Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "The new cap for professions is 600 and we are currently not planning to add a new profession. We are hoping that pet battles will offer a fun, new type of activity for players to do that offers an alternative to player power progression."

pet battles is overrated and boring.

** i meant gaudy >.< not gregarious on my previous post!

Interesting things in this Q&A. Still, why bother putting up the questions that they didn't really give an answer too? Oh well, this expansion looks promising. Still excited for Deathwing personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wiIdi View Post
    "The new cap for professions is 600 and we are currently not planning to add a new profession. We are hoping that pet battles will offer a fun, new type of activity for players to do that offers an alternative to player power progression."

pet battles is overrated and boring.
    They announced the feature last week, without going into details that much, and you already say it's boring. Did you try the feature and got to the conclusion it's horrible?

That isn't the final model of the charger people. Boub said in his news post that it uses the firehawk's wings. And indeed it looks kinda awkward the way it is now.

I don't know why the Q&A team bother to answer stupid questions really...

Can hardly wait to see all the lore from MoP, the raid bosses and how exactly they're gonna focus on world pvp.

Btw: did they say anything about a zone like WG or TB?
    :O !

The beacon change is incorrect. I was just on the PTR and there's been no change to the tooltip of Beacon of Light.

15+ Year Old Account
    No sanctuary .. meh

A blue just posted in the official forums that Word of Glory has not been removed from Beacon transfer

why does tyraels charger look like its running on air? shouldnt the wings be whats propelling it forward when its in flight? sloppy animating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Q: Just have to say Blizzard are doing a wicked job with this expansion. It is very hard to hype up an expansion without some epic badass villain. The idea of the raging war between the two factions and the Pandaren being stuck in the middle (somehow trying to find peace?) looks to be so cleverly laid out. So very well done for that. New talent system is one of your best ideas yet. Just one question. How will the story be planned out with no villain, will there be a consecutive story eg every patch will release a raid focusing onto the main raid in the last patch. Or will every patch be unique in terms of story?
    A: There are definitely villains in Mists of Pandaria. We just didn't want to put one on the "box cover" so to speak (we don't know what the box looks like yet of course). You have seen some of them, like the mogu. We know who the final boss is. Seriously. It's just too epic to share. Yet.
    Guldan maybe?

Dumbing down the game even more by removing special buffs, and taking away half our spells, this looks promising. NOT

Deleted
    In before hate on Tyrael's Horsie. Personally, I love that mount.. but the wings and the animation need more cowb, eh, work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1892 View Post
    5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PDT what is this in CEST (Europe) ??? PLease dont tell me it's in the middle of the night or sth like that >.
    Ok, I won't tell you.

It's over now, anyway. In my opinion, you didn't miss much since it was rather lackluster (with all the silly Q&A and whatnot).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    How exactly is Blizzard supposed to control faction balance?

How can they control which factions people want to play? This is a player-driven problem, not a Blizzard-driven problem.

The only reasonable solution is to start merging servers.
    I don't see Blizzard merging servers anytime soon. It'd probably be too embarrassing to admit that they wasted a bunch of money on hardware and man-hours only to end up with sparse use.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Calling it, Maiev is the end boss (she had to flee from Darnassus iirc), possibly working with (controlled by) N'zoth.Would also explain where we'll be meeting Illidan again.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    End boss will probably be a lead in boss for the Burning Legion xpac. Someone who maybe summons Sageras into Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I don't see Blizzard merging servers anytime soon. It'd probably be too embarrassing to admit that they wasted a bunch of money on hardware and man-hours only to end up with sparse use.
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    How exactly is Blizzard supposed to control faction balance?

How can they control which factions people want to play? This is a player-driven problem, not a Blizzard-driven problem.

The only reasonable solution is to start merging servers.
    Server merges also cuts off a revenue stream for them with server transfers. Makes them look like the game is in decline which is bad for shareholders and will never happen until the population shrinks by quite a bit. Lets face it, if there are things in this game that make blizzard money they will never add a free feature that takes that away, it will be monetized. I know of people who server transferred with BoA gear and then transferred back. Thats why we wont ever see BoA gear being mailed to other servers. Not because its hard to do. Hell your character is temporarily placed on a different server every time you do a raid/dungeon. How hard is it to send a piece of mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Dejohn View Post
    Server merges also cuts off a revenue stream for them with server transfers. Makes them look like the game is in decline which is bad for shareholders and will never happen until the population shrinks by quite a bit. Lets face it, if there are things in this game that make blizzard money they will never add a free feature that takes that away, it will be monetized. I know of people who server transferred with BoA gear and then transferred back. Thats why we wont ever see BoA gear being mailed to other servers. Not because its hard to do. Hell your character is temporarily placed on a different server every time you do a raid/dungeon. How hard is it to send a piece of mail?
    So glad you posted that, haha i typed out something similar then chrome died on me and i didnt feel like retyping. But dont forget they already have a system in place which could be used for sending BoA gear to other toons on separate servers. All they'd have to do is utilize the same exact system used for blizzstore purchases. You buy something on a specific toon, say the leather spell shoulders for this example. it "flags" your account that you have it. Then anytime you create a toon who can use spell leathers its auto sent to them. Wouldnt be difficult at all. But like you said, blizz is greedy... and they suffer for it. When I was still subscribing to the game.. I paid the subscription to have access to everything not to be ruled by micro transactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    End boss will probably be a lead in boss for the Burning Legion xpac. Someone who maybe summons Sageras into Azeroth.
    i made a thread about this and listed all the reasons why i think it will be this
    weeee!

Q: How will one get to the continent of Pandaria? A: Players will get to Pandaria via new quests from Orgrimmar and Stormwind. We have tried to make these quests short and sweet to make sure players can into the new continent as fast as possible.
    So they haven't learned anything from every other xpac? We're just going to unleash everyone onto the the new starter zone at once and a) overload it b) have people be maxxed in 24 hours?Why not make it a timed and / or zoned access. In order to gain access to Pandaria you'd have to have a certain rep or have a certain item(s). This would significantly reduce the amount of players in one place and prolong the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by avelollo View Post
    Calling it, Maiev is the end boss (she had to flee from Darnassus iirc), possibly working with (controlled by) N'zoth.Would also explain where we'll be meeting Illidan again.
    They said epic. Maiev is hardly that important of a character.

They go for serious major badasses as end villians. The only thing that makes sense at this point is Sargeras, and probably some involvement with Kil'jaeden. The Burning Legion benefits most by having the Horde and Alliance go after each other, since for one reason or another, they've got a hardon for Azeroth.

(And go ahead, tell me Sargeras is dead... like that's ever stopped Blizzard before)