Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Just to clarify, which the op didnt do, the instanced zones does NOT have a loading time! When you are on your way to your story area, lets say a cave, that cave will have a green "wall" that you can see through but still markes that the zone is instanced. Hope my english is good enough so I made my point

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Just to clarify, which the op didnt do, the instanced zones does NOT have a loading time! When you are on your way to your story area, lets say a cave, that cave will have a green "wall" that you can see through but still markes that the zone is instanced. Hope my english is good enough so I made my point
    Good call, there is not any load times when going into a story area, I should have pointed that out.

Thanks for the post I was a little worried about the instancing/phasing but it sounds to be mainly for when you really don't want to be griefed (i.e. class specific quests) or when there are too many people around to make the experience enjoyable. I want this to be a MMO where I see people all the time everywhere I go so I hope this will work out that way.

that's all nice, but those green walls look a bit... well.. stupid, dont they?
    the first time I saw them I thought they were force fields. many star wars game (like the jedi knight series) had such force fields.

I think blast doors with a special sign on them would maybe have been better?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a blast door going into a random cave is far worse than a green "force field".

I'm pretty sure, for caves too, they would have found something better than force fields and blast doors.
    If its just me, no problem, but I think these huge colored force fields kind of mess with any setting they're in.
    I just wished for something more discreet than a huge colored wall is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green wall = Story Area and Heroic Area
    Blue wall = Flashpoint
    Red wall = Area you can't access yet

As far as the term Instance is concerned, it does NOT refer to a Flashpoint or anything of the sort. It refers to the instance of the world you're on. For example: Coruscant can be broken into 3 instances, Coruscant [1], Coruscant [2], Coruscant [3]. If someone in your party is in a different instance as the rest of the party, they will not be able to enter the same Story Areas/Heroic Areas as the rest of the group. They will also not be on the same map and you won't see them even if they're standing in the exact same spot as you. They will have to change instances in order to do things with the rest of the group.
    Last edited by Rufcat; 2011-10-31 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    I wish Blizzard had had phasing available for expansion releases. In SWTOR however, that will be an absolutely great solution for dealing with starting zones being overrun by players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    I wish Blizzard had had phasing available for expansion releases. In SWTOR however, that will be an absolutely great solution for dealing with starting zones being overrun by players.
    Sorry but the correct term for ToR is "instancing" not "phasing". They mean different things.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I'm pretty sure, for caves too, they would have found something better than force fields and blast doors.
    If its just me, no problem, but I think these huge colored force fields kind of mess with any setting they're in.
    I just wished for something more discreet than a huge colored wall is all.
    It is an easy way to discern between the different areas in the game, the colors are clear and easily recognizable. When you enter one solo or with other people its clear whose "Story area" you are in, i think overall the way they did it was awesome.