Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    More importantly, is it ranged or melee?
    Its melee and follows them.
    Its very small too. I mean REALLY small, no Screenshots though, sorry. Will get some tonight on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Peadoughbare View Post
    Its melee and follows them.
    Its very small too. I mean REALLY small, no Screenshots though, sorry. Will get some tonight on PTR
    Well, I'll settle for that. As long as it can keep up generally.

As for the 990 stacked strength trinket... it's just that strength is so good that it is the perfectly itemized trinket. You can't get any better stat allocation. In terms of budget, it's still the same as any other trinket at its item level, it just only has strength - which is the best stat, obviously.

Elitistjerks puts Gurthalak well ahead of the other weapons with the proc alone being worth 1667 dps for the normal mode of the sword. Unless it gets nerfed, it will be our BiS by far. Also Internal CD of 55-60 seconds so far. Most seem to be 57 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Well the thing about the trinkets (to me, at least) is they have a set amount of points for any given stat. The weight of the stat just varies. It might be twice the strength of H Vessel, but that also has the crit on it, which in terms of pure points, I would imagine is pretty close to that 990.
    Whilst vessel heroic probably has in the ballpark of more stats in face value (1 of something = 1 of something else), crit isn't as good as strength for us by a long way. Say you weight it at half (which is generous), this 990 str trinket is still around 30-40% better than the vessel. Which doesn't seem to add up, unless blizzard decided to just put a huge boost to gear inflation this tier. The only downside naturally is that it's a Naaru Sliver/Fury of the five flights type stacking trinket, which does reduce its value somewhat.

Nevertheless, it's still an awesome list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Whilst vessel heroic probably has in the ballpark of more stats in face value (1 of something = 1 of something else), crit isn't as good as strength for us by a long way. Say you weight it at half (which is generous), this 990 str trinket is still around 30-40% better than the vessel. Which doesn't seem to add up, unless blizzard decided to just put a huge boost to gear inflation this tier. The only downside naturally is that it's a Naaru Sliver/Fury of the five flights type stacking trinket, which does reduce its value somewhat.

Nevertheless, it's still an awesome list.
    Oh I know that this trinket blows the crap out of vessel. I was merely commenting on the fact that blizzard (seems to) make trinkets based on those numbers and not how good the stats are for a given class or spec. It's all about the budget for itemization points. This spends it all on strength instead of a combination of stats, but its still got the same budget as any other trinket of its level (it just uses the budget better).

Does this List also count for Normal as well? or are some things different?

Sorry if I'm necroing this post :/

Deleted
    First off, thank you to Anaxie for doing this as always.

I would just say that there is no equivalent to the 4.2 crystallized firestone so unfortunately we will be without a 410 cloak, relic and surprisingly, neck. Only the 397 valor items for those slots.

I think it has been commented on as well but the sheer amount of mastery on our tier/off-set piece and other non tier items is stunning. Following the tier of haste, we now enter the tier of mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PunnyDMF View Post
    First off, thank you to Anaxie for doing this as always.

I would just say that there is no equivalent to the 4.2 crystallized firestone so unfortunately we will be without a 410 cloak, relic and surprisingly, neck. Only the 397 valor items for those slots.

I think it has been commented on as well but the sheer amount of mastery on our tier/off-set piece and other non tier items is stunning. Following the tier of haste, we now enter the tier of mastery.
    I don't know what it is with blizzard and not putting stuff in raids for plate dps. I was screwed on my shoulders until last week because it's tier or nothing. There's no heroic strength cloak in firelands either. I don't get why they do that, when last I checked, other armor classes didn't have chunks of missing gear.

Bumping since people can't find it

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a fair assumption to say that, because of the lack of mastery, the mace is worse than the axe even with, say, the dwarf or human racial bonus?

Expertise racials might edge out mace>axe. The tier helm everyone will use already has 300+ expertise so you would likely cap expertise with just racial and helmet. Just glad I'm a draenei.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2011-11-24 at 07:13 PM.

I haven't done any of the math, but from a glance most of it looks good.

But why are we using offset shoulders over offset gloves?

The gloves offset has mastery on them while the tier ones don't and the shoulder offset and tier are more or less equal, depending on whether you're running a crit or haste build.

Deleted
    Interesting Retscum(xD) - possibly for 95% of ppl offset gloves will be bis, due to problems in getting 416ilvl shoulders via beating final boss. Killing 7/8 HC and building gearset around it will be much more available for non top-100 guilds.

I'm gonna farm the %^&$ out of the raids to get that Bone-link trinkey xD I'm loving Ret in 4.3 As it stands ive done no raids in Cata so far just Arena on my chars. 4.3 is gonna make me PvE alot more, loving the raid tool.

Derp. Ignore my post. I hadn't checked where any of the lewts dropped from and when I saw the Grimfist Crushers had a heroic version, I assumed it was off a boss. Valour gear :<.

wow...really helpful..thanks

How much of an increase is our Tier 13 over our current tier

Quote Originally Posted by Dallon View Post
    How much of an increase is our Tier 13 over our current tier
    just a comparison between set bonuses a rough estimate is t13 is 2.5 to 3k better than the t12 bonuses, then ofcourse you have a much better otemized set along with inflated stats from the higher item level, its a good chunk better.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Is the LFR and normal version of that BiS weapon better or worse than the normal Hammer of Rag?

LFR one seems worse, normal looks about same or slightly better(least looks like it), heroic is leaps and bounds better. Any confirmation please?
    Last edited by Ap0calypse; 2011-11-25 at 08:12 PM.