Deleted

Help with registers needed ;/

So i downloaded this program Registry cleaner or w/e
    Installed it and it said i had like 150 problems, and it fixed them for me, then asked me to restart my pc.
    I restarted it and then i cannot even start my skype, so i've decided to re-install the program...but probably now i've erased the back-up file, because i cannot find it anywhere ;/

Is there anyway to fix this?
    I've looked and my windows don't have any back up files i could use ;/

Sounds like you just downloaded a malware program. I'd get Malwarebytes, run it, and see what it coems up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    Sounds like you just downloaded a malware program. I'd get Malwarebytes, run it, and see what it coems up with.

It found some stuff, and I erased them.
    But i still have this problems with shortcuts and stuff.

Also i cannot play any videos, when i try it says that i dont have any codec, and when i to search for one it says there isnt any codec and stuff
    Cannot open some stuff from my control panel aswell...just some i can open, but others i can't >.<
    For example if i try to log into skype then i enter my user name and pw, it just open firefox with the directory of skype within ;/
    Is there anyway to fix that? Already tried to reinstall skype, but it didnt worked.
    Or i just have to reinstall my windows? ;//
    Last edited by mmoc2c33cfef99; 2011-10-27 at 12:42 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You want to use system restore to restore your computer to a time before this registry cleaning program ran. To access the system restore menu open up the Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Once inside system restore follow the on screen prompts and select a date and time prior to when you installed the registry cleaning program. Once system restore finishes successfully you should be back in business.

Deleted
    As I said in my first post there is none earlier date that I can restore my pc to...

Time to reformat your PC then.

Deleted
    Dont want to be rude, but... Dont touch reg-cleaners with a 5 ft pole unless you seriously know what you are doing.

And the fact that you got a malware infested one at that isnt exactly steller computer knowleadge either.

Regardless, cleaing the registry is... well quite a rare proceedure, why even do it in the first place considering how rarely it actually is needed?