Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Tier 13 Armor Sets Model Preview, LFR PTR Testing, Blue Posts

Tier 13 Armor Sets Models Preview
    The Death Knight Tier 13 is finally here and we can now compare armor sets to see who got the prettiest one!

• All the armor sets screenshots should be fairly representative to what you will see in-game now, the color of visual effects on shoulders have been fixed, geosets should now be properly set, etc ...
    • A couple of sets got minor upgrades since the first previews, Druid and Warriors got a little more light effects on their shoulders for example.
    • Yes, individual classes/multi-races previews are coming, probably on very nice dedicated pages.

Death Knight
    Druid
    Hunter
    Mage
    Paladin
    Priest
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Warlock
    Warrior

Dragon Soul LFR Testing Now Open (10/26)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The first half of Dragon Soul is now testable through LFR. If you're level 85 and have an average item level above 365, you will be able to queue for the Siege of Wyrmrest Temple. The second LFR entry for the later half of the raid is not yet available.

This is VERY much a work in progress, the UI is in an unpolished state right now. Give it a try though!

PTR Raid Testing Schedule - Oct 26/27
    The following four bosses are available for testing in 10 and 25 player Normal Difficulties:

• Morchok
    • Warlord Zon'ozz
    • Yor'sahj the Unsleeping
    • Hagara

Note that Jacob McWeaksauce is at this instant turned off, so you will have to progress through the raid normally to test each boss.

HEROIC testing begins this afternoon, and will continue on throughout tomorrow.

10/26 14:30 PDT - Morchok 10 Player Heroic
    10/26 16:30 PDT - Yor'sahj the Unsleeping 10 Player Heroic

10/27 10:30 PDT - Hagara 10 Player Heroic
    10/27 14:30 PDT - Ultraxion 10 Player Heroic
    10/27 16:30 PDT - Spine of Deathwing 10 Player Heroic

As usual, this schedule is highly fluid and might change at a moment's notice due to build status, bugs, or other factors. I'll try to keep everyone up to speed as much as possible, but check back to this thread often.

New Guild Services Now Available - Updated
    Update! We've opened up guild services to two additional battlegroups, Whirlwind and Emberstorm, which include the following realms:

Antonidas, Anub'arak, Blackwater Raiders, Bladefist, Borean Tundra, Cairne, Cenarion Circle, Cenarius, Darrowmere, Drak'Tharon, Drenden, Echo Isles, Farstriders, Fenris, Garrosh, Hydraxis, Hyjal, Korialstrasz, Lightbringer, Maiev, Misha, Mok'Nathal, Moon Guard, Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Nordrassil, Quel'dorei, Ravenholdt, Rivendare, Shandris, Shu'halo, Sisters of Elune, The Forgotten Coast, Tortheldrin, Uther, Vashj, Winterhoof, Wyrmrest Accord

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pandas? Why??
    Blizzard has given the Panderan a rich culture and a specific way of thinking. A history that goes back beyond the sundering with their own struggles and accomplishments. They have an identity beyond "Look, its Pandas."
    This is something I want to touch on a bit more. People seem to think that Pandaren were a joke, a throw away easter egg that we never fully intended as a playable race.

I will direct you to recall the Warcraft RPG (pen and paper) manuals released in 2003. While much of it hasn't been canon for quite some time, the Pandaren occupy a greater amount of pages and space within the manuals to establish their lore and story than pretty much every other creature on Azeroth. To give it some context, they occupy the same number of pages as Trolls in the Monster Manual, and share the same amount space in the Alliance and Horde Compendium with Orcs or Humans, and just like them ... you guessed it... Pandaren were a playable race.

(there's also an awesome sketch Metzen did of a Pandaren, Dwarf, Furbolg, and Gnome hanging out all friendly-like)

As I said a lot of this was pre-World of Warcraft, and by whatever stroke of fate, Trolls and Forsaken became playable races and Pandaren, Naga, and Furbolgs did not. Some other mix could have just as easily been true, and no one would have questioned it. Worgen didn't even exist back then, of course, they were a new creation for World of Warcraft.

It would simply be inaccurate to state that Pandaren were a throw away. Our intent, going back to Warcraft III, when the vast majority of the world lore and story was established for the franchise, was always to have a deep and rich history for a race known as the Pandaren.

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Heroraces.jpg?c=1 There's the pic.
    Haha, yup, that's the one. Thank you. And this is actually a great resource covering the contents of the manuals, just please keep in mind that much of it is now highly inaccurate and the visual style of the Pandaren have changed quite a bit since then.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Pandaren (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

LFR ptr testing woooo

obligatory "first"

The LFR system would be so much cooler if I could do Ulduar on my level 80 twink =(
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Rogue I'M BATMAN!

staying off the PTR to have some discovering to do later...

10+ Year Old Account
    Still don't agree with Heroic modes for PTR's but whatever. And dk t13 is final then i guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter, Warlock and Paladin looks amazing! The rest are meh....
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-10-27 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really digging that silvery warlock set...

Deleted
    Cool! I'm gonna check it out this evening.Anyone know if there is a big ptr patch to download or is this a server based change?

I love the warrior set, just strange to have a character wear Deathwing's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    LFR ptr testing woooo

obligatory "first"
    I wonder when people will stop saying first...

Is it just the human model that makes pally gear look awful, because in those pics...it really really looks awful. (

Deleted
    pretty nice tier if you ask me. rogues and mages look a bit boring.

Deleted
    Warrior <3

mage helm 2 lights, shaman helm 3 bones...and yet i still think they look better than paladin

must say that the warrior set is the only good looking :S maybe druid aswell but aint really my thing :S

10+ Year Old Account
    That priest set, awesome.
    However, mage and paladin sets are horrible.

Deleted
    Every set look good, non of them are ugly. Cept for the paladin head piece, its just HUGE. Hope they can enter dungeons, i mean with a head like that i wont be suprized that they get the message. "Ur now allowed to mount here" Hunter and DK set looks a bit boring but no where near "Ugly" Overal good tier pieces..

For some reason the yellow red hunter set looks like iron man if i back out abit :]

I'm thinking Priest wins this round. But that's because I have a thing for Venetian carnival masks.

Deleted
    Priest set stands out for me, by a mile.