Deleted

10 man Heroic Alysrazorvs Heroic Beleroc

greetings fellow MMO people,

i am an officer of a nice 10 man guild. we currently have 3/7 down on heroic (namely Shannox, Rhyloth and Majordomo).
    now i am trying to decide wich one to try next, Alys or Beleroc. i want to do the "easiest" first since i like killing things

now my question to you, wich one would you pick to kill first and why? some firends are telling me beleroc is easier since the nerf. is that true?

love to hear your opinion on this matter.

Both require co-oridination however as a rule of thumb:

Baleroc HC - focuses heavily on your raid leader, making sure people know who is next on the shard (changing this up when link hits) and making sure healer knows who is healing what. The rest is just tank and spank.

Alszyor HC - focuses heavily on your groups awareness, having a couple of good flyers the rest is pretty much the same.

Deleted
    We found baleroc easier. The gap between Alysrazor normal to heroic is HUGE.

Deleted
    Definitely Alysrazor, Baleroc is hardest from first 6 post-nerfs (maybe on par with Beth),while Alys is super easy with tornado change and add hp nerf. You can even ignore meteors and just heal through cataclysm while stacked in the middle on 10man if you wish.
    That said, this is 10man, so even Baleroc is a joke with only 1 crystal, much less coordination needed.
    Super safe tactic is to have only 1 dps flying, so you kill anything down instantly and burn through Alys while she is lying down, it will take longer, but there is like nothing that can go wrong, that is if you dont get hit by that tornado parody.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2011-10-27 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    have to say alys would be what i would go for. i lead our 10m and we've had a lot of struggles with certain fights due to suboptimal group comps when we are lacking core raiders etc. as our spriest and our rogue have both been taking exams we've been short and had to lean on friends of friends (very small guild of about 20 active ppl) to work as stop-gaps. if you don't have that issue, and ppl are good at not getting hit by shit/playing up to their potential, i would def say alys. i prefer the execution based encounters more so than ones with rng. for our raid baleroc has caused us issues when a healer gets linked w/ someone with tormented, or ppl running thru the raid with tormented, etc. beyond countdown and the change to tormented though, the fight is a joke. regardless, i'd still say alysrazor. if your dps is good, your interrupts are good, people are capable of stacking up behind meteor, i'd say the whole encounter is overall more rewarding. mostly, in regards to baleroc, i listen to how my healers say they hate it. plus i think the baleroc loot is more or less shit. just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothra View Post
    We found baleroc easier. The gap between Alysrazor normal to heroic is HUGE.

in 10 man we found HC aly to be very easy, once you get your head round the differences and people realize that things that are minor damage on normal will now kill you fast, the fight will go down easy.

Baleroc however can be very annoying if you get linked at the wrong time with 2 people and a healer gets tormented.

Deleted
    Baleroc if your dps is good, alysrazor if not.

Why? Because with good dps you can 3 heal baleroc and go 2 people per crystal and everything is pretty easy. Alysrazor hc is just a rock you have to hide behind 2 times per burn phase and a bit more dmg taken, but it's still harder than baleroc with 3 healers because alysrazor hc while very similar to normal mode is more mistake prone.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-27 at 12:45 PM.

Imo Alys 10 hc is much easier than Baleroc 10 hc... It's mostly avoiding stuff.

Yes, Alysrazor > Baleroc.

Alys only took us 6 attempts total straight after the nerf, it takes a couple of tries for tanks to get used to DPSing the hatchling harder and for the hard nuking classes to get the meteor down sufficiently for the Fiery Wind thing. Obviously having 2 people up top who are competent enough not to fail (I actually struggle to see how people fall out of the sky tbh, I never have done when playing caster or melee) and good enough to do 50k+ dps makes the fight a whole lot quicker. We have either Fire Mage + Lock (never know what spec he's in) or Lock/SPriest or Lock/me (Muti or combat rogue).

However, Baleroc does not rely on the raid leader calling all of this out. We have set rotations of 2 people per crystal with 2 people as back ups for those who get the debuffed refreshed or get countdown. This means its down to your raiders being able to follow simple rotations and listen out for backup requirements from the crystal teams. 1 tank, 3 healers... doable with 2 now probably, we haven't bothered tryying as we miss the berserk timer by a large amount.

Deleted
    alysrazor is much much much easier. Tanks take quite abit of dmg. Switching away from dk, druid to war/pala made this almost triviel for us.

I found that learning Baelroc HM was challenging, but the fight itself is pretty trivial once everyone knows what to do. Alys HM is a joke though, go with that first. Beth honestly isn't hard either post-nerf, especially if you bring 3 healers to completely trivialize it.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakoda View Post
    greetings fellow MMO people,

i am an officer of a nice 10 man guild. we currently have 3/7 down on heroic (namely Shannox, Rhyloth and Majordomo).
    now i am trying to decide wich one to try next, Alys or Beleroc. i want to do the "easiest" first since i like killing things

now my question to you, wich one would you pick to kill first and why? some firends are telling me beleroc is easier since the nerf. is that true?

love to hear your opinion on this matter.
    Me and my guild found ALysrazor far easier than Baleroc we downed her after our first few tries

Deleted
    Alysrazor is a walkover like Majordomo. Just make sure to have som ranged there can slow the metores.

Personally I would do Beth'tilac before Baleroc. My group found Beth'tilac, post nerf, even easier than Alys. Alys still requires people to pay attention, but Beth, where the challenge had been your dps output, is no longer a huge challenge with the HP nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the healer setup too, if you dont have have a disc priest or a holy paladin, baleroc will be pain in the ass, while alys should be very easy.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2011-10-27 at 01:12 PM.

Alyzrazor is by far the easier boss in 10man, after the nerf it's not a really dps fight neither is it a healing fight and the tank(dps) can't really fail nowadays.
    The Baleroc fight is much more have more room for failure than Alyzrazor imo, baleroc feels a bit rng because of the link and debuffs...
    Aly don't feel much different on heroic from a dps POV, the only difference the meteor which is super easy to avoid.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aly is definately much easier than Bael. Just get down 1 meteor each time and thats the only new mechanic, have tanks do good dps and eat worms as normal and its rinse repeat like normal mode, with good dps you'll have her down during the 2nd phase 1. Druids with the hp nerf should die extremely quickly and birds should die a good 5-10seconds before firestorm (depends on tank dps), have people on ground floor assist the birds death only if the druids are dead. Beth & Bael are the hardest hcs in 6/7 region. We have everyone talking during Bael, saying who gets next shard, because we only have the first 5 shards solid setup, then people swap around due to debuffs go a bit crazy.