Thread: Dark Souls

Deleted

Dark Souls

Hello there,

well I bought a new game today called Dark Souls, rumored to be one of the hardest games which came out this year.
    And as a man with much patience, this one was the first one to make me ragequit - for 2 hours, then I continued playing.
    Guess what? I ragequitted again... for dying 100+ times in let's say 3 hours of gameplay... xD

http://www.preparetodie.com/
    have a peak ^^

This is what I call a challenge. Unforgiving but fair. At some points the regular mob-packs are harder to pass than one of those minibosses.
    ALthough, the latter aren't really easy, most of them (I've seen now) have a rinse and repeat mechanic which is still hard to do.
    (climbing up a tower, jumping down,no big deal. Climbing up the second and third time is the problem^^)
    Traps everywhere.

Enjoy ^^

Game is not hard if you take it slow, look @ your surroundings and play like you have a brain.

I am currently on NG +5

side note. Game is very enjoyable

Agree with the above poster, the game is not hard, you can get through the entire thing by staying awake and remaining patient, if you die it's because you rushed into something or attacked like a madman and had no stamina to block/roll.

Havel for example can be killed by locking on and strafing right, right, right just keep going round, no rolls, no blocks just strafe.

The game can be quite unforgiving when you make a mistake but the difficulty itself isn't an issue - that being said it's a lovely game compared to other boring easy games, the online play is quite rewarding and you can be a total bastard to people.

I found the game's re playability to be quite low and shelved it after maxing my main character, I shall patiently await the release of Skyrim - I'm new to Elder Scrolls games but this one looks fantastic and takes the best bits from Fallout 3 and RPG games and mashes them together, I hope it is challenging, strongly advise looking at it (very few decent vids of it out right now but keep an eye out post-release).