10+ Year Old Account

Question problems using windows live movie maker and fraps

hey guys/gals. i went to record some of the craziness that is the LFR on the PTR earlier, and when i went to put the movie clips into WLMM, all the shows up is a black screen. now, ive been using WLMM for a while and its never done this to me before. and i just installed the update for fraps and it still does it. i also uninstalled and reinstalled WLMM and still no good. any tips?

Try uninstall and reinstall fraps, happens sometimes because of codec mess-up.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Try uninstall and reinstall fraps, happens sometimes because of codec mess-up.
    still the same black screen on WLMM. its just odd how it all of a sudden started doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you install any additional codecs? (K-Lite Codec pack for example?) if so, remove them. I had the same problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Did you install any additional codecs? (K-Lite Codec pack for example?) if so, remove them. I had the same problem.
    no, it was just the regular version of fraps unless it comes with it now. im not great with codecs lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the K-Lite codec pack wouldn't come with FRAPS, you would have downloaded and installed it separately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    No, the K-Lite codec pack wouldn't come with FRAPS, you would have downloaded and installed it separately.
    ok. it seems this is specifically a WLMM problem. i just tried to put a movie in it that had nothing to do with fraps. black screen there too.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try downloading and installing the K Lite Codec Pack. I found I had to update my codecs when this happened. When you are selecting the type to install I use the mega and then I install everything but the classic media player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Try downloading and installing the K Lite Codec Pack. I found I had to update my codecs when this happened. When you are selecting the type to install I use the mega and then I install everything but the classic media player.
    ok, i see no where that i can choose not to install the media player. ive installed it and it only lets u open flv files...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    ok, i see no where that i can choose not to install the media player. ive installed it and it only lets u open flv files...
    During the program installation at the start it will ask you what type of installation you would like. Click on the drop down menu and it should say "Lots of stuff" then below that "Lots of stuff without media player". After the codec pack is installed you go back to using Windows Live Movie Maker and you should be able to access the files.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use intelligent Video Convert if it is short enough of a fraps, if it is longer I use intelligent Video Joiner (results can be found http://www.youtube.com/user/WeilandOh1 )

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen this asked yet: you say you get a black screen in WLMM, but what if you try to open the raw video file in WinAmp or WMP? Before troubleshooting WLMM, you should at least confirm that your raw recordings are valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I haven't seen this asked yet: you say you get a black screen in WLMM, but what if you try to open the raw video file in WinAmp or WMP? Before troubleshooting WLMM, you should at least confirm that your raw recordings are valid.
    the raw file opens and plays fine with windows media player.

Cauldin: i have looked all over for the "add lots of stuff" button but i cannot find it anywhere. i have downloaded just the codec pack and its still doesn't work.

I have the exact same issue.
    My raw footage works fine, plays in vlc, windows media player and what else. But when I open it inside Windows Live Movie Maker it all goes bonanza.
    In the left window it just shows black ... very odd. I tried to render it anyways, but I just get a black movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of Fraps users report this issue when they remove FRAPS from their system (or didn't get a clean install) as the Codec needed to decode the RAW data saved by fraps is the FPS1 codec. Usually the problem is either the FPS1 codec is corrupt, not present, or has been superseded by a different codec. (IE a new codec has taken priority over that extension)

Deleted
    I have another problem-I can't save the movie. Importing,editing and saving the project file was fine,but when I tried saving it as an mpeg4 and after that as an wmv, it just stayed stuck at 0%.I'm using windows 8(I know,I'm cursed) and I admit - I'm using bandicam instead of fraps. The video plays just fine in the preview player, however on the movie strip there isn't a picture of the first frame of that part of footage,but instead just some grey lines like a visual representation of sound.HELP PLOX

Please create a new thread for your issue. Software get outdated, no need to bring up a near-two year old thread for yours.