Poll: Do you like Plate Bikini's on female sets?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    But they're not going to take that into account when the results come to a close right? I'm saying that because it indeed should be an option for this poll. There are many people who aren't being fashion picky over what gear looks like in a game. "Oh now what if an enemy stabs me in the stomach?" disregarding the "oh that boss just breathed shadow and flame all over me and I'm just fine!"

Put a tabard on and get over it.
    What I'm speaking, arameiac?? the point is way over there, like a thousand feet away, cause it pass over your head and you missed it completely. If it is such a non issue for you, if you are not against, not in favor, if you don't care, then why are you in this thread? It's like if someone goes to the MTP thead to say "I don't care about this show at all".

Why do we need to know that you don't care? we would have gotten the message have you not posted in here, that's what I'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a plate bikini. It's too conservative to be one. But yeah i like em they add some fun into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was brought up...

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    But - even in a f***ing fantasy game, where magical artifacts as rings could make up all protection there is... if one gender HAS to wear bulky, heavy, concealing and protecting armour, the other gender would have to do the same! If females can run around in bikinis, then the males should dress up like Conan and show their bodies as well. If anything that matters is that "one, magical, tiny element" which makes up for the whole protection, than we should leave behind termins like cloth/leather/mail/plate and give out "magical armour" which can look just as you want.
    Illidan Stormrage. Herod. Broken Kael'thas. Archimonde. Kil'jaedan. Malchezaar. (there are probably more) All completely bare-chested, male bosses. Just as a point, I've yet to see a single completely topless humanoid female Boss in WoW...

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. when I wear jeans and a top that shows some stomach out in public, I'm wearing a bikini? No. Look at the old Jade/Tyrant gear if you want to see a 'platekini'. Paladin T13 is hardly the same, bare midriff or not.

Mind you, I will concede that the entire concept of sexy or skimpy armor is stupid, considering any enemy with half a brain would just stab you where you're exposed. Just saying, don't lump Pally T13 in with stuff like the sets I mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's obviously just quite.

Yes, I've hated them since Vanilla, another reason why I'm so happy about transmogrification.

Normally I'm a fan of the occasional plate bikini, but the helm that matches this set just totally ruins the effect of the skin. Maybe if you disabled the helm it would look better... I dunno.

just wear a chainmail shirt under it. Like plate wearing BE starting shirt..

10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP's defense... My original thread is titled about the subject. Again, should be 'the spirit of the platikini returns'. He or She is commenting probably the blue who posted with a thread about the plate bikini topic.

Mind you, the realm forum topic is toxic to the brain. I advise against traveling there.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    It is stupid on armor that is made to be fully covering.
    I like how a blue with a cock responded with what was basically a dismissal, i wonder how female blues feel about it.
    I think it was quite a good answer; and the strength of the answer does not change, regardless of what set of genitals said answerer may posess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    If this little ruckus adds some detailed shirts in the game then I will eat a bag of cinnamon. ( Talkin' about stuff like the chain-mail shirt belf paladins use to start out with. )
    I sure hope so. More and better shirts means everyone wins!
    Last edited by TheShinyOne; 2011-10-28 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    just wear a chainmail shirt under it. Like plate wearing BE starting shirt..
    Gone, bro. Unless you have one already you can't get them anymore.

you can transmog into non-bikini gear so not liking plate bikini pretty much makes you into the "i don't like this tier of armor" category. tbh i have no problem with some tummy but i hate the bird for a hat so i'll be transmogging that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At least us Pallys don't tank in high heels (ever seen the Aion chicks tank?)
    By the Light...

Shhh. Don't give the devs ideas. They are watching us. Learning about us.

I will glady take platikini over heels. I am assuming most men don't know the agony of walking in those spiked feet wear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At least us Pallys don't tank in high heels (ever seen the Aion chicks tank?)
    I believe that's because the talons that they have for feet are shaped that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I will glady take platikini over heels. I am assuming most men don't know the agony of walking in those spiked feet wear of death.
    I'm sure a good deal know, but what I don't understand is why they would wear them. It's stupid. Why not bed-of-nail shoes next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

I don't think you know what a Bikini is.

Seriously though, I have serious complaints about our T13. The helm and shoulders make me want to punch babies. The tummy showing? I'm fine with that. Still won't ever see it though. Transmog FTW. If you don't like it, transmog it, wear a tabard, or wear a shirt under it. To call this a "bikini" though means you REALLY need to get out the house more often. Where are you from? The middle east? "THE WHORE! I can see her ankles!"

Personally I don't really find the whole, 'plate bikini' phenomenon appealing. I mean sure, it looks sexy, but it's highly impractical and most of the time is just out of place and doesn't fit. That said, if the character the 'plate bikini' is on suits the look, then it's fair enough. Obviously in battle it just wouldn't work, but if the character suits it then I have no objections.

So I voted 'I like it for this set only': not because that's strictly true, but because I think there are some situations where it works if the character suits the look. Most of the time though, it's just used for mindless sex appeal and is pretty inappropriate. Personally I prefer ladies to look like they know what they are doing and could actually last 5 seconds in a fight, not just be brainless sexed up bimbos for the purposes of getting horny teens to buy the game/whatever.

I'd like it to be less covering than this.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Always so much crying about this on forums. Which is funny because I know a LOT of girls who play WoW and none of them have ever had a problem with it. In fact, the vast majority of them that I know favor them. Many are even looking for specifically skimpy gear to transmog to. It's a fantasy game. Females in fantasy tend to dress in unrealistic armor. If you don't like the look, there are plenty of ways to fix it. Tabards, shirts, other games with more realistic styling.

It's funny how during the summer here in California you can't go outside without seeing pretty much every single girl in short shorts or short skirts, even some of the more conservative dressers. But you show off a bit of stomach in a fantasy video game and all of a sudden things have gone to far. Sometimes I think it's just males complaining to try and look like white knights to potential female posters. Cause I've yet to meet a real female WoW player who has an issue with the armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont worry

for once no one will be looking at your breasts. they will be completely preoccupied by both how retarded your helmet looks and how much of a saftey hazard it is. I think it would probably break your neck if you tried to headbang.

Deleted
    Welcome to the fantasy/High fantasy genre. The less armoured(Or clothed) and more beautiful a female protagonist is, the higher their chance of saving the world. If you wanted realism, you should probably worry more about the GIANT DRAGON MOUNTS that you receive IN THE MAIL WHEN COMPLETING MEANINGLESS AND INSANE TASKS during combat.