner Will has been removed.
- Rapture has been removed.
- Renew is now available only to Holy Priests.
- Shadow Word: Death is now available only to Shadow Priests.
- Discipline and Holy Priests can add a self-damaging utility to Holy Fire through a new Major Glyph.
- Spirit Shell is now a level-75 talent, replacing Divine Insight for Discipline Priests.
- Strength of Soul has been removed.
- Train of Thought has been removed.
- Void Shift has been removed.
Ability Consolidation and Refinement
- Greater Heal has been renamed to Heal.
- Borrowed Time’s effects have been merged into baseline Power Word: Shield for Discipline Priests.
- Borrowed Time has been redesigned. It now increases the Priest's stat gains to Haste from all sources by 40% for 6 seconds.
- Holy Fire now lasts 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds).
- Pain Suppression no longer reduces the target’s threat by 5%
- Evangelism no longer affects the damage or mana cost of spells. Damage of affected spells have been adjusted to compensate.
- Focused Will now triggers from any damage taken instead of being limited to being the victim of any damage above 5% of total health or being critically hit by non-periodic attacks.
- Power Word: Shield now has a chance for a critical effect based on critical strike chance and can Multistrike based on Multistrike chance for all specializations.
- Cascade’s Mana cost has been reduced by 67%.
- Discipline and Holy: Cascade now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast, see also: Instant Cast Heals), heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Divine Star’s Mana cost has been reduced by 67%, and now follows standard AoE capping rules.
- Discipline and Holy: Divine Star now heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Halo’s Mana cost has been reduced by 67%, and now follows standard AoE capping rules.
- Discipline and Holy: Halo now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast, see also: Instant Cast Heals), heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Level-15 and Level-60 talent rows have swapped places.
- From Darkness, Comes Light has been split into two abilities depending on the Priest's specialization.
- Surge of Light (Discipline, Holy) activation chance has been reduced to 8% (down from 15%).
- Power Infusion now grants 25% Haste (up from 20%), but no longer increases damage (down from 5%).
- Solace and Insanity has been split into Power Word: Solace for Discipline and Holy, and Insanity for Shadow.
- Twist of Fate now only triggers from healing for Discipline and Holy Priests, and only triggers from damage for Shadow Priests.
- Angelic Feathers now increases movement speed by 60% (down from 80%). If cast on players, will always prefer the casting Priest over others, then pick the player closest to the targeted location. If there are no players where it is targeted, it will still create a feather that can be picked up, as before. Additionally, when collecting multiple feathers, the duration will be extended instead of replaced; up to a maximum of 130% of base duration.
- Enlightenment is a new passive ability for Discipline Priests.
- Enlightenment increases the critical healing chance of Prayer of Mending by 10%, and increases stat gains to Critical Strike from all sources by 5%.
- Holy Nova is no longer available through a Major Glyph, and is instead a Discipline specialization spell. Its mana cost has been lowered and its healing increased. It is intended as the efficient area-of-effect (AoE) healing spell for Discipline Priests.
- Prayer of Mending from multiple Priests can now be on the same target, and can be on multiple targets from the same Priest, but the ability has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast). (See also: Instant Cast Heals)
- Shadowfiend no longer restores mana.
- Mindbender now restores 0.75% mana per hit (down from 1.75% mana).
- Void Tendrils now have 10% of the Priest’s health (down from 20%), and damage dealt to the rooted target is now also dealt to the Void Tendril itself.