Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    You only have to see it in action on Rift. Some convenience is good (being able to dual spec), but too much makes it just lazy. As Calzaeth said, it's about balancing convenience.
    God, don't get me started on Rift. That is, bar none, the most unbalanced game I've personally played ever.

You know you can respec from commando healing tree to commando dps tree at anytime right? For a nominal fee its possible they said. So running around as a healer while questing using your companion isn't needed just switch your talent points to a dps tree

Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    You know you can respec from commando healing tree to commando dps tree at anytime right? For a nominal fee its possible they said. So running around as a healer while questing using your companion isn't needed just switch your talent points to a dps tree
    That being said, running around as a healer and getting the feel for keeping a tank alive by using your companion appears to actually be a viable gameplay style, as opposed to WoW where soloing as a healer is like pulling your own teeth out with rusty pliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    God, don't get me started on Rift. That is, bar none, the most unbalanced game I've personally played ever.
    When did you last play though? I would have agreed with you pre-1.5 patch. Its not there yet, but 1.5 was decent, 1.6 looks great. It's a fledgling AAA MMO - with the misfortune of launching in the same year as SWTOR. I can't strongly say I'll stay with it once SWTOR has its hooks in me. And even after that, 4.3 also looks alluring... DAMN YOU MMO DEVS, Y U MAKE ALL GAMES SO AWESOME.

And yes, to get back on track, the presence stat will make healer soloing better. Though seriously I can't imagine anyone feeling that badass after healing their companion through some elite mobs or whatever. As opposed to actually having been the one tanking/kiting/burning them down personally.

Totally agree, and as someone who leveled a priest holy all the way, it sounds cool.

But I was responding to him not wanting to heal companion, which is why I was bringing up respec.

But yeah from what I hear tanks and healers can level fine unlike wow and other games

Hey guys, I've been trying to find this in the compilation guides but to no avail. Basically, there is officially no dual spec at launch. But is this referring to advanced classes? Because, say I really look forward to playing a healing Commando in instances, there is no way in heck I want to quest/solo as a healer. (have any of you tried taking a resto shammy to do dailies in wow. Ugh. And I only have 1 resto pvp and 1 resto pve spec).

I understand that your companions helps with this, providing a complementary role. However, it is only about 60% as effective as a player, a bit more if micromanged properly. Will we be able to switch between.. roles? Like switch from the Trooper Commando's DPS to healing tree.

Sorry if this has been asked already.
    You will 100% be fine as a healer with companion while questing.

Though seriously I can't imagine anyone feeling that badass after healing their companion through some elite mobs or whatever. As opposed to actually having been the one tanking/kiting/burning them down personally.
    You won't just be healing.

Remember very few encounters in the quest world are 1v1, usually is 2-5 mobs per pack, with an elite or 2 mixed in.
    Your companion will be doing a lot of work damage wise, but you will need to throw out CC, possibly debuff and throw damage in while keeping your companion alive.

Soloing heroic 2s as a healer archetype is EXTREMELY fun. Also as long as you choose the healer AC you get the base healing abilities so you can level as operative,mercenary, sorc in the DPS tree and still heal just fine for HEROIC2s and 4s as well as flashpoints, through the leveling process.

I believe the devs have already answered that. All healing ACs that have Healing talent trees, they also have a DPS/Tank talent tree.

For example: The Smuggler can AC into:

A) Scoundrel = DPS/Healing
    B) Gunslinger = DPS/DPS

What that means is that the Scoundrel has 1 DPS talent tree, 1 Healing tree and the shared tree
    Likewise the Gunslinger gets 2 DPS trees and the shared talent tree.

You're not stuck as a healer by choosing an AC with healing. Just because it has healing capabilities, it doesn't mean that ALL it's talent trees are healing based. In our case you can level as a DPS Scoundrel and when you need heals, just go and respec.

To be honest, from what I gather, it's not unlike WoW. You only have your healing talents in 1 out of 3 talent trees.
    Last edited by Andeus; 2011-11-12 at 01:56 PM.