Looking for input on loot systems

Our guild is currently moving away from EPGP because of it's inherit flaws regarding new players and veteran player inflation. I realize this can (somewhat) be remedied by decay, but it simply isn't enough.

I've settled on zero-sum DKP with fixed pricing. I'll list the details below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Hard DKP cap of 1,500 which will scale with following tier item levels (see point #3).

2. Fixed prices on items based on their stat values. We're going to charge items based on the amount of stamina on a piece of gear. All gear, regardless of armor type has the same amount of stamina as any other gear piece of the same ilvl. This makes things like legs/chest/helm worth roughly 2x the amount of the lowest stat contributing items such as rings and bracers.

3. For each tier that is introduced, we will take the stamina value of a hardmode chest item and roughly double it for the new DKP hard cap.

4. When a roll goes out on a piece of gear, raiders who need the item will put themselves into the bidding by simply stating "need". (we're going to use webDKP to automate it via the in-game addon) Whoever has the highest amount of DKP will win the item, and have the fixed price deducted from their DKP pool.

5. All points spent on a piece of gear from a raider will be spread evenly among the rest of the raid group, including the person who won.

6. No DKP will be awarded for attendance or boss kills. Players are awarded for attendance by receiving DKP every night when someone takes an item, and the points are spread.

7. Penalties for being late, or not notifying of absence will be dealt with by decaying said players DKP by 5% and 15% respectively.

8. Everyone starts at 800 DKP. Initially players will go into the negative receiving loot, however that will eventually stop after a few weeks once points begin to spread.

9. New raiders introduced into our raid group will be put on a 2 week probation period starting with 0 DKP, only being able to acquire uncontested drops. Also, introducing a new player into the roster will not cause inflation due to the DKP hard cap.

10. Sidegrades of the same item level will be free as long as they are uncontested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd love to have some input on this system if anyone notices any flaws or discrepancies, or even better suggested loot systems. I tried to make this as fair as possible for both new players, and existing veterans of the guild.

I'm not interested in loot council, as that only puts more strain and potential drama into the raid group.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by glo; 2011-10-28 at 08:17 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics