Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Did you even read the question? he said His friends play on a pvp server and he wants to play with his friends.

He is not crying about removing pvp on the pvp server he is talking about trying to sell vendor items / respec / AH without forever getting ganked.

You would want the same if you was leveling.

Stop with the stupid threads.
    He wont be ganked forever, he will have plenty of time to do wathever he want, and maybe some times during the day will happen some raids or small groups that will force you to leave the place if you don't want to PvP.
    If he indeed want to play with this friends, just deal with the dam PvP server, you can't change the whole world to fit on your own will, people really really really really qq too much, i can even see some people qqing like this in the future: "ooohh cmon blizzard, i have to kill 15 mobs to complete this quest, while i could be lvling my pokemon or doing some challenges".
    Thats whats make an MMORPG alive, you can't control it, its a alive world, with his own wills and stuffs happening around, and you interacting with it.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Did you even read the question? he said His friends play on a pvp server and he wants to play with his friends.

He is not crying about removing pvp on the pvp server he is talking about trying to sell vendor items / respec / AH without forever getting ganked.

You would want the same if you was leveling.

Stop with the stupid threads.
    The chance of getting sucked into PvP, anywhere in the game, even when I do not want it? Sounds like a game bound to my soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    if u look top pve guilds 90% of them are on pvp servers....your point is invalid
    Your point is invalid too.
    90% Of the PvE guilds being on a PvP server doesn't 'prove' that they do not want to participate in any PvP.

I'd dare to say that people who choose a PvP server like to be 'challenged'. Thus why not in PvE?
    Also, good PvP-ers tend to be good at PvE, because they know how to play their class, what other classes can do, and have good insight in combat as a whole. (positioning, buffs, interrupting, adapting to changes, etc.)
    If you're good at all those things, a boss fight is just learning the 'rules'.

I'm pretty sure those PvE Guilds are perfectly happy on their PvP servers.
    Last edited by mmoc1b829edf9e; 2011-10-28 at 01:19 PM.

Well we have real I.D. now and can do cross server heroic's or w/e. So I dont know why he just doesn't transfer.

This Irks Me.

Read this on the Q&A earlier and it really bothered me. This guy puts himself in the situation of being ganked by playing on a PvP server. If he wants to play with his friends so badly he should put up with what goes down on that type of server.

Really hope Blizzard doesn't cater to complaints like this and botch the whole "battle between factions theme" of this expansion.

Mod edit: merged.

Obe.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-10-28 at 02:42 PM.

nvm, threads got merged so im now misquoted
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-10-28 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    I cried a little inside when I read that.

But otoh at least they're mentioning world pvp these days. And there'll even be a Baradin Hold-type world boss. With negligible loot since the overpopulated faction will have him almost every week, but it's a tiny bit of a good thing.

I know Blizzard really loves me, he just gets bad when he drinks sometimes. I know if I try real good we can be a family again, and it'll be just like it used to be.
    Did you not read the reasons to why he plays on a PvP server? He mentions friends, most importantly people from his country have chosen a single server to migrate too. What is he supposed to do? Play on another server where his friends and his countrymen aren't? That is pretty stupid of you to criticize him for that.

I personally started out on a PvP server when there was still an active amount of actual world pvp, it was fun it was great. The game kind of has moved on from World PvP, and it annoys most people.

Check out this Q&A part.

Q: At Blizzcon Tom Chilton mentioned possible incentives for raiding enemy towns to encourage world PVP in mists, can Greg or Cory elaborate on this at all?
    A: In regards to extra rewards for world pvp, we are contemplating the idea of increasing players conquest point caps by an extra 10-15%.

How do you think that is really going to transpire among level 90 players looking to earn extra conquest? Most likely they are going to fly around the level 85 leveling zone of the opposite faction and gank and corpse camp them cause the level 85 won't have a flying mount to get away.

Sounds fun.

They are just setting their game up to be shit.

No way is it fair for the average player to be constantly farmed by people who leveled up quickly on release day and then having them going around farming lowbies for World PvP rewards while they are on their flying mounts, and the lowbies only have ground mounts.

Farming lowbies who can't really fight back nor get away on a flying mount isn't in the spirit of World PvP.

Hopefully they will make it so the World PvP rewards can only be earned by killing level 90 players.
    Last edited by Vinz Clortho; 2011-10-28 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    identical thread to: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-a-PvP-server

perfectly identical
    It's the same

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Then suck it up and learn to fight players.

If you roll on a PvP server, you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Even if the server is heavily dominated by a given faction, you still knew what you were getting into.

I do think Blizzard should plan on offering options for players in an effort to even out faction populations on servers, though. It's hard to call world PvP fun when one faction outnumbers the other faction by literally fivefold.
    So what you are saying is new players after purchasing World of Warcraft, installling it on their computer and setting up their account, logging in, seeing the server list automatically know each servers faction balance and what that means in the game world? I don't mind discussing this issue, but wow, you really sound ignorant.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 03:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    Yep. Blizzard started catering PvP servers to those who should really be on a PvE server, and there's been hardly any difference between the two for years. This lead to more people who would have otherwise cared about choosing the PvE servers to instead choose PvP cause they're almost the same thing anyway, and now they're going to start whining when we get our PvP back. Blizzard's response should just be "Too bad, people shouldn't be ignoring the server type anyway."

Raiding towns and cities is the ultimate of WPvP -- they should nerf the guards respawn rates and give them loot so that it happens more frequently! Killing the Auctioneers is a pain though, they should respawn as fast as Flight Masters.
    I think you are missing the entire point of Blizzard buffing guards. You notice out in the game world, beyond the towns there are no guards right?

If you look at the size of each zone where there are formidable guards it is probably less than 1% of the total space in any zone.

Also most World PvPer's were just terribad pvpers who would go seek retritbution in low level areas and gank and shut down quest towns and hubs.

How is that fun for the majority of players, new and old to be subjected to a level 85 killing all the quest givers in a town, running around /spit on you and corpse camping you?

It doesn't serve any purpose other than revenge for some worthless terrible player to feel like he was good at pvp.
    Last edited by Vinz Clortho; 2011-10-28 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinz Clortho View Post
    Did you not read the reasons to why he plays on a PvP server? He mentions friends, most importantly people from his country have chosen a single server to migrate too. What is he supposed to do? Play on another server where his friends and his countrymen aren't? That is pretty stupid of you to criticize him for that.
    His choice. Be an adult and deal with the consequences. If his friends chose to play on a PvP server and he then joins them, one can assume he did so knowing full well what the rule set is for a PvP server. And no matter how much people harp on killing lower level players, that, again, is part of the rule set. Don't like it? Reroll PvE.

Deleted
    some of us joined pvp servers to play with friends there, but generally hate being ganked and harassed while we level up. Is that so hard to understand? I levelled 10 characters to 80 and must have had only a handful of meaningful world pvp experiences, rest were ganks by higher levels or people who only attacked while you were fighting 3 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    His choice. Be an adult and deal with the consequences. If his friends chose to play on a PvP server and he then joins them, one can assume he did so knowing full well what the rule set is for a PvP server. And no matter how much people harp on killing lower level players, that, again, is part of the rule set. Don't like it? Reroll PvE.
    His friends and people from his country migrated to a single server. Kind of hard to really "chose" in those conditions. He isn't asking to remove PvP from the game, just to voice concerns over not constantly being ganked by rogues, who have the option to vanish after ganking someone. Blizzard has listened to the player base and have taken really great steps to alleviate some of the concerns that were being caused by people disrupting the game, and not really World PvPing.

No way is it fair for the average player to be constantly farmed by people who leveled up quickly on release day and then having them going around farming lowbies for World PvP rewards while they are on their flying mounts, and the lowbies only have ground mounts.

Farming lowbies who can't really fight back nor get away on a flying mount isn't in the spirit of World PvP.

Hopefully they will make it so the World PvP rewards can only be earned by killing level 90 players.
    The solution is quite simple. Diminished or no valour points for players outside of the appropriate level comparitive to the killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, if it had been "I don't like PvE, I play on a PvE server" and some guy had been complaining about how he cant gank people in enemy cities, dragon slayers would bitch like crazy. No matter what the question, they bitch and moan and ruin the game for everyone who doesn't enjoy slaying scripted dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avilia View Post
    Why?
    Say i want to be in a top pvE guild and kill bosses during content.
    Now look @ servers that are available http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.ru
    How many top are PVE?
    none of the 1st ones

This^ hence the dudes question during the Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    If you roll on a PvP server, you know exactly what you're getting yourself into. Even if the server is heavily dominated by a given faction, you still knew what you were getting into..
    Hold on now.
    I've been playing on a pve server for like 4-5 years, my expectation of what a pvp server is like is this:
    Rogues on nodes of ore with just trash in them waiting to camp you.
    Hunters hovering waiting for your lvl 60 in thrallmar.
    Don't use a summoning stone because that just is a clusterfuck of death.
    Beyond that what exactly am i getting myself into on a pvp server? You shouldn't assume there is some mystical list somewhere that is like," WARNING YOU WILL BE GANKED IF YOU HANG IN THE AH TOO LONG" that everyone is reading.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    His friends and people from his country migrated to a single server. Kind of hard to really "chose" in those conditions. He isn't asking to remove PvP from the game, just to voice concerns over not constantly being ganked by rogues, who have the option to vanish after ganking someone. Blizzard has listened to the player base and have taken really great steps to alleviate some of the concerns that were being caused by people disrupting the game, and not really World PvPing.
    No one held a gun to his head and forced him to tag along.

Similarly, nowhere is it stated that PvP stands for Max Level Player vs Max Level Player. It's PvP - player vs player in whatever shape or form that may take part. If you do not care for that, don't roll on a PvP server and then mope till Blizzard adds a few more guards to one shot those who actually dare partake in *gasp* PvP.

Of course, nowhere is it stated that PvP must be with the consent of both parties. You consented when you accepted the rules of the server type. PvP does not mean "tap them on the shoulder, then slap them with a gauntlet in the face for them to pick up the challenge".

Again, if 'ganking' or 'world pvp' or 'rogues' bother you so much, get the heck out of dodge and move to a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothean View Post
    It's funny, if it had been "I don't like PvE, I play on a PvE server" and some guy had been complaining about how he cant gank people in enemy cities, dragon slayers would bitch like crazy. No matter what the question, they bitch and moan and ruin the game for everyone who doesn't enjoy slaying scripted dragons.
    You know when you say "scripted dragon encounters" you sound really dumb, as pvp is just as "scripted"?

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No one held a gun to his head and forced him to tag along.

Similarly, nowhere is it stated that PvP stands for Max Level Player vs Max Level Player. It's PvP - player vs player in whatever shape or form that may take part. If you do not care for that, don't roll on a PvP server and then mope till Blizzard adds a few more guards to one shot those who actually dare partake in *gasp* PvP.

Of course, nowhere is it stated that PvP must be with the consent of both parties. You consented when you accepted the rules of the server type. PvP does not mean "tap them on the shoulder, then slap them with a gauntlet in the face for them to pick up the challenge".

Again, if 'ganking' or 'world pvp' or 'rogues' bother you so much, get the heck out of dodge and move to a PvE server.
    I am fine on a pvp server. We all actually laugh at the fail guilds and players who try to World PvP, as that is such a stupid version of PvP. Keep thinking it's Dodge City and you are some great player doing World PvP ganking lowbies cause you are terrible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know when you say "scripted dragon encounters" you sound really dumb, as pvp is just as "scripted"?
    I didn't use the word encounters once, who is the dumb one again? Oh yeah, you.

The solution is quite simple. Diminished or no valour points for players outside of the appropriate level comparitive to the killer.
    Doesnt matter, as soon as level 90 players are bored of rewarding wpvp, bgs, arena etc, they will still go out to kill some lowbies for the sake of it or just to feel " like a bawss" ( HELL YESS i one shot level 20s! /flex / im sooo good at this game! ) :P