Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    With the 955, I'd expect medium to be well playable!

(Probably less if you're not super-fuzzed about needing 60fps, but I see people saying they recommend 60FPS since it will flow smoother than other)
    Pretty much on Ultra settings (No AA) at 40-60 fps, never dips below 40 and is usually way up in the 50's
    But as you can see in my sig, that is on a heavily OC'd machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Pretty much on Ultra settings (No AA) at 40-60 fps, never dips below 40 and is usually way up in the 50's
    But as you can see in my sig, that is on a heavily OC'd machine.
    You have a 6900-series, and most likely a 2GiB version. He has a HD6870 1GiB.

Deleted
    You have a 6900-series, and most likely a 2GiB version. He has a HD6870 1GiB.
    Yeah, when I tried to look at his CPU-Z it said invalid link, it was only after I made the post I discovered he had a question mark right after it.

I am running BF3 on ultra (1080p) with AA on 2x and AF on 8x on a E8400 clocked to 3.6Ghz with a 6850 clocked to 980mhz... And its perfectly playable with just occasional fps drops, am i missing something here? The benchmarks make it look unplayable on my setup..

Quote Originally Posted by dariok View Post
    I am running BF3 on ultra with AA on 2x and AF on 8x on a E8400 clocked to 3.6Gz with a 6850 clocked to 980mhz... And its perfectly playable with just occasional fps drops, am i missing something here?
    Resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by dariok View Post
    I am running BF3 on ultra with AA on 2x and AF on 8x on a E8400 clocked to 3.6Gz with a 6850 clocked to 980mhz... And its perfectly playable with just occasional fps drops, am i missing something here?
    What resolution, what FPS, where?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like medium for my GTX470 with an i5-2500k.

Good think my brothers going to the military in january, so i will ''borrow'' his 570 for half a year
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe these benchmarks, something's not adding up... I've got everything set to Ultra with AA turned down a bit and I'm seeing no less than 50 FPS in wide open areas with long draw distances and 60+ (hard to tell w/ v-sync on) when view isn't so expansive. 1920x1080 so it's not low res either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominouscloud View Post
    I don't believe these benchmarks, something's not adding up... I've got everything set to Ultra with AA turned down a bit and I'm seeing no less than 50 FPS in wide open areas with long draw distances and 60+ (hard to tell w/ v-sync on) when view isn't so expansive. 1920x1080 so it's not low res either.
    Turn AA back up to max. Make sure shadows are ultra. Make sure motionblur and HBAO is on max. Don't think you'd handle 64maps as good, unless you run a 2GiB-version.

Also, make sure you keep a program active that actually runs FPS-checks - looking at a FPS-counter outside combat/explosions and seeing near-60 is one thing, another in full-combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn AA back up to max. Make sure shadows are ultra. Make sure motionblur and HBAO is on max. Don't think you'd handle 64maps as good, unless you run a 2GiB-version.
    Yes, I set it to ultra, then set it to custom, matching all settings except AA which I tuned down to x2 and I only play on 64 player maps to increase the likelihood that there will be worse players than me at FPS in said matches =D Even then I'm seeing 60fps (or better Vsync is on) until I get into action and then I'm only getting dips during heavy effects.
    Last edited by Ominouscloud; 2011-10-27 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    I am hoping that the 1472 will turn into roughly 1200 at 1680x1050 - Then my MSI 580 Lightning will kick some ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you meassure VRAM useage?

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    How do you meassure VRAM useage?
    Download MSI Afterburner. It should have a graph among the others. Furthest down, iirc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Download MSI Afterburner. It should have a graph among the others. Furthest down, iirc.
    Ty, never browsed down and looked close on the 10-15 graphs.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    55-65 fps with everything at ultra (campaign only) 4320x900 resolution, i turned motion blur all the way down because it annoys the crap out of me,

for multiplayer (when it works) i run with a mix of high and ultra (recommended for surround/eyefinity users) running on full ultra lags very bad

Ok this is probably not a really good chart cuz I am playing that game everythign set to the max with an old q6600 +6950 and 4gb of ram (4yrs old computer) and playing in between 28-40 fps in caspian border. With my new rig (with the same 6950 2gb i am sure I will hit 50-70 fps.

The 1100t beating the 980 by so much is the most awesome thing on there.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    I really dont understand why people hate Motion Blur.... its the one thing that makes games look realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    I really dont understand why people hate Motion Blur.... its the one thing that makes games look realistic.
    When I spin in a circle it takes well more than half a millisecond for my vision to start Blurring.

Deleted
    No. All the other character movements look more realistic.