Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    More QQing over nothing? My tooltip already says 25%.
    gtfo.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424687646

looks like according to some there is a stealth nerf to corruption on the ptr as well. have not yet logged in to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    More QQing over nothing? My tooltip already says 25%.
    It was buffed from 25% to 30% with the other destro fixes, then they backflipped.
    I doubt the tooltip would have been updated, since that requires clientside updates.

EDIT... never mind, was thinking of something else.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2011-10-28 at 01:53 AM.

This makes absolutely no sense given the state of the PTR.

I can only assume they intend to buff something else to compensate. It would be nice if they buffed the destro execute, although theres no way they could buff it enough to make up for this 1k+ dps loss.

Its official! Latest patch notes have it crossed out.
    Nothing else was buffed instead.

GG blizzard.

Oh noes!! They nerfed Cataclysm!!
    Let's go and play WotLk again!
    :-P
    (sorry someone had to say it^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    Oh noes!! They nerfed Cataclysm!!
    Let's go and play WotLk again!
    :-P
    (sorry someone had to say it^^)
    not laughing.

read several posts on ptr discussion forums mentioning a stealth nerf to corruption, about to do some test dummy rotations. wish i had combat logs from last weekends ds testing for comparison w/ the cataclysm nerf. /sigh.

confirmed false. corruption ticks for 323 or 324 completely naked with only fel armor up on both live and ptr. plz disregard.
    Last edited by helheim; 2011-10-28 at 09:52 AM.

i just hope its bad datamining

I really hope that the reports about nerfed Corruption is wrong. :/

And the destro nerf sucks. I really hope they have more changes for destro planned before the end of this PTR.

You people really ARE idiots aren't you, just waiting for anything to bitch about...

THEY HAVE made other changes.... they were announced at the same time as the 5% increase to Cataclysm...

Mod edit: Chill. Okay?

# Fire and Brimstone now increases the damage of Incinerate and Chaos Bolt on Immolated targets by 5/10/15%, up from 2/4/6%.

# Burning Embers now deals damage equal to 25/50% of Soul Fire and Imp’s Firebolt, up from 15/30%.

# Buning Embers damage cap has been raised.

# Shadowburn now deals Shadowflame damage, instead of Shadow damage.

# Improved Soul Fire now lasts 20 sec, up from 15sec.
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2011-10-28 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You people really ARE idiots aren't you, just waiting for anything to bitch about...

THEY HAVE made other changes.... they were announced at the same time as the 5% increase to Cataclysm...
    why dont you just calm down pal? the point is that with the cataclysm buff plus the other changes destro was a viable spec, with this cataclysm change its once again behind the other 2 specs.

And those changes in addition to the 5% to Cataclysm made the spec on par with Affliction, now it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    And those changes in addition to the 5% to Cataclysm made the spec on par with Affliction, now it isn't.
    Hey, any changes are better than no changes!
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    I wouldnt say so. Regardless of destruction being 1k or 2k behind other speccs I still wouldnt play it. Before it was an option on fights with movement due to Demonology being bad there, now its simply not an option on any fight (Except for maybe Morchok) so they might aswell just not have changed anything about it. Either do it whole or do nothing at all. We cant use half changes for anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I wouldnt say so. Regardless of destruction being 1k or 2k behind other speccs I still wouldnt play it. Before it was an option on fights with movement due to Demonology being bad there, now its simply not an option on any fight (Except for maybe Morchok) so they might aswell just not have changed anything about it. Either do it whole or do nothing at all. We cant use half changes for anything
    There is really nothing to say that it won't get changed many more times before the next patch content comes out. It is a slippery slope because they can't just say "here it's buffed"
    Cyner#1996

10+ Year Old Account

Next time, please do read more than the headline of the thread, before counterbitching

First of all the 30 to 25 is not a nerf, its a reversion. They buffed it to 30 on the PTR initially and have it down to 25 again because they wanted to test something or guage reaction or see if the other buffs unaffected by this are enough. This is a PTR. The T means 'TEST". Theyre TESTING things out. Tomorrow it could go back to 30 again or 40.

Honestly, you bitch if they buff one spec up over others saying they're forcing us into a spec. Then you bitch when a PTR buff is reverted to current live saying its a nerf. You guys aren't happy unless the sky is falling, the difference is, Chicken Little is a lot cuter than you.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen simcraft for 4.3 changes using 4.2 BIS gear, but I would like to see sims using 4.3 changes in addition to normal and heroic 4.3 gear (if these exist I simply haven't seen them yet). It would seem that would be a better indicator of the way the specs are truly headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    It boggles the mind why they make a spec on par with others then to nerf a couple of weeks later, not to mention Destro is the spec that scales the less of all 3 lock specs and benefict very poorly from legendary procs

Deleted
    I was hoping it was some mistake as with the WoG thing for paladins, but sadly, it is official. The buff was crossed out from the list on official post and no reasons were given.