Can moderators delete accounts?

Did a quick search and got a whole lot of posts about "deleted threads", "closed threads" and so on. So I decided to make this topic.

I'm curious as to whether a moderator can delete account. Can they? (the story basically goes -- I'm weary of my screen name so I decided to make a new account... only to come across a thread about mods swapping account names if you ask them nicely and tempt them with cake. To add insult to injury, I also came across a poster who had a slightly different name - but it was still them! Hence my question!)

Thanks!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

15+ Year Old Account
    Moderators cannot delete accounts. If you have a very, very good reason for deleting an account, you'd need to PM me or Boubouille explaining the situation.

If you'd like a name change, just PM me and I'm happy to change it if your desired name is available. Regular mods / super mods don't have the ability to change those.