Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

DISC - Reforge out of spirit?

Hello my fellow priests

I've got a question. How many of you reforged OUT of spirit, into haste / mastery?

I did that on my character and i think (not completely sure) it may have improved my healing substantially, though i have to pay much more attention to mana management. My toon is eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkmoon-faire/dragosutzu/advanced

Your thoughts pls
    Save the cheerleader - Save the world
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sutzu/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana management as a disc is a joke anyway, I operate at the very baseline of spirit and do well.

Deleted
    I've been doing the same, but not that extreme and I've mostly been picking up items without spirit and not reforging in it, rather than the other way around. Still need some extra spirit though, since rag heroic has some hight damage phases where I can't time my raptures as well as I would want to, so have to rely on spirit regen.

Deleted
    Yup you can reforge out all of your spirit and still have mana to do the job or well in my opinion anyways.

I have actually been trying to reach the lower limit that I can get while also having the 4pc set bonus, I think the lowest you can get is around 1k spirit and at the moment I have 1200 spirit without buffs and with no spirit trinkets or procs.

I am only half way into heroic 10 mans but so far mana has never been an issue or the main cause of a wipe.

Deleted
    i wonder

do you guy's raid heal or tank heal ?
    cause im doing 25H mode's and as raid healer i never can get enough spirit

I have a comfort zone of around 1.5k - 2K spirit, I really don't like to dip below that but seeing as I'm only 2/7 heroics I suspect that as I get better gear that number can go down, thought I suspect that some people that say mana as disc is a joke aren't really putting out their full potential or they're 3 healing the content or talking out their ass, 2 healing most of the content in 10 mans puts a strain on my mana sometime fierce but I do enjoy it immensely.

I don't even have 2pt T12 and I'm reforging away from spirit. I have about ~2K with full Tsunami stacks and am still looking to lose more for haste/mastery/crit.

My Disc friend runs about 1600 spirit in 386 iLvl. I run 3000 spirit as holy and want more

Deleted
    Personally I've been using around 2000 spirit for quite some time and I'm really satisfied with it. I've never had mana problems unless I start bubble spamming like a baws. Running flat INT trinkets (aly/domo) ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to mention - we are 25 men raiding guild - i am primarily tank healer
    Save the cheerleader - Save the world
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sutzu/advanced

Deleted
    Pretty much a question of comfort. Depends on the way you manage rapture a lot (and on your ilvl). Also depends so much on your raid dps and if people stand in fire.
    Found 1850 to be a good spot for me. I think it's a little high but it allows me to makes mistakes once in a while and I prefer to have some mana left at the end of combats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switch between disc and holy - I find 2500 spirit to work well for both. I had to reforge out of spirit just to get it to 2500.

Deleted
    yeah i really wanne know how you guy's do this cause i dont believe it tbh.

i raid heal (16,17k hps) 25H with olmost 3000 spirit and sometime im still short on mana.

so i really have a hard time believing you guy's.

am i the only 1 in this ? or do i just heal wrong :S. i do use GH and PoH alot

10+ Year Old Account
    you HAVE to keep rapture on cd - get a power aura or ingela's rapture mod, whatever you need but you HAVE to do it

Deleted
    Only reason i havn't reforged out of spirit on all my gear is that i'm using some of the pieces as shadow too and need the hit rating

Idk, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I never reforge out of spirit. I reforge out of haste in mastery mostly. And even then by the end of BH bosses Im oom after using my shadowfiend mana regain of course. I just want to make sure I have enough mana to heal..>.<

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    you HAVE to keep rapture on cd - get a power aura or ingela's rapture mod, whatever you need but you HAVE to do it
    Ok, I never really thought of it as important but I will try it, thanks a lot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer3 View Post
    Idk, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I never reforge out of spirit. I reforge out of haste in mastery mostly. And even then by the end of BH bosses Im oom after using my shadowfiend mana regain of course. I just want to make sure I have enough mana to heal..>.<

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 03:03 PM ----------

Ok, I never really thought of it as important but I will try it, thanks a lot
    Managing rapture is key to disc gameplay. Not hard, just need to get used to it.

Deleted
    I'm at ~2k spirit now (10 man, mostly tanks), seems to be a nice spot. I could maybe drop a bit more but it gives a nice margin for error.

Deleted
    Today I was first time in FL with my disc and killed 5 HM and had no manaproblems, so i think I'm going to reforge additional spirit in mastery. I play currently at 2200 spirit.