Deleted

RBG Prot Warrior Resilience

Just looking for some info from some high rated RBG Prot warrior fc's

I'm sitting on 4629 resilience. and was thinking of levelling up blacksmithing for the extra 80 resilience

is it worth it or is DR to much at at 4600+ ?

Thanks
    Armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nclad/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    A.) There is no diminishing returns on resilience.

B.) Some will tell you to stack resilience.

C.) Some will tell you not to stack resilience and instead go for a mix because with a mix you're more useful as something other than a meat shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    It gets diminishing returns after a certain amount. It continues to increase in value point for point even after that AFAIK.

Id recommend reading my sticky post at the top of this forum on how resil scales. Resilience as a whole has increasing returns, despite the diminishing returns on it's rating. I have actually done the math on stacking resil vs stam and the conclusion I came to was that although stacking stam gives you a tiny bit more EH (for me it was like 300k vs 302k EH or something like that) resil is better over all because it reduces the damage you are taking as well as indirectly increasing the effectiveness of heals on you.

I have been working on another guide that breaks down resil vs stam in detail with graphs, but I have been busy lately so it likely wont be finished until this weekend. In the mean time let me simply say my personal recommendation for RGB flag carriers is to gem/enchant for maximum resilience.

Hehe yeah I was gonna point out my man Eldacar's post Moderator because they do have diminishing returns.

On one hand I'd say go for it if you run a very very serious RBG and are aiming for the top.

But I have a feeling resilience is gonna suck in 5.0 and while it is still far away it may be a waste of time and money to level Blacksmithing for 80 resil, when 4.6k is A LOT.

Deleted
    Considering that a Prot-Warriors role is primarily survival I don't really see any contest to anything but resilience. It's almost the best PvP stat and by far the best survival stat.

And I wouldn't worry about patch 5.0 just yet. That's still a good 5 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    A.) There is no diminishing returns on resilience.

B.) Some will tell you to stack resilience.

C.) Some will tell you not to stack resilience and instead go for a mix because with a mix you're more useful as something other than a meat shield.
    Actually there is a very small diminishing return on resilience since patch 4.1. Here is the note:

Resilience scaling has been modified for linear returns, as opposed to increasing returns. Under the new formula, going from 30 resilience to 40 resilience gives players the same increase to survivability as going from 0 to 10. Resilience now scales in the same way armor and magic resistances do. A player with 32.5% damage reduction from resilience in 4.0.6 should see their damage reduction unchanged in 4.1. Those with less than 32.5% will gain slightly. Those with more will lose some damage reduction, increasingly so as their resilience climbs.

So the DR does drop a little bit, but it is only a few percent from what it could have been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    And I wouldn't worry about patch 5.0 just yet. That's still a good 5 months away.
    Wait, what? Just 5 months until 5.0? I would've guessed 7 or 8, this has officially made my day.

Either way, go for resilience all the way. Stamina's useless as a flagcarrier as are offensive stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's worth your time to drop a profession and level BS for 80 resil. That's about .5% damage reduction. Which should be practically impossible to notice and is not going to improve your chances.

But then I never felt compelled to gimp my set for arms and fully gem resil just to get an extra 3% damage reduction when you get up to a 100% damage increase debuff on you.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    thanks for the reply guys. and gona read your sticky now, but from i levelled JC and regemd for max resilience, i have to admit. damn. if i got one healer with me. its insane. like tonight ina rbg. 6 stacks. only had 1 pally healer with me..

arcane mage. hunter. warrior. F-Druid attacked. we blew all cds it even ticked over to 7th stack. hit shield wall. reflect. got a cyclone reflect and got the cap was insane. and i know b4 when i was round 4300 i wouldn't have lasted,

but thanks for the tips..
    if it will help at all. think ill level BS :P
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2011-10-27 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irloki View Post
    Actually there is a very small diminishing return on resilience since patch 4.1. Here is the note:

Resilience scaling has been modified for linear returns, as opposed to increasing returns. Under the new formula, going from 30 resilience to 40 resilience gives players the same increase to survivability as going from 0 to 10. Resilience now scales in the same way armor and magic resistances do. A player with 32.5% damage reduction from resilience in 4.0.6 should see their damage reduction unchanged in 4.1. Those with less than 32.5% will gain slightly. Those with more will lose some damage reduction, increasingly so as their resilience climbs.

So the DR does drop a little bit, but it is only a few percent from what it could have been.
    No. Look, see that part I highlighted? Linear. Except it's still better than linear.

You can't, in such a broad sense, say that resilience has diminishing returns when, in said broad sense, it still has exponentially positive returns.

It's just not wildly exponentially positive like it used to be.

The only 'diminishing return' is the raw reduction percentage per rating. Not survivability, not effective health, not relative gain.

That resilience has diminishing returns is effectively a myth. The only people who understand how it could be seen to have a diminishing return are also the ones who know empirically that it does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Irloki, resil did have linear scaling after 4.1 hit, but somewhere between then and now it got stealth buffed to increasing returns. Check out the graphs in my sticky post to see how it scales now. It doesn't have HUGE increasing returns, but they do increase moderately over time. As Stanton says resil having DR is a myth propagated by the DR on it's rating and a general misunderstanding of how resil works.

Hehe yeah I was gonna point out my man Eldacar's post Moderator because they do have diminishing returns.
    As much as I hate to correct someone givin me props resil has increasing returns, not diminishing =(( Still <3 tho!

Deleted
    Levelled BS, sitting on 4708 Resilience, my pally healer for RBG is loving it :P