Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Im not surprised that 3DS failed very hard. I LMAOed when they released pokemon Black/White to the original DS. How stupid can you be? Its so retarded. What are they thinking with anyway?

And the name itself is pretty stupid. If they went back to the name "Gameboy 3DGeneration" maybe that would make them buy it. 3DS just sounds like a DS with 3D. Who wants to buy it? Parents like "hmmm a DSlite costs less than 3DS, ill buy that!" (When 3DS cost alot before they cut it 1/3).

The battery itself is so crap it can get. It only plays normal DS games for about 4-5 hours while the older one plays for 12 h +. Its a handheld Nintendo, how stupid can you get?

And nothing interested me at the start except SSFIV. Its beyond retarded that they release good titles much later, starting at this month.

The pen is another retarded flaw. Couldnt they have made it a touch screen? Who wants to play with a stick with a pen instead?

Im very happy with my SSFIV in 3DS ofc, but still, the battery life is so sad. Not to mention the retarded prices of old games. I mean 6.99 for Super Mario Land 2? Why? Should be 1.99 instead.

And they wont release good games anyway. Hello, give me Super Mario Land 3 and Wario Land 3 instead of releasing shity games every week? Dont Blizzard get it?

I hope the next gen pokemon is for 3DS. It got a good future, seeing that they might do Sunshine/Galaxy Mario to 3DS and making next gen Smash Bros for it.

The needed updates comes last November propably. DLC. Lol couldnt they have released this option earlier?

And now they wonder why they selled so bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Nintendo hasn't really brought much news since Gamecube..and what I hate about Nintendo is that they force you to buy a new console each 1-2 year if you want to keep playing the Nintendo games. The last good handheld console Nintendo brought was Gameboy Advance SP.

The first Nintendo DS should have been the one that is out now (and even than it's few years behind on tech)...no they rather release a crappy prototype and leech money. (it's like Apple really, the only difference is that Apple has quality products..maybe bit overpriced but still)

First off, when has nintendo ever made anyone buy a console every 1-2 years to keep playing the latest nintendo games.. I cant really remember having any problems running anything nintendo did on its main franchises from the first version og the DS to it's last (DSi XL?). I cant remember nintendo doing the same for the wii either (maybe improved wii controller *i forget the name*) but not a whole brand new console.

Why can't Nintendo stick with classic controllers (and consoles) and add those special things as a bonus if the consumer requests. I'd play the new Zelda with the gamecube controller over the WII any day if it was possible.

controllers have always been changing.. if consoles didnt try to innovate or change we would still be using a joystick with 2 buttons.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Im not surprised that 3DS failed very hard. I LMAOed when they released pokemon Black/White to the original DS. How stupid can you be? Its so retarded. What are they thinking with anyway?

And the name itself is pretty stupid. If they went back to the name "Gameboy 3DGeneration" maybe that would make them buy it. 3DS just sounds like a DS with 3D. Who wants to buy it? Parents like "hmmm a DSlite costs less than 3DS, ill buy that!" (When 3DS cost alot before they cut it 1/3).

The battery itself is so crap it can get. It only plays normal DS games for about 4-5 hours while the older one plays for 12 h +. Its a handheld Nintendo, how stupid can you get?

And nothing interested me at the start except SSFIV. Its beyond retarded that they release good titles much later, starting at this month.

The pen is another retarded flaw. Couldnt they have made it a touch screen? Who wants to play with a stick with a pen instead?

Im very happy with my SSFIV in 3DS ofc, but still, the battery life is so sad. Not to mention the retarded prices of old games. I mean 6.99 for Super Mario Land 2? Why? Should be 1.99 instead.

And they wont release good games anyway. Hello, give me Super Mario Land 3 and Wario Land 3 instead of releasing shity games every week? Dont Blizzard get it?

I hope the next gen pokemon is for 3DS. It got a good future, seeing that they might do Sunshine/Galaxy Mario to 3DS and making next gen Smash Bros for it.

The needed updates comes last November propably. DLC. Lol couldnt they have released this option earlier?

And now they wonder why they selled so bad?
    can you be any more ignorant? how has it failed when its sold nearly as fast as its predecessor in a very volatile economy.

Do you also know its nintendo and not blizzard who make the 3ds?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd pick better names, The Wii-U just sounds horrible.

What was actually wrong with the name Revolution?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I wish they'd pick better names, The Wii-U just sounds horrible.

What was actually wrong with the name Revolution?
    yeah i agree they sometimes have horrible names, which are made worse by sometimes having good "code" names for developement. It makes sense to stick with the name which people especially parents have come to know though. Alot of parents still dont know the difference between playstation and xbox etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post

controllers have always been changing.. if consoles didnt try to innovate or change we would still be using a joystick with 2 buttons.
    I think that it's less about innovating newer controllers and more about games getting more and more complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I'll be happy to give them $70 of my money for Skyward Sword, and perhaps another $170 + $40 for a 3DS and SM 3DLand.

Nintendo only made two mistakes this generation. Overestimating the attachment rate of the Wii with casual gamers, and not picking something technologically easier for 3rd party developers, alienating possible ports. The WiiU won't appeal to casual gamers the same way, so I'm not sure how that will turn out, but the WiiU's improved tech specs and more traditional controls will likely help with 3rd party support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I think that it's less about innovating newer controllers and more about games getting more and more complicated.
    innovation [ˌɪnəˈveɪʃən]
    n
    1. something newly introduced, such as a new method or device
    2. the act of innovating

i think that could be used to describe the evolution of controllers in that image.

10+ Year Old Account
    innovation [ˌɪnəˈveɪʃən]
    n
    1. something newly introduced, such as a new method or device
    2. the act of innovating

i think that could be used to describe the evolution of controllers in that image.
    Not sure I read your post right, but if I did, that's not what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Just remake Mario and .... oh wait...

But seriously, get away from motion gaming. There is nothing wrong with using a controller. When I game I don't wanna swing my arms around like a moron, I wanna sit on my couch or in my chair doing absolutely nothing.
    Precisely, if I want to move my body it'll be every other Sunday for an hour in the park like it always has been. If I want to play video games then I want to veg out on the couch and get immersed in QUALITY games that suck me in, not that crap Nintendo has put out. I haven't played an immersive Nintendo game since Goldeneye.

Deleted
    Not sure I read your post right, but if I did, that's not what I meant.
    if a game becomes more complicated it doesnt really mean its more innovative (or it could do with a new engine etc), but when a "more complicated" game needs another new type of control to be able to use it properly, after the controller is made and works properly, that imo is innovation.

It would totally depend on how you refer to innovation, but imo the first console controller which featured single / dual analog sticks was innovation. Same with the DS and dual screens etc..

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Precisely, if I want to move my body it'll be every other Sunday for an hour in the park like it always has been. If I want to play video games then I want to veg out on the couch and get immersed in QUALITY games that suck me in, not that crap Nintendo has put out. I haven't played an immersive Nintendo game since Goldeneye.
    its an opinion which is cool, but like some people (critics or ppl lucky enough to have played it) have said zelda with its motion controls have been made into the most immersive combat they have ever experienced. So it all boils down to personal choice and preference.

Personally i would like people to have the choice of either using a "classic" controller and a good motion controller.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2011-11-04 at 10:45 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If Nintendo made a standard, non gimmick based console, with non gimmicky games, I'd buy it. They need to get back to their roots and recapture that magic they had with the N64.

Give us Zelda games that are more similar to OoT, and Mario games that are more similar to Super Mario 64. Get rid of motion gaming, and make games that don't suck, that will win over the hardcore gamers again. Every Mario and Zelda game after OoT and 64 had some kind of boring gimmick. Shooting water in Mario Sunshine, turning into a wolf in twilight princess, the graphics of Wind Waker.

I want a new console that can stand on its own with no stupid gimmicks, with good third party support, and classic Nintendo titles that don't suck.

Also, here's a recipe for instant success. Take the art style and gameplay style of OoT, with the graphical quality of Twilight Princess, and slap that onto a remake of Link to the Past. Instant game of the year. Then base the next 10 years of Zelda games on that, just like they've been basing everything off Wind Waker...
    Funny, the Nintendo 64 was a colossal failure when the Playstation came out, that pretty much sealed the deal. Not their own game developers fault though, it was that asshat old fuck Yamauchi who screwed them over. Same goes for the Gamecube, they wanted to make money trying to use old hat hardware like cartridges and the crappy 2GB mini DVD's (cartridges work great for portable consoles mind you because they are fast for loading and now hold considerable amounts of data) and having strict rules for 3rd party developers rather then letting them do their own thing and using a data storage format like CD's and regular DVD's which were already a standard in homes at the time of those consoles release.

The Wii was a different direction and more an aim to draw in new gamers as well as make a profitable system for the company that would allow them to put out a substantially more powerful console in the future. And why do more of the same? People will get bored with it unless you are one of those COD and Halo d-bags who think that 'ZOMG GRAPHIX AND BLOOD!!!!' make a game good. By the way, Super Mario Galaxy was as much an ADD child's game as Super Mario 64, just because the console based platformers have a different direction and style doesn't make them sad. If anything, Super Mario 64's design is now a bland and boring adventure with zero fun qualities to it. Nintendo isn't known for repeating their designs ad nauseum, especially ones that are huge sellers.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    And 5 bucks says you, like a wide array of gamers, are probably overweight and too bloody lazy to lift your arms. Oh, and if you want to complain, then complain about Kinect since you actually have to stand up to play games, I'd rather not look like that much of a retard playing video games. Don't forget the Playstation vibrator as well, rather hilarious that Nintendo does it first and everyone else copies them, Microsoft and Sony are the definition of jack of all trades, but masters at none when it comes to gaming innovation since neither of them could have ever came up with a clever idea like the Wii controller until Nintendo actually did it.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 07:03 PM ----------

Games aren't getting more complicated, in fact the only games with any amount of complex control schemes are fighting games, everything else is just primitive. Shooters on consoles haven't become any more accurate with control sticks without some sort of locking or aim assist to help you shoot people, hence why PC shooter players have quicker response times to making kills in a game, because they are also more accurate. Game development is pretty much at a stand still, nothing is advancing, nothing is innovating and it's more of the same schlock we have had for the last 8 years or so basically. More games designed exactly like Halo, with the same primitive and lacking story plots and mediocre visual pallets, as well as sub par multiplayer experiences that will never hold up to the fun and hilarity that people would have with Goldeneye on the N64. Online play has severely disconnected the gaming audience from the fun factor and what made people love local multiplayer games when I was younger. People also try to act like their casual gimped shooters on their consoles are some sort of gift from God by acting like complete and utter d-bags online.

Deleted
    can you be any more ignorant? how has it failed when its sold nearly as fast as its predecessor in a very volatile economy.

Do you also know its nintendo and not blizzard who make the 3ds?
    1. Ignorant? Its because of pkmn white/black being released on the normal DS they had to cut their price 1/3. Even if i dont know the reason really, i knew they had to do something about it..
    Lmao so they cut the price 1/3 just randomly for lols?

2. I misspelled there. Most of the time i just flame Blizzard so..

I've hated nintendo since Mario Party 5. Fourth one was like...my fucking childhood. 5th was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Pokemon mmo, done well. But its too late now blizz basicly stole the idea now with the pets in MoP. Shame that nintendo always said no to every 3rd party project.
    <<insert funny stuff here>>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    1. Ignorant? Its because of pkmn white/black being released on the normal DS they had to cut their price 1/3. Even if i dont know the reason really, i knew they had to do something about it..
    Lmao so they cut the price 1/3 just randomly for lols?

2. I misspelled there. Most of the time i just flame Blizzard so..

yeah its pretty ignorant that you would write something in a thread which has been talking about nintendo, 3ds etc for 10+ pages but you totally ignore all that and instead just write your opinion. You start your comment with "Im not surprised that 3DS failed very hard", even though people have been posting that it was almost keeping up with the DS sales in its first 5-8 months (both pre price cut and post). I do think your right about pokemon being released at roughly the same time as the 3ds was a bad idea and maybe affected sales but im sure i wasnt the only person who bought pokemon black and played it on the 3ds.

Touch screen? it is a touch screen or do you mean multi touch? which nintendo probably looked into.. but anyway it would have made the 3ds cost more and probably would drain the already very average battery life faster. So if you think about it, it would probably make more sense to leave it out of its first design (just like dual analog).

I think it was fair to say that releasing the 3ds for nearly double the price for some places (europe.. lame) in a global recession was not one of the greatest idea's nintendo has ever had, especially when not releasing an AAA first party title along with it. But since nintendo have just had one of the best selling home consoles, and handheld console of all time.. i dont think we can question how they price, and market their devices. I dont think the price cut was just because of its sales because they werent that bad, maybe not as high as they were expecting but for anyone other than nintendo they would have probably been very satisfactory. Bad wii sales, PSvita announcements, upcoming holiday season etc all could have affected nintendo's decision to have such an early price cut. This made more surprising since they had started releasing more first party games, but also with both mario kart and mario 3d world (two of the biggest first party games) coming out before the new years... so anyway it will be interesting to see how well they do in the next few months.

also i dont think nintendo are as bad as activision.. not yet at least

Nintendo hasn't really brought much news since Gamecube..and what I hate about Nintendo is that they force you to buy a new console each 1-2 year if you want to keep playing the Nintendo games. The last good handheld console Nintendo brought was Gameboy Advance SP.

The first Nintendo DS should have been the one that is out now (and even than it's few years behind on tech)...no they rather release a crappy prototype and leech money. (it's like Apple really, the only difference is that Apple has quality products..maybe bit overpriced but still)

Why can't Nintendo stick with classic controllers (and consoles) and add those special things as a bonus if the consumer requests. I'd play the new Zelda with the gamecube controller over the WII any day if it was possible.
    Um...Haha...What are you talking about. Nintendo shouldn't release hardware revisions that people want? Everyone does it from home consoles, mp3 players, laptops, iPads, even the PSP had 4 revisions. None of these upgrades are necessary or forced on you and guess what all of them played their originally released format...oh wait except for the PSPgo, but where not here to talk about actual failures that didn't sell. You guys like to make up facts about 3DS selling poorly and Pokemon being a 3rd party game. What's up with the Streetfighter guy being overly ignorant about touch screens. DS/3DS all have Resistive touch screens. Capacitive touch screens cost more money and don't work well on a gaming platforms right now. Your fingers get in the way, but that doesn't mean you can use your fingers the stylus just adds more precision. I do agree all the rehashed DLC is extremely overpriced, so I ignore it and give them exactly that as feedback and move on.