Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

PTR destruction nerf

cataclysm has been nerfed from 30% to 25%.

thoughts?

it's on the front page, btw.

I am totally clueless about this nerf. This will put us down to around 36,2k DPS in the current simulationcraft I believe. Might be +/- 100 or 200 but approximately around this spot, once again making destruction useless on almost any fight. There might be some fights like Morchok heroic where you can make good use of Bane of Havoc but I havent tested this boss yet so I am not 100 % sure about this.
    Hopefully there will be more changes to destruction since this will make it almost just as bad as before

see ej simcrafts for 4.3 with ptr changes, destro was 2nd best after demo they all were almost on par

e: maybe they want to mini-buff some other talent or spell
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

in the long run it wont be so noticable since the specific spells we use as destro get buffed in 4.3 anyway. Unless they revered they changed somewhere and i missed it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Tuning destruction is a slippery slope i've heard

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this nerf was completely unnecessary.

kinda wondering why

In terms of pure singletarget throughput it was in a dead heat with affliction, and 1k sub demo, in multitarget it always loses out to affi and its aoe is inferior to both affi and demo... It's only clearcut advantage being when you have "a target way off yonder with havoc" - and really, that isn't a reason to have a spec... its an ugly gimmick.

I was being hopeful there would be enough of a buff before the end of the ptr that it competed with demo for the single target in-melee-range crown - did not expect a nerf o.O
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-10-27 at 10:37 PM.

Wow, I didn't expect a nerf at all. All three specs were simming with Destro/Aff neck and neck and Demo about around 1k dps ahead...

I wonder if this is because of PvP reasons?..

what pvp reasons ? random bgs dont count
    in arena immolate getting dispelld and same in rated bgs

just make bane of havoc work on the same target you attacking and buff it by few % when u attacking the same target
    Last edited by Archimand; 2011-10-27 at 10:50 PM.

Isn't that enough that Destro is an underdog in PvE?

I'll reserve judgment until this goes live since it's always possible that there are more changes coming, but this seems like an unnecessary nerf.

DOnt understand how it got nerfed while both fire and arcane remain retardly OP.

Arcane we arlready know and its gona be even better because of the scalling with newer DS items, and Fire theoreticaly is the best caster spec atm

Deleted
    This is one nerf that I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Destruction in sims was BELOW Demo, slightly, but still below, so it can't be they want to tune down class damage. It was not topping the meters and it was so very close to both Demo and Aff (being in the MIDDLE of them). I just don't understand. At all.

Unless it's a base to buffin chaos bolt there just isn't any sensible explanation.

srsly ??
    Destro with 30% not even close to Demo.... i will play Destro for ever.

Also Destruction is corrently the spec that scales the bess with the legendary staff.

I been doing some PTR raids on my new guild tested Ultraxion wich is based a tank and spank fight and the new Burning embers made for 4th damage source arround 13% of the overall damage and its still wasnt fixed to proc WoT

10+ Year Old Account
    There could be many reasonable arguments for nerfing destro, sadly none of them apply....

1. If destros prequisite build-up was faster than demo or affli (and by all means, it's not)
    2. If destro was better at multidotting
    3. If destros scalefactors were higher
    4. If the new set bonuses favoured destro
    5. If destro was OP in 3v3 arena

And I think we all can agree that none of these are the cases, quite the contrary in fact...

And no blizz ain't balancing a specc based on legendary, because in that case rogues should sim 4-5k dps lower than they're currently doing and casters all over the line aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Also Destruction is corrently the spec that scales the bess with the legendary staff.

I been doing some PTR raids on my new guild tested Ultraxion wich is based a tank and spank fight and the new Burning embers made for 4th damage source arround 13% of the overall damage and its still wasnt fixed to proc WoT
    It is??? Or it proc's from burning embers? and is the worst

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    There could be many reasonable arguments for nerfing destro, sadly none of them apply....

1. If destros prequisite build-up was faster than demo or affli (and by all means, it's not)
    2. If destro was better at multidotting
    3. If destros scalefactors were higher
    4. If the new set bonuses favoured destro

5. If destro was OP in 3v3 arena

And I think we all can agree that none of these are the cases, quite the contrary in fact...

And no blizz ain't balancing a specc based on legendary, because in that case rogues should sim 4-5k dps lower than they're currently doing and casters all over the line aswell
    The new set bonus does... destros ramp up time is actually pretty quick

but yes I don't agree with the nerf, there is no pvp or overtuning damage involved

10+ Year Old Account
    fingers crossed for a chaos bolt buff or something similar. playing destro on the ptr has been enjoyable in that i wasn't bringing in the rear anymore. i can only hope. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    It is??? Or it proc's from burning embers? and is the worst

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 11:48 PM ----------

The new set bonus does... destros ramp up time is actually pretty quick

but yes I don't agree with the nerf, there is no pvp or overtuning damage involved
    Not if we look at it from an overall perspective. The 2p bonus gives demo a huge dps increase in fights that are longer than 6 minutes. A destro doomguard only does 266.826 damage whereas a demo doomguard does 774.333. Add 20% to each of these and the benefit is 3 times higher for demo. Now again if the fight is longer than 6 min it will grant an additional 774.333*1.20 dps to the demo while the destro will only get 266.826*1.20 additionally.

To sum it up on a 7.5 minute fight (sim duration) this will be a total of 4130 dps for the demo lock while only 1423 dps for the destro. So the 2p will in this case give the demo lock approximately 2300 dps and the destro 800.... And that's without multiplying the new scale factors which will make the difference even bigger.

The 4p bonus is harder to calculate into actual numbers using napkin math, but i don't see any way than it can outperform the 2p bonus + the already existing gap in current gear.

Edit: And destros ramp up time is definitely slower than demo, without a doubt, as they use pretty much exactly the same spells, but destro have to ramp up burning embers aswell as doing occasional soul fire hardcasts
    Last edited by Beyz; 2011-10-28 at 12:08 AM.

More QQing over nothing? My tooltip already says 25%.