Thread: How to Disco?

10+ Year Old Account

How to Disco?

I lvld my priest as disc for 30ish to 85, once I hit 85 I hit a brick wall so i went shadow and loved it. I'm tired of healing everything on my shaman and want to start back on my priest(MoP talents for shaman make me sad).

I love the aa/a spec but when it comes to heroic 5man and za-zg I'm useless. I can heal FL on my shaman with my eyes closed but I wouldn't dare try to even pug heal on my priest. I think I'm just spoiled by shaman mastery and it makes disc heals look much weaker.

To the point:
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good Disc pve guide EJ seems a little out of date. And maybe even give me a few words of wisdom.

Cant link but his name is Wonderbred on Arthas(US), and I'm pretty sure I logged out in pvp gear but my disc set is about a 360ilvl gemmed and enchanted following EJ guide.

Thanks

Deleted
    There's a sticky at the top of this priest forum for Disc healing with some very useful guidelines.

What do you find difficult? Throughput, what spell to use when, who to heal, going out of mana? If you haven't got a Rapture timer, get one as priority 1, since it really helps structure things.

I normally advice people who want to disc priest heal on their alts to go SoS Disc to start with and mostly tank heal until they get the hang of Rapture CDs, Inner Focus, Power Infusion and Barrier use since it can be a bit complicated for new priests and A/AA adds another CD and another mechanic to keep in mind. Both are fine for raids and 5 mans tho. T11 raids are probably easier to heal than ZA/ZG so maybe give that a go?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I find difficult is when the group is taking alot of damage. Prayer just doesnt seem to hit hard enough. Single target I'm fine, Shield, pen, G heal if needed. I heal to keep grace up then fill with holy fire and smite. On loger fights I usually run into mana issues I try to pop fiend when power torrent and/or my cloak chant pops.

I think my real problem is I'm used to sham 1.5 sec Greater Healing Wave and mast that can bring a tank from ~10% to 80% in 1 riptide and GHW. disc heals just dont seem to hit hard enough.

Thread Lock.

Check the Disc guide in my signature. After you've finished reading the guide, go run some stuff, get a bit more gear, and see how you feel then.

Also, EJ, for healers, is good for raw numbers, but no so much awesome for learning execution.