Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    looking through the dungeon journal loot table... turns out, there are some new items available (e.g. Infinite Loop - Ring)

Deleted
    What I'm guessing the tier bonus will do is check upon activation/expiry of AP how much stack you have and reduce the CD appropriately.

I personally think that item=78366 (from the Wowhead ptr database) will be superior to the Tier shoulders for Fire mages, though of course that means using the tier gloves instead of off-set gloves

Quote Originally Posted by noremac View Post
    I just rechecked my math and you are right since it will be up for 15 out of every 20 seconds. You get 70 seconds off from the 4 piece bonus and you also account for the 15 seconds of time elapsed from first using AP for a total of 85 seconds off.

I already had a few questions in mind about the bonus but I doubt they can be answered before the patch goes live. For example since this is a stacking buff I would assume you can cancel it, so will it be possible to get 1 stack, click it off, and then get 10 more for 77 seconds off the CD rather than just 70? That would guarantee you 100% uptime.
    My guess is a debuff rather than a buff, much like ab nowadays

Deleted
    aside from speculating about how the 4P works, there are other factors. i've worked on a comparison for T12 normal and T13 normal to see how much int we gain (and therefore how much mana).

http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items...07.52207.52207 is what i would see as optimal for T13 normal modes.

the helmet seems to be the best offset item, because this way, we get VERY close to 1742 hitrating (and i'm pretty sure that if you change the reforging around a bit, you can get closer). for the rest, a lot of the items have mastery. i don't know that much about arcane reforging, but this seems pretty optimal. please remember that compared to 12 normal modes we gain almost 1K int (15K mana) and a lot of extra secondary stats, in exchange for something like 43 crit rating and the 4P bonus. and that's not even counting the 880 int we (for now) get from the trinket. if we discount the trinket, we get about 113K mana raidbuffed (i think, might be wrong here), 60% of which is 67800 mana. that's how much we can spend on our burn phase.

now, i'm probably grossly oversimplifying it, but this could be a start for t13 normal mode BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire BIS list ( What i've come up with so far, also plan on having engi-tinker on gloves ): http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.0.0.0.0.165

Is this arcane list a joke? The 4pt12 is a fairly weak bonus, the static int from a couple higher ilvl upgrades will make up for the lost 4pt12 bonus, not to mention the t13 bonuses are very strong for arcane.

Fire list looks ok, but the arcane list is incredibly poor.

Quote Originally Posted by tlo View Post
    Is this arcane list a joke? The 4pt12 is a fairly weak bonus, the static int from a couple higher ilvl upgrades will make up for the lost 4pt12 bonus, not to mention the t13 bonuses are very strong for arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I gathered it was a work in progress by the missing items, but I was still amazed he would even consider not upgrading the 4pt12. It takes very little knowledge of arcane mages to know it would be an upgrade regardless of how the new set bonuses operate.

Didn't mean to be rude, was just dumbfounded bros!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlo View Post
    I gathered it was a work in progress by the missing items, but I was still amazed he would even consider not upgrading the 4pt12. It takes very little knowledge of arcane mages to know it would be an upgrade regardless of how the new set bonuses operate.

Didn't mean to be rude, was just dumbfounded bros!
    I do know the 4-piece is amazing for Arcane, but the problem is finding the right item to switch out. When this hangover passes, I'll finish the lists to quell complaints. Just...gimme some time, I feel as bad as...as bad feeling person.

Deleted
    take a look at this list.

ItemId Slot Name
    78701 Head Time Lord's Hood
    78547 Neck Opal of the Secret Order
    78748 Shoulders Time Lord's Mantle
    78510 Back Nanoprecise Cape
    78729 Chest Time Lord's Robes
    78417 Wrist Bracers of the Banished
    78461 Hands Gloves of Liquid Smoke <=better ilvl, more intellect.
    78391 Waist Cord of the Slain Champion
    78720 Legs Time Lord's Leggings
    78449 Feet Janglespur Jackboots
    78419 Finger Ring of the Riven
    78490 Finger Infinite Loop
    77995 Trinket Will of Unbinding
    60233 Trinket Shard of Woe <= not sure for that.
    71086 TwoHand Dragonwrath; Tarecgosa's Rest
    78548 Ranged Hungermouth Wand

+another caster in the raid equiped with "Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time" for the haste proc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Starting work on finalizing this version of the list.

Nzall, 113k raidbuffed mana is really low. I have 123k on live, and I'm nowhere near BiS gear.

Maybe you forgot enchants and gems?
    Last edited by Tradu; 2011-10-29 at 09:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finalized v2.

so much haste in this tier :/ alomst over 3k (without reforging ofc)

i think http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77991/i...orrupted-mind/ will be overkill with its haste proc :P and DW staff haste thing and will make our AB over gcd(which means spending more mana and our t13 4pc makes AB shorter so more mana!! so i think SOW will stay bis)

as arcane ofc-edit
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

15+ Year Old Account
    That was what I was thinking when I was putting the list together. Put it in to the WoWHead profiler first and saw a retarded amount of Haste, so I decided to stick with SoW for Arcane (for now, still need to do further testing).

Deleted
    for the normal list :

héroic flowform choker (majordomo) [item=71472] with the gem has more intellect than normal opal [item=77088]
    Bracers of Unconquered Power [item=71989] (crafted) are the best 397 bracers.

I spent a bit of time today doing reforging and messing around with SimCraft for stat weights. Here's what I came up with for Fire as a BiS list from the gear available:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4756/t13fire2.png (no DI, 57747 with)

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9484/t13fire1.png

(Didn't feel like resizing)

Interestingly enough it seems that Hit surpasses Int in terms of stat weights with this set.
    Last edited by nemex; 2011-10-30 at 12:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You think Kavan's are better than Janglespur? Also, you importing from RAWR into SimCraft or howdy doody?

Out of curiosity, why did you pick Chronoboost Bracers over Bracers of the Banished? This is an honest question, and not me trying to me rude or insult you, I’m just really bad with the intricate numbers and would like to know. Is the hit you’d lose from the Chronoboost Bracers large enough to discount the Red Socket?

213 Hit > 30 Int.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.