Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling Warrior or Paladin...

...when does low level pvp become fun? Not qq'ing, not condemning, it is what it is. Just curious when I can expect to survive arcane mages, hunters, and rogues. Having a goal will make the pain more bearable.

Deleted
    Well, I pretty much owned as both Retri and Warrior from the 10-14 to the 50-54 bracket, just need to know what to do... ie. Going for flag in wsg, defending a post(mine preferably) in AB, and so on.

Having a Protection Paladin wreck your shit is fun at any level. Warriors, all of them, suck until War bringer or Juggernaut.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    ...when does low level pvp become fun? Not qq'ing, not condemning, it is what it is. Just curious when I can expect to survive arcane mages, hunters, and rogues. Having a goal will make the pain more bearable.
    If your'e doing PvP i reccomend a Holy Paladin, as they are the most OP in PvP at the moment.
    Sure a rogue can stunlock you, but you can just trinket/bubble to reach somebody who can help you easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    When you get some gap closers. In lowbie bgs melee are just fodder for ranged for the most part, so don't try to play the whole game in mid. You'll stop getting killed in an ambush>eviscerate eventually. Really though, people stop getting gibbed around 70 when you can get epic pvp items for pretty cheap. Before then you're vulnerable to any class that is strong in that bracket. From my experience, pretty much any non healing spec is capable of wrecking almost anything in a bg with looms.

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Having a Protection Paladin wreck your shit is fun at any level. Warriors, all of them, suck until War bringer or Juggernaut.
    I disagree with this somewhat. I absolutely wrecked as a fury warrior as long as I wasn't going for mages or hunters in big open areas. With victory rush you can even 5v1 sometimes. It really does suck to not be able to charge in combat, but it's all a matter of choosing your battles wisely. (i.e. letting that paladin eat the hunter's concussive shot before I charge.)

Deleted
    Warr if u wanna whine about dmg and mobility
    Pala if u wanna whine about your brust dispelled and lack of snare

btw go paladin for low level bg

Deleted
    I recently started leveling a warrior trough pvp as well and so far it has been doable, just try and avoid ranged without a personal healer tbh. Rogues are nasty as well but if you can get a heroic throw (or whatever it's called) off you are pretty much even after that as it hits like a truck.
    Last edited by mmoccdd2d3f444; 2011-10-27 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Warr if u wanna whine about dmg and mobility
    Pala if u wanna whine about your brust dispelled and lack of snare

btw go paladin for low level bg
    Funny coming from someone playing the strongest melee class in the game right now and one of the best healers.

On topic, Prot Paladins are fun 1 shotting people with Avengers Shield. Oh and in the 70s bracket Paladins pretty much own everyone.

Fury? I'll give that a try. I'll also consider prot warrior.

Holy is fun, it's the only way to survive anything. Ret and Prot is kite city. I don't live long enough between hitting them. Rogues seem to already have evasion and mages pet-freeze or blink out of range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Funny coming from someone playing the strongest melee class in the game right now and one of the best healers.
    I dont see the funny part...it is true that paladins and warriors whine for that.

I never really had problems on my Prot Pal. Sure, a much higher level Rogue will destroy you before you can do anything, and obviously you shouldn't chase Hunters open field... but most BGs ended up looking something like this (click to enlarge):

Hopped on my 49 warrior on a different server and after buying some green equip since blizz decided to change level requirements on certain pieces of gear jumped into WSG and topped killing and did fairly well w/ hunters and others on me. I hadn't set up keybinds my bars were a mess but I now see that I just have to make it to 29/31 for Warbringer and Devastate. Gonna grind to 15 then dungeoun grind to 29 so that I can enjoy a bit of WSG weekend this week.

as someone who leveled warrior to 70 trough only pvp i say we are amazing (but 25-29 bracket is hard). you are fucked when you get attacked in midfield before you can charge, until you get juggernaut but still you can dish some pain. wsg is hard because you don't have los there so be prepared to get killed by frost mages and hunters with spiders/any other cc capable pets. also, warriors are one of least classes that get all the tools for pvp (rogue gets all that he needs at lvl 30 max) but i still say, warriors are fun in low pvp. you'll have to use brain more than most of other classes because you can't vanish/sprint/heal/stun/trap and what not, but trust me, when you figure it out how to beat other classes, you'll love your warrior. and after you get juggernaut, you'll really enjoy it. warriors are hard to play but damn, they are fun. ( i played as arms btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to realize that blizzard doesn't give a crap about pvp balance for anything below max level. Even at max level blizzard has never been well known for pvp balance compared to some other games.

In the end people just need to realize that WOW is first & foremost a pve game, pvp was only added later because they wanted to reward people for getting together & having fun fighting each other.

If blizzard ever decided to take pvp as seriously as they do pve they would need to do 3 things.

1: Make allot more of the abilities have separate effects in pve & pvp so that they can be balanced for both situations.

2: Put more abilities on diminishing returns.

3: put more impartial people in charge of class balance (seriously look up some of the comments GC & Kalgan have made in the past about what they think of some classes/specs).

They have already admitted they need to do the first 2 things for pvp balance but refuse to because they "think" it would make the game too difficult for new players to pick up & would throw existing players through a loop.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    warriors are farely annoying to someone who can slow you but since they nearly 2 shot they're best when yo ucan charge incombat, as for pallies they're good the whole time

Well, the weekend has been fun and this lil expirement was interesting. I've learned that I really like prot warrior for it's mobility and silences. What I learned that I REALLY don't like is that u can't hamstring in Defensive and since they got rid of shield bash, I'm unable to snare an opponent. I'm aware that at lvl 58 I can get Stance Mastery but I still lose way too much rage to be effective.

Being kited fills me w/ rage and healing a never ending supply of folks that don't play objectives doesn't seem fun at all so I don't know if I'll try the paladin.

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments and their time. Below is the warrior in question...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Juggz/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins of any stripe are pretty much overpowered as hell until 2 minute trinkets and Resilience arrive. Stun them and you pretty much win. Prot's probably the most broken once it gains access to the ability to instantly refresh Avenger's Shield (especially since Avenger's Shield doesn't DR with itself.)

Warriors are pretty much garbage until about 60 or so. You'll two-shot anyone you get near, but most of the "good" classes will either kite you mercilessly or will just heal through the damage, respectively. With no in-combat Charge til the mid levels, no Stance Mastery til 58, and no Intercept until 50 or so, my opinion is that whoever thought up the skill distribution for Warriors doesn't play a Warrior. We get Inner Rage and Cleave before Stance Mastery and Intercept? Really?

Fury with two heirloom axes.

Deleted
    fury sucks
    as said warrior will get fun once you get a decent charge through talents
    I personally hate paladins,they're boring as hell though they can be a pain in the ass in low level bgs

Yeah, it's pretty fun and I'm sure when I gain Intercept it'll be a little better so that i can do something after the initial charge and them blinking/disengaging away. I do love throw btw. But the main thing that sux is that they got rid of Shield bash and along w/ that, the daze. So if they're hopping my initial charge or I get off them somehow, I can't get back.

Other than that, it was a fun weekend.